Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

I've been playing this again since I recently *ahem* learned how to change the music. :rolleyes: If anyone wants to play, let me know!

Last edited:
^^ I'm down whenever. Hopefully we can get more heads, as now is a tough time since school is started back up for most and such. If not, I'm always down to do some Worldwide. :)

So. Time to flick the Switch on to play Mario Kart 8! Speaking of that...

King Boo.jpg

King Boo in MK8? Double items? What could this mean? Will there be a Double Dash!! mode in the port?

Last edited:
If you think I'm going to earn all my VR again for a new port you're sadly mistaken. Why can't we just use the same disc and transfer data??

Plus I wouldn't be able to use mods anymore. My beautiful textures. ;-;

If they fixed battle mode then maybe. But I still don't see why we'd be forced to treat it like a new game. Can't you update the Wii U version as well?

Last edited:
If you think I'm going to earn all my VR again for a new port you're sadly mistaken. Why can't we just use the same disc and transfer data??

Plus I wouldn't be able to use mods anymore. My beautiful textures. ;-;

If they fixed battle mode then maybe. But I still don't see why we'd be forced to treat it like a new game. Can't you update the Wii U version as well?

The Switch uses cartriges rather than disks so goodbye to Wii U backwards compatability.

The Switch uses cartriges rather than disks so goodbye to Wii U backwards compatability.

I still hope they find someway for us to get our points back. If not, it really doesn't hurt me that much. I was tired of playing with the higher ranked players because of fire hopping and item hell.

I still hope they find someway for us to get our points back. If not, it really doesn't hurt me that much. I was tired of playing with the higher ranked players because of fire hopping and item hell.

I never used fire hopping or spamming items and I always made it to the top :p

I never used fire hopping or spamming items and I always made it to the top :p

It's not like you have control over what kind of items you get so idk what you mean with that.

I've never used fire hopping either though, not because I absolutely hate it but because I just can't pull it off consistently enough since I use motion controls.

Last edited:
I can't wait for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I'm happy they brought back the boo and feather item again, and I'm glad they brought back Dry Bones too. I loved using him in Mario Kart Wii!

I doubt I'm going to get it. No way I'm paying $60 for a few new characters and battle modes. If they add new tracks later on then maybe, but as it stands this is just severely overpriced DLC.

I mean, I honestly can't play MK8 without my textures and custom music anyway.

I doubt I'm going to get it. No way I'm paying $60 for a few new characters and battle modes. If they add new tracks later on then maybe, but as it stands this is just severely overpriced DLC.

I mean, I honestly can't play MK8 without my textures and custom music anyway.
I wish I could hack my Wii U just to texture hack and custom music.

Back