• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hardest Bugs/Fish to Catch?

The bees that attack you when you shake a tree.I still havn't mastered that one.

Yeah! I find bees harder to catch than tarantulas/scorpions. Well I haven't actually caught a scorpion yet but I assume they move the same way as tarantulas. I can never get the timing right for bees... and I'll also add that I hate catching anything that falls out of a tree too because I'll shake it and not have my net ready, then fumble for too long through my letters to find my net and then they're gone :< I also used to think tarantulas were really hard to get but the only hard thing about it is not noticing them at first. My town has too many flowers so they can be really sneaky.

For fish, coelacanth. I'm never playing when they spawn/when the weather is right. ALSO ANY DEEP SEA CREATURE because I suck at diving.

I don't remember anything giving me too much trouble in NL (except for the stuff you catch diving because diving is horrible and the fish seem to like to spawn right next to the buoy border), but the scorpion in City Folk made me wish I was never born. It also took me like, weeks to find an orchid mantis for some reason? And I once spent literally an entire day trying to find a coelacanth while it was raining. So many bad CF memories. lol

I've completely given up on catching the bee, scorpion and tarantula.

That's me, with the exception of the bee. I caught one on accident before even joining the forums, so I had no idea what I was doing. x)
Here's a tip: make sure the tree you're shaking has 3 free spaces (no flowers or clovers or stuff on the floor) on both sides and on front of it. Equip your net, shake the tree and when the beehive falls down, press a repetitively until you catch it. The character positions themselves automatically, so all you have to do is press A. Doing it several times helps you not missing the timing. :)

That's me, with the exception of the bee. I caught one on accident before even joining the forums, so I had no idea what I was doing. x)
Here's a tip: make sure the tree you're shaking has 3 free spaces (no flowers or clovers or stuff on the floor) on both sides and on front of it. Equip your net, shake the tree and when the beehive falls down, press a repetitively until you catch it. The character positions themselves automatically, so all you have to do is press A. Doing it several times helps you not missing the timing. :)
Thanks I'll try this out :blush:

Now that some people are saying fireflys, I agree with that. I had a hard time getting the perspective right, so usually missed. I think I have difficulty with flashing lights in real life, too, so that explains that.

It's been a while since I finished the encyclopedia, so...(thinking...). I recall the oarfish being very elusive. And as for diving, what's the name of the ugly white thing where the mayor says, "Blech!"? That was hard to find diving

Back