• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia XI: Person of Interest END

Trent the Paladin

Lv 29 Nerd
Retired Staff
Bells
Father's Day Carnation
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Festive Bell
Green Christmas Stocking
Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Rainbow Feather
Yellow Pansy
Pikachu Easter Egg
1Tj66bt.png

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...st-(NIGHT-5)&p=3169751&viewfull=1#post3169751

?When everything is over, when the worst has happened? there?s still one thing left in Pandora?s Box ? Hope.? --- Root

DAY NIGHT POSTS:
DAY 1 | NIGHT 1
DAY 2 | DAY 2.5 | NIGHT 2
DAY 3 | NIGHT 3
DAY 4 | NIGHT 4
DAY 5 |

Playerlist:

1. Ashtot TOWNIE SHOT NIGHT 1
2. Natty TOWNIE MODKILLED DAY 4
3. Jennifer
4. oath2order HAROLD FINCH (COP) SHOT NIGHT 1
5. PurplPanda TOWNIE KILLED NIGHT 2
6. Cory Zoe Morgan (JACK OF ALL TRADES) KILLED NIGHT 3
7. Yui Z
8. MissNoodle TOWNIE MODKILLED DAY 4
9. Kyuby (Pofer) NIALL JACOBS VIGILANCE ROLEBLOCKER LYNCHED DAY 3
10. ccemuka MILLER LYNCHED DAY 5
11. River
12. Alice TOWNIE SHOT NIGHT 1
13. MrKisstoefur TOWNIE MODKILLED DAY 4
14. Sataric JOHN GREER (GODFATHER DECIMA) SHOT NIGHT 1
15. Feloreena LYNCHER WON DAY 2
16. Justin THE MACHINE (TREE) SHOT DAY 2
17. JellofishXD
18. smb3master tsundere
19. Dolby DECIMA GOON KILLED NIGHT 2
20. Superpenguin JOHN REESE (WATCHER/1SHOT VIG) KILLED NIGHT 2
21. Uxie ARMS DEALER SURVIVOR KILLED NIGHT 2
22. Kippla VIGILANCE GOON KILLED NIGHT 2
23. BellBringerGreen
24. Jennwa LAMBERT (DECIMA ROLEBLOCKER) KILLED NIGHT 3
25. Benmjy DECIMA GOON KILLED NIGHT 3
26. ShinySandwich SAMEEN SHAW (COMBAT MEDIC) MODKILLED DAY 4
27. CheyLily TOWNIE SHOT NIGHT 1
28. CrimsonFireWolf TOWNIE LYNCHED DAY 1
29. Princess TOWNIE LYNCHED DAY 2
30. LittleBeary TOWNIE MODKILLED DAY 4
31. Kammeh LIONEL FUSCO (DAY COP) KILLED NIGHT 4

1. Jer
2. KarlaKGB
3. Trundle
4. IT'S A MYSTERY

1. tsundere
2. sn0wxyuki

Players remaining: 6/31
TOWN REMAINING: 4/23
*Third Party Counts as Town

Decima KP = 0 (# of mafia/2, rounded up)
Vigilance KP = 1 (# of mafia/2, rounded up)
Third Party = ??/??

WIN CONDITIONS:

TOWN:
  • Lynch/kill both mafia teams

DECIMA:
  • Kill Team Vigilance
  • Equal or outnumber tow

VIGILANCE:
  • Kill Team Decima
  • Equal or outnumber tow

THIRD PARTY:
??????

Introduction:
New York City?s been plunged into chaos thanks to a blackout brought about by Vigilance to disrupt Government spying. Decima Technologies is working to bring about their private surveillance program, Samaritan, online to hand over potential terrorists to the government and sell private information of the people. Meanwhile the Team (town) works to bring order back to New York and put a stop to Decima?s plans. Just remember, you are being watched.

How to Play Mafia for New Players:

Welcome to TBT Mafia. Mafia is a game of the informed minority versus the uninformed majority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Townies than Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavour. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

Roles:

This game is a Closed Setup. There is no list of possible roles and some role names are unique.

However, the full Role PM of every player will be revealed and posted upon their death, including the name of their role name and any abilities they may have had. Players can gain valuable information about the setup and roles from this. Obviously information such as fellow scum members will be censored.

Because role names are unique, some roles (such as mafia) may be given official "safe claims" by the host to use. These are role names that are guaranteed by the host as not used in the game, therefore making them safe to claim as knowing that they will not conflict with an identical role name that another player has.

Regarding role selection, I have ran the Player List and my personal Roles List against a randomizer three times, and picked the most balanced setup in my opinion to use for the game. I have not manually moved players around between roles, like most games have done. Hopefully this will reduce the effect of meta speculation based on player skill and role.

Win conditions are included in your Role PM.​

Wills:
Every Player in the game can set a Will in their name during the Night. You can additionally change your Will later in the game up to 3 more times, but never more than once per Night.
If you use an Action at Night, it would be appreciated if you set any wills you intend to set with your action PM at the same time to make my life easier, instead of sending a separate PM later. Thank you!
Wills will be revealed upon death, so suspicions or whatever silly messages you set will be shared with the others.

General Mafia Rules:

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):

1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
  2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
  3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
  4. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
  5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
  6. Getting yourself mod killed to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
  7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
  8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
  9. Sharing accounts with other players.
  10. Posting a false role PM phrased/screenshotted as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

!!! ANYONE CAUGHT SHARING SCREENSHOTS FROM OBSERVER, PM, SCUM CHAT, ANYTHING WILL BE BANNED!!!
Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. I can and will take action.

Time Cycle and Phases:
Under regular conditions, the game will generally follow a 48 hour day and 24 hour night cycle, however some secret conditions may cause this to change throughout the game. If I am not online and available to post when a phase is set to end, the game will be paused until I can post. No vote changes or actions will be accepted during this period.

Day:
During Day, the village must vote to lynch another player from the game. Selected items can also be used from your inventory during Day. Under regular conditions, Day ends after 48 hours or when Majority vote has been reached after at least 24 hours. Some conditions may cause this to change throughout the game.

Night will follow after the lynch post has been published by me.

Night:
During Night, you can send in night actions and use items from your inventory. Under regular conditions, Night always ends after 24 hours, regardless of when all actions are submitted. This to prevent meta speculation over when actions were sent in. Some conditions may cause this to change throughout the game.

Activity:
If you miss voting in two Deadline No Lynches in a row, or miss voting in three Majority Lynches in a row, you may be mod killed depending on the circumstance.

Please also make your best attempt to post on a regular basis. If I feel you are not contributing to the game enough, I may prod you via a PM asking you to post. If you ignore this and continue to avoid posting, you may be mod killed.

Play to Win:
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing. There is a fine line. If I feel as if you are not acting responsibly, I will PM you and ask you to keep your behavior in line.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM me if you need to leave the game.

Wisdom of the Crowds:
When you sign up, you may PM me with the name of one player you do not want to play with. If I get enough PMs about the same person, they will be excluded from the game, subject to my personal review. This will be done with the utmost confidence. If I feel this is abused, I may opt to not remove the player.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you may be mod killed, depending on what the edit was. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything.

Inappropriate Posts:
Mafia games can get heated, emotional, and salty. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia should stay in Mafia. Don't let things wash over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. DO NOT let the Salt flow through you, contrary to popular belief. Especially if I tell you that.

Out of Thread Communication:
It is common for mafia or a town PM circle to use a medium outside of TBT such as QuickTopics or IRC to communicate during the game. Please be mindful that other players may attempt impersonate members of your team or attempt to infiltrate your chat. You use these media at your own risk.

Replacements:
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made in the game until Day 3. If a player is mod killed during the designated time, then they will be replaced by a player on the replacement list.

Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

General Mafia Voting Rules:

1. This game will use Majority Lynch. For those of you familiar with IRC Mafia, it is the same system. When a player attains over 50% of the vote, they will be immediately killed and Day will end. (For example, with 14 players alive, a player requires 8 votes to be lynched) If I am not online and available to post when this occurs, the game will be paused until I can post. No vote changes or actions will be accepted during this period.
  2. If the deadline is reached without a majority, nobody will be lynched. This is considered a Deadline No Lynch. Voting is required on a regular basis or you may risk mod kill, please see the Activity section under the General Mafia Rules. You may choose not to lynch, but you must make this clear (##VOTE: No Lynch).
  3. Voting is done in a separate thread, located here. You may announce and discuss your votes in this main thread, but only votes in the Voting thread will be counted. Do not PM me your vote.
  4. Please vote in the following format: ##VOTE: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
  5. If you want to change your vote, first type ##UNVOTE followed by your new vote ##VOTE: Username. You can change your vote at any time and as much as you like (within reason) up until a majority is reached.
  6. No conditional voting.
  7. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
  8. Voting is required on a regular basis or you may risk mod kill. Please see the Activity section under the General Mafia Rules.

If you would like access to the Observers Chat, please PM me. Before you do though, I ask that you possibly consider joining the replacements list instead. If you join the Observer Chat, you obviously cannot become a replacement later in the game if needed. You CANNOT share the chat with living players, or any information from it.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!

1. Tina
  2. Alise
  3. Jeremy
  4. AndelSky
  5. Lauren
  6. ITookYourWaffles

Last edited:
Guess we're having 2 closed main mafia games in a row. Anyways, I'm in.

I have time for two mafia games at once since I have this week off. Jen's playing too so yay! :) I'm in!

I'm in! I hope I die early, but only if mafia kill me:)

- - - Post Merge - - -

are items in this game? Is that why there are wills? Or is that to stop goodbye posts?

I'm in! I hope I die early, but only if mafia kill me:)

- - - Post Merge - - -

are items in this game? Is that why there are wills? Or is that to stop goodbye posts?

No items in this game, I just thought the wills were kind of nifty. Plus you can share suspicions on it or be mighty silly.

This is like the only game I would want to play now. But exams and (we have like homework?? when we?? have to revise?/ over half-term??? BYE) stuff so I can't. I hope it turns out good though <3

(Fixing post glitch)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Not sure if anyone else had that, but I did.

/obs. If you guys really want me to join well maybe the next main one.

Is there a Mafia team this game?

Back