• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mario Kart 8 Official General Discussion

I'd be up if there'll be a weekly tourney or even just a casual race (hopefully, I'm not busy playing BotW by then) :)

Probably won't have enough people the way things are now but it never hurts to try. I may be likely to join btw

finally got this game on friday!! i've been playing it nonstop; i'll join the tournaments this evening :D

Adding botw Link in MK8 was a huge dumb idea, Nintendo stop adding something that has to do with botw in every game.
The SS Link in MK8 was just fine the way it was

Last edited:
Despite having a Switch since launch and previously owning a Wii U, I had never played Mario Kart 8 before. I finally bought it today since it was on sale for a great price. It?s an alright game, but I think I prefer DS and Wii, and I don?t like that there are other Nintendo characters. It?s supposed to be Mario Kart.

I gave my sister my Wii U and Mario Kart 8 for Christmas.

She hates the Koopalings, so at least I can tell she has taste.

Just traded Super Mario Party for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, very happy! The last Mario Kart I played was the DS version, but racing games have always been ones I've been super nostalgic for so I look forward to playing it. I'm really happy about all the different characters, it's so cool to play as a villager or as other Nintendo characters! But the graphics and the gameplay (/handling) are definitely what make me the happiest, though I do miss the competition on a giant floating DS. xD

Just traded Super Mario Party for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, very happy! The last Mario Kart I played was the DS version, but racing games have always been ones I've been super nostalgic for so I look forward to playing it. I'm really happy about all the different characters, it's so cool to play as a villager or as other Nintendo characters! But the graphics and the gameplay (/handling) are definitely what make me the happiest, though I do miss the competition on a giant floating DS. xD

Same boat here. Just picked up this game and it's the first Mario Kart in a while for me.

Last edited:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is right now my favorite game on the Switch. It's really fun to play
online, even if I have to admit that playing 200cc online is brutal, like almost everyone
crashes into the walls or into each other, falling down... And using items like mushrooms
is just pure madness, lol.

Kinda wish however Nintendo would drop a DLC with some new characters like Pauline for
example and some new tracks. I read so many rumors that they would drop a DLC for MK
8 Deluxe in the future, but yeah, there are just rumors and I don't want to believe them
and getting disappointed afterwards if nothing comes out at the end. However, I hope
Nintendo will do something like this one day.

MK8 Deluxe not having DLC is just plain disrespectful for those who had it on the Wii and are huge fans of the series.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is right now my favorite game on the Switch. It's really fun to play
online, even if I have to admit that playing 200cc online is brutal, like almost everyone
crashes into the walls or into each other, falling down... And using items like mushrooms
is just pure madness, lol.

Kinda wish however Nintendo would drop a DLC with some new characters like Pauline for
example and some new tracks. I read so many rumors that they would drop a DLC for MK
8 Deluxe in the future, but yeah, there are just rumors and I don't want to believe them
and getting disappointed afterwards if nothing comes out at the end. However, I hope
Nintendo will do something like this one day.
Cappy and the Broodals would be an awesome addition as well.

I am longing for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe to have DLC, even when It came out.

But thing is, it’s almost reaching the time to where this game is over. As it’s usually the pattern where every 3 years, a new Mario Kart game releases.

I feel like we might know more on DLC for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe due to Mario Kart Tour releasing in Summer of this year. If not, there’s always next game. And I really hope they pull off a Smash Ultimate and include everything that every Mario Kart game had. (Expect the thunder cloud)

Last edited:
When you're playing Renegade Roundup online, you're the last person remaining on your team and you get hit with a random green shell from behind and get caught with 1 second left. Literally one single second remaining, omg that was an awful feeling

Back