Favorite and Least Favorite Species of Animal?

My favorite species is horses, my town is 6/10 horses lmao

Idk what my least favorite is. There's a lot that I don't like unfortunately

The ducks are my favourite. I'm thinking of making an all duck or bird town. I also like most of the squirrels. My least favourite are the kangaroos and alligators. I also wish the cats were designed better.

FDffLYM.jpg

K7twApx.jpg

CPNA3WgUEAAMzfB.jpg
It appears that the gorillas,mice and hippos would be most ACNL players' least favorite villagers if this thread is any indication.Let's have a look then:
Gorillas:It seems that people have a size issue with the gorillas.Yeah,they're a lot bigger than a player character but it's not like we have to engage in a sumo wrestling match with them.I would think that people would be more freaked out by the gorillas' butt pads.Yep,they have butt pads,one for each cheek just like their real life inspirations.The only thing that bothers me about the gorillas is their pointy heads.You could engrave stone tablets with the tops of their heads.

Mice:The mice are 87% head and 13% body.It's amazing that they can stay upright let alone walk around.I think that the basic mouse template that Nintendo uses in their design is a lot harder to make unique than the other villagers in the game and there's what,like 37 mice in New Leaf?And those ears are huge...they have bigger ears than the elephants.

Hippos:Ok,we're talkin' big heads here(actually,enormous heads),large,flat teeth and flaring nostrils(the hippos are the Judd Nelsons of the ACNL world).If you look at the hippos on their ACNL Wiki page they don't look all that bad.Bitty is a nice addition but then you get to Harry.Wow.He kind of drags the whole species down with that fungus growing around his mouth.

Personally,I like the ducks,pigs,frogs,goats,squirrels and cats.The only species I don't like all that much are the kangaroos.I don't think they're particularly ugly or anything.They just don't interest me.

My favorite species: The Dear villagers - most of them are just so well designed ,and I bet it is due to them being the newcomers, and the fact that there is some mass to be modeled with.

My least favorite: The Lion Villagers - Those models look overly detailed and limited too much to male lions. They seriously need to accommodate the model so we can have girl lions, too. v.v

I don't get the mouse hate, though. Sure, the models could be better, but the designs of many of them have incredible potential!

Favorite: Cats & bunnies
Least favorite: Alligators or rhinos

My favourites are probably the ostriches(so much variety!), wolves, and ducks. But I don't like gorillas, mice, or chickens. (Although one of my favourite villagers of all time, Ken, is a chicken, as a whole I don't like them.)

My favs are cats and the sheep. My least fav is probably the monkeys and gorillas, I've never been really fond of any them before :/

I like the alligators and octopi. I don't really like the anteaters or squirrels much, mainly because their overall designs tend to be either bleh or boring. Peanut is cool though.

I love the sheep characters because they wear their clothes as scarves and they're just so fluffy.
I don't know what my least favorite species is, maybe the ostriches or the hippos?

Last edited:
Back