Dreamy Bear Plush
Black Famous Mushroom
Friday the 13th Candy
Voodoo Doll
Spring Sakura
Purple Bat Potion
Pavé
Spring Shamrock
i'm getting a second copy today and i'm thinking about trying to move all my villagers over and plot resetting to make sure i'm not going to have a villager who's worth 70 mil move into a place that's gonna make me want to void them. idek if i want to risk it because they're all in reasonable places right now but i will if i can figure out a reliable method of doing it because i hate the river on my current map >.<

basically i just want to ask what's been your experience with plot resetting?
if you've had your file corrupted, what method were you using and if you haven't had your file corrupted, what method do you use? i just want to find out if there's a consistent way to do it and if anyone has any tips or warnings. i've been reading up on it a bit already but i haven't been able to find anything consistent. at this point i don't even know if there is a reliable method at all or if the corruption thing is just a fake story somebody made up to deter people from "cheating" or what have you. i know your file can corrupt if your cartridge gets damaged or if you exit the game while it's saving but idk if it can just by being basically turned off and back on again.

and i've also heard something about the power button method being "safer" than the home menu method?? it's all very confusing lol so i would appreciate some insight if anybody's got any :3 thanks everyone!! xx

Last edited:
The likeliness of your town corrupting from plot resetting is the same as your town corrupting because you saved and quit.

If your dreamies aren't in horrible places I wouldn't start over. The risk of corrupting is small but the risk of losing a dreamie because someone doesn't get back in touch with you is higher. Hopefully the transfer goes well!

Back