• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

want to CONFIRM whether you can have 2 towns on the same 3DS

whimsy

perfect peach 🍑✨
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0118-0130-0745
Heart of the Forest
Green Star Fragment
Dreamy Bear Plush
Black Famous Mushroom
Friday the 13th Candy
Voodoo Doll
Spring Sakura
Purple Bat Potion
Pavé
Spring Shamrock
i read online that you can have 2 towns on the same 3ds by buying 2 different copies of the game (2 hardcopies or a hardcopy and a digital copy) and i've been thinking about making a cycling town for a LONG long time and i just found a $25 gift certificate to target lol SO i just want to confirm before i spend it that you don't need to have 2 3ds's and you can actually have 2 different towns with the same friend code.

has anyone actually succeeded in doing this?? xx

I have a hard copy and a digital copy, both towns work fine and everything so you do not need 2 3ds's

i read online that you can have 2 towns on the same 3ds by buying 2 different copies of the game (2 hardcopies or a hardcopy and a digital copy) and i've been thinking about making a cycling town for a LONG long time and i just found a $25 gift certificate to target lol SO i just want to confirm before i spend it that you don't need to have 2 3ds's and you can actually have 2 different towns with the same friend code.

has anyone actually succeeded in doing this?? xx

2 Physical or 1 Physical + 1 Digital is possible, yes.

Yes you can, you just cant transfer things from one town to another. I had 2 catridges, 1 3ds at one point.

I have two physical copies on one 3DS, and everything works fine. ^^

yay!! thanks so much everybody ^^
i've got a friend who can transfer things for me so that shouldn't be a problem!! :3 thanks again! xx

I have a a problem
I have 3 physical copies lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

all on one 3ds too

lmao to be honest i wouldn't be surprised if that was me, too, soon enough :x
all your villagers are sooo cute though!!

I have 2 hard copies for my one 3DS. My boyfriend has also put his acnl in my 3DS with no issues. I've also put my games in his 3DS without anything corrupting.

99999999999 hard copies are possible I guess... Memory is saved on the actual card,so it should be safe :3
you can only have 1 digital copy though

Last edited:
Back