• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or insults. People seem to think, particularly on the internet, that insulting someone or being snarky and pretentious towards them will somehow make them superior, or something. It only ever leads to trouble. If someone comes into a debate and starts sneering at you condescendingly and throwing insults at you (especially those passive aggressive ones), does it honestly encourage you to believe the other person is right, or does it make you even more stubborn with your own points and more reluctant to admit any wrongs?

It always bugs me when people want to "debate" something, but they only ever start fights and pick at each other, getting nowhere in the end. I agree with you that debates should be to voice opinions and see new perspectives.

Yes and another awful matter is when someone writes "don't respond to me". Really? You're in a debate! Are you not expecting challenging opinions or are you afraid your perfect bubble is going to pop?

- - - Post Merge - - -

The whole pronoun thing is so silly. The way tumblr people react when their pronouns are mistaken is just idiotic I mean oh nooo he instead of she? The amazing difference of one ****ing letter! Let me ignore all else you said and just call you a swine because I have my priorities wrong c: Like I get it words can hurt but I feel like I could mass murder them with just a few words.
People on tumblr straight out hate straight people and it's just weird. I get it white straight people call you names on the street but hating every single one and not letting them sit with you isn't gonna help.

You can be racist against Asians or Black people but White people deserve to be harassed?
Also, "white privilege" irritates me as well. Just because a white person is successful doesn't mean they were privileged...
Also, "NAZI" can still be an offensive word so stop using it to compare people/races/etc.

Last edited:
So foggy and frosty outside :<

Also my Dad has to collect my mother's ashes today, sounds absolutely fun! /Sarcasm, it's going to suck so hard for him.

The whole pronoun thing is so silly. The way tumblr people react when their pronouns are mistaken is just idiotic I mean oh nooo he instead of she? The amazing difference of one ****ing letter! Let me ignore all else you said and just call you a swine because I have my priorities wrong c: Like I get it words can hurt but I feel like I could mass murder them with just a few words.
People on tumblr straight out hate straight people and it's just weird. I get it white straight people call you names on the street but hating every single one and not letting them sit with you isn't gonna help.

Ugh it's ridiculous how offended people get. And I've seen people on this site and on tumblr saying that society shouldn't even use gendered pronouns anymore, they should all be 'they'. Umm, no. I prefer to be called a 'she' thank you very much. Gender and sex is a big part of society, whether you like it or not. If you'd rather not be referred to by a gender, fine I'll respect that, but don't make everyone else conform to what you want.
I hate the term white privilege too

Yeah its not like every male who succeeds in life got it thanks to daddys connections or their skin color. Yet thats what its all reduced to in tumblrs eyes.

Also alot of the #whiteprivilege on tumblr is full of really dumb **** like " white people have the privilege of having an easy to pronounce name like Annabelle" Yeah because the parents have nooo say in picking the name & Nordic countries dont exist

I trimmed my own hair the night before last and totally f'ed it up. :\

I cried for an hour at least. :\ I know it's dumb.

ye black gangbangers shoot each other because #whiteprivilege

- - - Post Merge - - -

In the UK our police aren't allowed guns and they enforce the law just fine, and mistakes like this don't happen. We did have a police man kill a man a few years ago by pushing him over though. But everyone having guns just makes everything more dangerous

more dangerous for the bad guys yeah

Lol, yes this offensive thing is ridiculous. Oh lookie *insert offensive character* REMOVE IT!111

Or insults. People seem to think, particularly on the internet, that insulting someone or being snarky and pretentious towards them will somehow make them superior, or something. It only ever leads to trouble. If someone comes into a debate and starts sneering at you condescendingly and throwing insults at you (especially those passive aggressive ones), does it honestly encourage you to believe the other person is right, or does it make you even more stubborn with your own points and more reluctant to admit any wrongs?

It always bugs me when people want to "debate" something, but they only ever start fights and pick at each other, getting nowhere in the end. I agree with you that debates should be to voice opinions and see new perspectives.

Exactly! But in my opinion, at least, some of the mods appreciate that kind of humour. It's not very funny tbh but it's passed off as humour because if someone takes offence to it it's like "sorry for triggering you lol" and THAT's so irritating.

I've been staying up too late, so I went to bed a little earlier last night, like 10 or 11. Ended up reading until 2am, but hey, I was still going to get 7 or 8 hours of sleep. And I did. Now I feel like I've slept too much.

I cannot win.

Last edited:
school; and it's such a bother too! there are too many homework assignments, projects, and judge mental people. plus I take Spanish class so I had to memorize everything and pretty much present every day but I guess it's worth it :p

I just got back from a 3 day trip to visit my sister and when I got back it was super late so I thought nothing of it. You know I wake up and go down for breakfast.... My dad ate all the breakfast cereal except for icky coco krispys and Honey bunches of oats. Both of those make me sick and have been sitting in the cupboards for months. And eggs just don't sound good. THANKS DAD FOR EATING ALL THE GOOD FOOD AND LEAVING ME WITH STALE STUFF, MEANS A LOT THAT YOU DIDN'T GET ANYTHING ELSE FOR ANYONE ELSE.

My back is absolutely killing me, after an intense nine hour work shift involving mainly heavy lifting.

FN1 has been ignoring me.

At school recently he's been just not talking to me.

And he hasn't answered my PMs at all.

This might be just a FWP, but I'm really worried.

FN1 has been ignoring me.

At school recently he's been just not talking to me.

And he hasn't answered my PMs at all.

This might be just a FWP, but I'm really worried.

Yeah, that kinda bugs me. When I send a PM or VM, I expect a reply from the user. As for the school thing, it reminded me of a girl three years ago.

I wanted to keep in contact with this one girl since I left high school, but she doesn't want to reply to my texts. It's not that she's too busy, but it's because she doesn't want to text me. She's purposely ignoring me because she said that "I was texting her too much". I mean really?! I text another person 10 times as much and likes to get texts from me. I send like 5 texts a week to the aforementioned girl, and she still thinks I'm texting her too much. I thought it could be that she doesn't have unlimited texting, but no. She's paranoid about me being in love with her. I'm not in love with her.

Yeah, that kinda bugs me. When I send a PM or VM, I expect a reply from the user. As for the school thing, it reminded me of a girl three years ago.

I wanted to keep in contact with this one girl since I left high school, but she doesn't want to reply to my texts. It's not that she's too busy, but it's because she doesn't want to text me. She's purposely ignoring me because she said that "I was texting her too much". I mean really?! I text another person 10 times as much and likes to get texts from me. I send like 5 texts a week to the aforementioned girl, and she still thinks I'm texting her too much. I thought it could be that she doesn't have unlimited texting, but no. She's paranoid about me being in love with her. I'm not in love with her.

Well, he responded, luckily. So he's not ignoring me, that's a good thing.

But I know what you're talking about. One of my friends didn't talk to me the entire second half of 6th grade, almost as if he was too cool for me. Luckily, he accepted an invite for a sleepover around the end of last year. So we're all good now ;)

For my progress report, it says I have 6 F's and 1 A, we got a paper so we can choose which classes we want/can be in next year and I literally have no idea what to choose, I've been having stomach aches all day, and I have rehearsals tomorrow and I don't want to go since we have no school Thursday. Why would I want to stay after school when we have no school the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back