• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia X: The Honnō-ji Incident [Game Over/Town Win]

Not sure if this was missed, but I d like to be removed from the replacement list and I'll take observer's.

day1_battle_zps1db8313e.png

Day 1 (June 12 1560)

“Imagawa has 40,000 men marching toward this place? I don't believe that,” Oda Nobunaga had declared last night. “Whoever is with me, come to the battlefield tomorrow morning. Whoever is not, just stay wherever you are and watch me win it!”

Now Toyotomi Hideyoshi, loyal sandal bearer to Oda Nobunaga, marches on foot alongside the rest of the warlord’s retainers. The summer sun is blazing and Hideyoshi is sweating profusely beneath his armour. The troops come to a standstill and he feels faint.

‘A little while more,’ Hideyoshi tells himself, ‘just a little while more and we’ll be at the temple.’

“There has been a change in plan,” Nobunaga calls to his followers. He walks through the ranks, arms spread wide. “Those of you on my right will come with me to the woodland gorge where Imagawa and his retainers are resting. The rest of you, continue en route to the Zenshōji temple, as previously decided.”

There is a murmur among the men. Hideyoshi, who had been among the fifteen hundred retainers standing on Nobunaga’s right, follows his leader down a new path toward the forest.

“Oi, Hideyoshi,” another retainer, Yanada Masatsuna, says. His voice is low.

“What?”

“What if Imagawa isn’t lying?” Masatsuna asks. “What if he’s just trying to lure Nobunaga out here like this?”

“He isn’t that stupid,” Hideyoshi says, “Imagawa declared how many retainers are with him for one reason only: to prevent us from cutting him off when they pass through our territory.”

“I hope you’re right,” Masatsuna says, “I almost regret informing him of Imagawa’s passing through Owari. I can't shake this feeling that something bad will happen.?

“Have faith in Nobunaga. He’ll surely lead us to victory.”

The sun is at it’s highest point in the sky when Oda Nobunaga and his retainers arrive at a woodland gorge. The sounds of song and dance can be heard over the trees. Hideyoshi drinks from a stream before pushing onwards to where Imagawa’s men have set up camp.

The retainers are idle, lazing around or joyfully dancing. They drink sake and sing loudly, already drunk. Many have removed their armour due to the hot sun, unwittingly leaving perfect access for spearheads and swords to pierce their tender skin.

A bolt from the blue and the ranks are shaken.

Rain thunders down heavily without notice. The perfect summer’s day becomes humid and damp in an instant - and that’s when Nobunaga issues command.

Hideyoshi is unarmed, but he follows orders and runs into the Imagawa Clan’s campsite. He plucks a sword from a drunken retainer, using it to deflect blows from disorientated soldiers who have barely had a chance to find their bearings before they’re flung to the ground.

“Hideyoshi!” comes Masatsuna’s voice. “Are you alright?”

“I’m good,” Hideyoshi says,“but yo- you’re bleeding.”

“Just a scratch.” Despite the pain, Masatsuna forces a grin.

The afternoon wanes on, the men soaked in rainwater and each other’s blood. When eventually a shout is heard, and two of Nobunaga’s retainers bolt out of Imagawa’s tent. The clash of blades falls silent - so quiet, only the sound of the falling rain can be heard.

Nobunaga swipes a bloodied head by it’s matted hair from one of his retainers hands, then holds it high so the rest of the two clans can see. In a booming voice he declares:

“Imagawa Yoshimoto is dead.”

A man holds his hands up in surrender. A renowned samurai in his own right, Tokugawa Ieyasu falls to his knees and begs Oda Nobunaga to join his ranks.

Nobunaga tosses his sword aside, sparing his life.

The Oda Clan has won the Battle of Okehazama,
but they’ve a long way to go to win the war.​

Imagawa Yoshimoto (aka. Tina) died twenty-two years ago.

The WotC victim has been spared due to another player trying to manipulate the vote. This is not okay and for this reason I am removing WotC from this game.

It has been exactly twenty-two years since Oda Nobunaga held Imagawa Yoshimoto’s severed head up high for all to see, establishing his position as a warlord in feudal Japan. His empire has since expanded, now encompassing two-thirds of the country’s landmass. And, like he had intervened with Imagawa’s siege on Kyoto in 1560; he too has a mission to capture the country’s capital for himself - but someone intends to stop him. But first, we need to establish something: just who is Oda Nobunaga?

Oda Nobunaga - Mayor
You are a strong leader and a militant warlord. Your men trust you and have helped you lay claim to over two-thirds of this vast island nation. As a result of this trust, you have been given nighttime immunity until your pageboy, Mori Ranmaru, passes away. However, you are still susceptible to lynching if the Oda Clan choose to turn on you.​

You have forty-eight hours until your journey officially begins. Use this time to elect one of your comrades to take on the role of Oda Nobunaga and lead the Oda Clan to victory. Once you’ve appointed your mayor, an ordinary retainer will be promoted to bodyguard aka. Mori Ranmaru.

Mori Ranmaru (Bodyguard)
You are a pageboy to Oda Nobunaga and, as long as you are alive, he has night- time immunity from kills by all alignments. However, there is a catch: if Oda Nobunaga is lynched, then you will die alongside him. If Oda Nobunaga is shot by a Rōnin then you will not die.

Day will end at 11pm GMT (7pm EST) on Tuesday May 13th.

Good luck, treat each other with respect, and most of all have fun! :)

Last edited:
Elect Me or You Might End Up Electing Cory

Good day, everyone. This is my campaign post.

3JsyPtp.png

Mafia. Who are the mafia? That is the question that is presented to us each game, and each game, we try our best to find them all and ruthlessly kill them.
So what am I doing? Well, as I'm sure most of you know from reading or playing in previous games, I am often targetted during the nights. This is because I am a threat to the mafia due to my posts and the way I bring town together. I propose this game you elect me, so I can keep the values in tact without interruption of the mafia. As you all know, the mayor role grants night protection until the bodyguard is dead.
My plan: Find mafia as soon as possible to prove myself innocent, and work with town members from there to gain victory. I can direct blue roles through my posts and I can also be a medium of information for the town. For example, if you are a Detective or a Priest that would like to PM me so that I can reveal information without giving your role away in the thread, I would be more than willing to help. I will try my best to construct nightly plans and present a case each day.
Why should you vote for me above others? Well, many have observed my behavior each game and know that I'm quite obvious when I'm mafia. I plan to continue my "obviously a town member" posts and I will always be open to any questioning. Remember that as a mayor, I will try to provide as much leadership as I can, but in the end you should not solely rely on me to find scum, as you're all valuable town members as well.

Happy voting!

NXRrmJI.png

So people, let's talk serious. We want a a mayor that know what the people want. I am a pleb like the rest of you. I don't have a flashy photoshop sign, but I do have a general knowledge of the people. So, if you vote for me we will have a mighty fine time.
I have a list of reasons that voting me as mayor is the best choice.
1. I am a common man
2. I will be fair to my citizens and I will listen to their voices
3. Jubs sits on a throne of lies and do you really want a mayor who does Rob Ford crack cocaine?
4. Every Wednesday we have caviar with our lord and savior Shrek
5. We have Lunchables for lunch. (It's the make your own pizza ones)

- - - Post Merge - - -

FYI trundle also does rob ford crack cocaine.

Let's get this started!

Sorry of this was asked, but I couldn't find the answer anywhere. Just like in the past games, will the Mayor choose who to lynch on Day One?

NXRrmJI.png

So people, let's talk serious. We want a a mayor that know what the people want. I am a pleb like the rest of you. I don't have a flashy photoshop sign, but I do have a general knowledge of the people. So, if you vote for me we will have a mighty fine time.
I have a list of reasons that voting me as mayor is the best choice.
1. I am a common man
2. I will be fair to my citizens and I will listen to their voices
3. Jubs sits on a throne of lies and do you really want a mayor who does Rob Ford crack cocaine?
4. Every Wednesday we have caviar with our lord and savior Shrek
5. We have Lunchables for lunch. (It's the make your own pizza ones)

- - - Post Merge - - -

FYI trundle also does rob ford crack cocaine.

Here we see poor sportsmanship and degrading the other members for influence of votes. Why would a candidate put down another candidate unless they actually did something wrong? Surely we are all heading towards the same goal - bringing the town to victory. Obviously you don't need to put others' campaigns down as we are all simply trying to provide night protection for someone who actually needs it (i.e. not you).
[19:30] <+Lauren> trundles post
[19:30] <Cory> IS TRASH
#rude

Here we see poor sportsmanship and degrading the other members for influence of votes. Why would a candidate put down another candidate unless they actually did something wrong? Surely we are all heading towards the same goal - bringing the town to victory. Obviously you don't need to put others' campaigns down as we are all simply trying to provide night protection for someone who actually needs it (i.e. not you).
[19:30] <+Lauren> trundles post
[19:30] <Cory> IS TRASH
#rude

I think voting a bad player like me is a good idea because it will throw the mafia off and they will need to create a new strategy.

I think voting a bad player like me is a good idea because it will throw the mafia off and they will need to create a new strategy.

The point of voting for a mayor is to both provide protection for them and have a leader. If you're not a strong player and will hinder the town more than help it, then we're not voting for you.

The point of voting for a mayor is to both provide protection for them and have a leader. If you're not a strong player and will hinder the town more than help it, then we're not voting for you.
Would you like a mayor who wants your role before even starting the game?
[17:55] <Trundle> what's your role
[17:55] <Cory> townie
[17:55] <Trundle> i know you're not townie cory
[17:55] <Cory> I am
[17:55] <Trundle> no you're not
[17:55] <Trundle> by your excitement
[17:55] <Trundle> you're not
[17:56] <Cory> I was excited about the game not the role
[17:56] <Trundle> nope
[17:56] <Trundle> what's your role
[17:56] <Cory> townie
[17:56] <Trundle> TELL ME YOUR ROLE

Due to recent allegations of additional substance abuse, I'm taking a leave to rehab. My candidacy from the mayoral election has been withdrawn until further notice.

In this exclusive photo, you can find me relaxing at rehab:

844667512_1095038.gif

Best regards,
Your Pal Rob Ford

Superpenguin For Mayor!

Okay, well, I'll start out by saying the WoTC vote manipulation may have been done by me. I was trying to rally people behind a cause to WoTC a player. I was in no way trying to force players into doing this, and some of the responses I get what the name suggestion were very shocking, mainly because these players are so quiet during the game, yet have so much to say:

Anonymous Sources said:
Are you referring to the games after Dolby, when he just started using anger for defense? Yeah, I'm WoTCing him for both that and he's starting to just spam the Mafia thread like he did in your game and not much else.

Anonymous Sources said:
Thanks for reminding me about it. Oh yeah, and so-so can't read very well. Last game I asked him to step it up from his spammy posts, and he just said it was a stupid reason to lynch him. I wasn't even suggesting it. I'm sure this game will be more enjoyable, considering I have attempted to step up my play style.

Anonymous Sources said:
Sure! They can be a great player at times, but Mafia sometimes can go to his head.

The rest was done through IRC, with no quotes saved. Basically, if anyone declined, I respected their decisions. But several players were jumping at the chance to WoTC. Obviously, they probably wanted to do it for a long time but figured thier vote never would've matter.

Even though this was a corrupt thing to do (and I apologize as it was disprespectufl to Tina's game), I believe I have proven myself able to rally supporters for a common cause, thus I am running for mayor.

I've already promised to myself and others that I want to work with those that are underreprensented in the mafia games. The quiet ones have so much to say. THey are just never approached. I am here to tell you that I will approach you, and I will work with you. A lot of people will of course question "What if one of th eparties is mafia then?" obviously I have that handled. I never start off a conversation about mafia with my role nor asking for a role, and I never expect others to do this either (though so many do).

Now, even if I am not elected, I have a plan for the Mayor/Bodyguard duo which I want input on:

There is only one bodyguard. That BG needs to tell the Mayor straight away who they are. The mayor then needs to out the BG to the entire thread and get ALL players to roleclaim to the BG as they will be confirmed. From there, the BG will sort through the roleclaims, figure out which ones have an oddly large amount of claims, and guide the Mayor in the right direction for the Day One Lynch.

At least, that's the simplified version.

Would you like a mayor who wants your role before even starting the game?
[17:55] <Trundle> what's your role
[17:55] <Cory> townie
[17:55] <Trundle> i know you're not townie cory
[17:55] <Trundle> no you're not
[17:55] <Trundle> by your excitement
[17:55] <Trundle> you're not
[17:56] <Cory> I was excited about the game not the role
[17:56] <Trundle> nope
[17:56] <Trundle> what's your role
[17:56] <Trundle> TELL ME YOUR ROLE

I really don't think this is even worth replying to, but obviously I'm going to ask you considering you're not necessarily known as a good town player. I wanted to know what I could expect and I honestly don't believe what you said considering you were way too excited. You usually sit in a corner and get bored when you hit townie role.

I really don't think this is even worth replying to, but obviously I'm going to ask you considering you're not necessarily known as a good town player. I wanted to know what I could expect and I honestly don't believe what you said considering you were way too excited. You usually sit in a corner and get bored when you hit townie role.
Well, as I said in the bioshock mafia, I am a changed player. I just couldn't prove it that game because I was scum.

Now, even if I am not elected, I have a plan for the Mayor/Bodyguard duo which I want input on:

There is only one bodyguard. That BG needs to tell the Mayor straight away who they are. The mayor then needs to out the BG to the entire thread and get ALL players to roleclaim to the BG as they will be confirmed. From there, the BG will sort through the roleclaims, figure out which ones have an oddly large amount of claims, and guide the Mayor in the right direction for the Day One Lynch.

At least, that's the simplified version.

I don't necessarily agree with your plan here. It's not confirmed that the bodyguard will claim, and also a mafia or cult leader could easily role claim as the bodyguard and retrieve all of the blue roles. That being said, it's quite redundant for the bodyguard to claim to the mayor in the first place considering they're going to be outed anyway. This will also cause a death for the bodyguard and leave the mayor vulnerable. Also, after the bodyguard receives all the claims, where is that list of claims going to go? The mayor can never be trusted, and it's clear the if the bodyguard it outed, he's going to die. There are way too many flaws with this plan for it to work.

I'm not voting for Cory and I would advise others not to do so as well. Cory pretty much gave up his role in Bioshock.

Back