Time Traveling: Good or Bad?

I see nothing wrong with TT or for that matter hacking. The person bought the game with their own money. They should be able to enjoy it any way they want.

ZAR said:
I see nothing wrong with TT or for that matter hacking. The person bought the game with their own money. They should be able to enjoy it any way they want.
But that ruins the game for everyone. When a cheater goes online with their friends they have all these things because they cheated, and their friends now want to catch up to them until it's just a bunch of people cheating to get past one another. I think it's stupid and people shouldn't do it. Nintendo should have made some type of consequence for changing times.

Galen said:
ZAR said:
But that ruins the game for everyone. When a cheater goes online with their friends they have all these things because they cheated, and their friends now want to catch up to them until it's just a bunch of people cheating to get past one another. I think it's stupid and people shouldn't do it. Nintendo should have made some type of consequence for changing times.
If they were going to make a consequence for time traveling why would they even make it?? And in a way weeds are the consequence...

Lion Crossing said:
Galen said:
ZAR said:
If they were going to make a consequence for time traveling why would they even make it?? And in a way weeds are the consequence...
They need to add it so if you change time zones or daylight savings starts you can change it. They could've also let the game read the Wii's time and use it instead.

I say... TT when you are bored of the game and do not plan on playing it much anymore. It does kind of ruin it when you go to your friends town and it is Feburary 19th, 2013.

JOM said:
I say... TT when you are bored of the game and do not plan on playing it much anymore. It does kind of ruin it when you go to your friends town and it is Feburary 19th, 2013.
Funny :) I am against time traveling that is more than a year... However when I get Animal Crossing City Folk, I am going to start the game on Halloween. (When the guys asks you the date). Then once I am happy with all my treasures from that holiday I will time travel one day at a time to prevent a lot of weeds sprouting up around my village. While time traveling forward, I will check out Nooks' and stuff... :yes: :llama:

Not against it, because it's none of my business what people do with their games that they pay for. But I don't do it, because I want to experience the game more fully.

i time traveled ALOT in my early Animal Crossing Gamecube days and some in my Early WildWorld days and even tried to use a glitch to get millions which eventually deleted my wild world town and i had to start over but i learned my lesson

I remember whenever my brother got a hold of my ACWW while I was out for school. He time traveled all the way to the year 3000. It completely ruined my game and I had to start all over. Bottom line: Time Traveling is bad; don't do it.

That's how I ruined my original AC town. That, and leaving my crap all over my town. ...It was fun, but it made me feel bad.

I've sworn it off ever since.

It's fun to time-travel and screw over your game. That way, it's more like real life, and not some fake utopia where everything is shiny and clean.

I try to keep it as realistic as possible...

We all have to wait for the fishing tourneys, so don't feel bad! XD

I thing it's ruin the game specially when it's for bad reasons: to cheat. Sometime is more complicated but i'm against as well. Like you said in starting your topic one of the most important thing in animal crossing games is the real time.

Some people do that just sometimes for one holliday they miss because the game is not release before, like haloween for this one for example, i could understand that but i will not doing the same, i'd rather wait 1year and will have the surprise. But a lot of people are not patient and want to have all the rare furnitures.

Time Traveling is fun for about 1 day.

Playing AC without it is fun for a looooong time.

If you get everything you want so easily, its hardly fun at all.
Im against it of course.

Back