Cats or dogs?

• I prefer cats!

Votes: 68 38.9%
  • I prefer dogs!

Votes: 61 34.9%
  • I love them both equally!

Votes: 46 26.3%

• Total voters
I'm a dog person for sure and my family has dogs... but I'm a total cat lady for my room mate's cat. He's the chillest cat ever and so loveable. I've never got along with any other cat.

I like cats and dogs pretty evenly, but overall I'm pretty indifferent to them both at the moment.

Dogs can be very friendly and can be great companions, and owning one can encourage a healthier lifestyle since you need to take them out for walks, but I'm not comfortable with the idea of having to pick up their poop when taking them out for a walk. I'm also not comfortable with the idea of just leaving it there on the sidewalk, because that's just rude and inconsiderate of anyone else who uses the sidewalk.

Cats are more my speed since they generally seem to be less intensive to take care of when compared to a dog and are more independent. That said, hearing from cat owners how often they get bitten or clawed, even if it's not typically all that big of a deal, is a deterrent. I'm also wary of that Toxoplasma gondii parasite that has been talked about in recent years that cat owners can catch from their pets.

In the end I've never owned a cat or a dog and I don't expect to ever do so. They seem like quite an investment when you consider having to buy their food and seeing to their health care, especially when you get into specific diseases that certain breeds can be prone to. That said, I'll gladly hang out with someone else's cats or dogs if I'm visiting the owner or babysitting the pet for them while they're away.

If pressed for an answer, I suppose I'd be more inclined toward cats like I mentioned earlier.

Last edited:
I prefer dogs :)

I personally feel that dogs are more affectionate and better companions. Even though they are a lot more work, they're so playful and adorable and loving that it all makes up for it.
I have a dog and she's an unbelievably intelligent, sweet, and wonderful animal. I love her to pieces <3

Cats all the way which is a problem because my boyfriend is a dog person. But not just any dogs, only small ones like pomeranians whereas if I were to get a dog I would have a bigger one like a labrador or something. So the future looks fun for us

Cats, i like dogs because they exist, but thats about it. I'm more of a reptile/amphibian guy myself though

I used to go back and forth with cats and dogs as a kid, but I would say I love cats and dogs roughly the same as I got older

Last edited:
I love both, but I think I prefer cats more since they're the only pet I've had. Even though I'm allergic to both, I don't really care, I love them all the same.

CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS CATS

Cats!! They're lil babies 4 eva. Idc how old they get, they're still a kitten fur baby in my eyes. They love you without being obnoxious.

I've always adored both. And I've always had both as pets, at the same time. To me cats are lovable as*holes haha, but really independent, doing their thing, living their life. They are such goofballs, adorable, loving balls of fur, but I've rarely had a loyal cat. Since I was a kid I think I've had 6 different cats, and only one of them was really loyal. I used to live with my dad in a big house with a big yard, we used to always let our cats do whatever they wanted, and go outside whenever they pleased. However all of them left at some point - some we didn't see for months, some for years, some just never returned and lived with neighbours instead. My dad used to say they "change houses". But of course for people having only indoor cats, that's not the same.
Dogs however are really loyal I feel compared to cats, in nature. Dogs are your companion for life. They are sweet, and would do anything to make you happy. They never get enough of you. Right now I live on my own, and I just adopted a mini doxie, she's almost 6 months and it's the first time in my life I've not had a cat at the same time as a dog. I love her to bits. But, whenever I'll be able to, I'll also adopt a cat! (my apartment accepts dogs but not cats... how logic is that?)

Both are really different but they are, to me, the perfect balance. Their differences are what makes them so great. And I know whenever I'll get the chance, I'll adopt a cat because right now, even though I adore my puppy Fauna, I feel like there's something missing.

How can you not love this bundle of joy?

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Back