Time Traveling: Good or Bad?

Galen said:
Sporge27 said:
Galen said:
Sporge27 said:
but say I am busy on Halloween or Christmas, why not go back one day to catch the holiday?
Because it's not fair to yourself. The game rewards you with these events when you play the day they occur. If you miss an event, you miss an event, too bad. Even moving a couple of days ruins the fun and just doesn't seem fair.
Clearly you don't have that busy of a schedule then....

You could consider it a reward for being there but at the same time that can make it a punishment for not, and I for one do not want to sacrifice my Christmas eve with my family for a game. Especially this year, my Grandmother hasn't been doing so well this year. I don't want to feel like I missed something because I spent my holiday away from a tv screen. Animal crossing is a game and should never be allowed to affect other important things in your life.

I believe that is why they allow time traveling in the game.
Actually, I am very busy. But instead of cheating I choose to take an hour out of my day to come to one of these events.
Family is still greater than a game. Plus some events don't take place until Nighttime, when families are all getting together and things. It's not cheating either. Cheating is skipping several years for a larger amount of money in the bank.

i did time travel to pay off debt once, but then realized i was cheating myself of the experience of the game. and i havent since, not even for holidays, or kk songs

Tom said:
Galen said:
Sporge27 said:
Galen said:
Sporge27 said:
but say I am busy on Halloween or Christmas, why not go back one day to catch the holiday?
Because it's not fair to yourself. The game rewards you with these events when you play the day they occur. If you miss an event, you miss an event, too bad. Even moving a couple of days ruins the fun and just doesn't seem fair.

You could consider it a reward for being there but at the same time that can make it a punishment for not, and I for one do not want to sacrifice my Christmas eve with my family for a game. Especially this year, my Grandmother hasn't been doing so well this year. I don't want to feel like I missed something because I spent my holiday away from a tv screen. Animal crossing is a game and should never be allowed to affect other important things in your life.

Actually, I am very busy. But instead of cheating I choose to take an hour out of my day to come to one of these events.
Family is still greater than a game. Plus some events don't take place until Nighttime, when families are all getting together and things. It's not cheating either. Cheating is skipping several years for a larger amount of money in the bank.
Of course. Family is always more important, but even if you couldn't make one event on the game doesn't mean you should go back and do it. There are plenty of other events, so don't cheat yourself out of the experience ;)

Galen said:
Tom said:
Galen said:
Sporge27 said:
Galen said:
Quoting limited to 5 levels deep

Of course. Family is always more important, but even if you couldn't make one event on the game doesn't mean you should go back and do it. There are plenty of other events, so don't cheat yourself out of the experience ;)
Cheating myself out of the experience? I see nothing wrong with cheating myself out of something that'll be the same every year and will be. IT'll be the same mood and everything in my opinion, just a different date. If it's a day, I'll just fire up the Time Machine. If it's more than a day, I won't bother and continue playing until the next Holiday.

Galen said:
Tom said:
Galen said:
Sporge27 said:
Galen said:

But consider this-

The News Years Countdown, in Animal Crossing, is the same time as real life. Now, who would miss spending New Years with their family for a game? Without time traveling, you'd have to to see the celebration.

Same with Thanksgiving. I believe in the Gamecube game, the turkey would start appearing at 5? Right around when you sit down for dinner with the family. Once again, family or game?

Halloween; Jack appeared at night, when good little children are out candy-begging. Who would choose the game over real life?

Now, this can all be easily avoided, by adjusting the clock by a day, or even just a few hours. But like I said, a few weeks or months is a bit too far. And as for the whole "bank interest time travel" thing, I think that's a lazy man's way of making money. But, it's their choice.

JJH0369 said:
Galen said:
Tom said:
Galen said:
Sporge27 said:
But consider this-

The News Years Countdown, in Animal Crossing, is the same time as real life. Now, who would miss spending New Years with their family for a game? Without time traveling, you'd have to to see the celebration.

Same with Thanksgiving. I believe in the Gamecube game, the turkey would start appearing at 5? Right around when you sit down for dinner with the family. Once again, family or game?

Halloween; Jack appeared at night, when good little children are out candy-begging. Who would choose the game over real life?

Now, this can all be easily avoided, by adjusting the clock by a day, or even just a few hours. But like I said, a few weeks or months is a bit too far. And as for the whole "bank interest time travel" thing, I think that's a lazy man's way of making money. But, it's their choice.
Well if you can make any of these events, then change the clock maybe a few hours ealy and leave it that way.

I will only time-travel for events on the same days.

For example, after I go trick or treating on Halloween, I'll only time travel in-game if it's the same day in the real world. Which would only be a few hours. I wouldn't even go back a day.

It completely ruined the game for me back when I was really really into the GCN game. :< It was sad, and I haven't done it since.

I time traveled about 10 days a day if I played a lot in the original animal crossing, sometimes even going up to a month if I had nothing to do all day.

On Wild World, on the contrary, I never time travelled.

I'm thinking of time travelling in City Folk, only to go to events I might miss. I might even just time travel like I used to in the GC version, but I don't know.
It doesn't really ruin the game, it's the same fun you'll find, the game just won't last as long I guess.

Back