• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Time Traveling: Good or Bad?

MitchHanson

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Hey. I was thinking about how easy it is to time travel in animal crossing and I personally am against it. It ruins the fun of seeing everyday in the game like in real life and messes things up. I'm sorry but I think it's wrong and people shouldn't do it :gyroiddoh:

What is your opinion on it? Does it ruin the game for you?

I'm not against time travelling, although I do NOT time travel.

Personally I think it ruins the whole game experience for me.

Alice said:

I know, I understand doing it for video purposes, showing what events will be like and such, but doing it just to get certain items is stupid in my eyes -_-

Galen said:
Alice said:

I know, I understand doing it for video purposes, showing what events will be like and such, but doing it just to get certain items is stupid in my eyes -_-
Yeah. I never time travelled in ACWW, mostly because I heard a rumor about if you time travel turnips won't reach over 100 bells.

Is this true btw?

I prefer playing everything out, I believe time travelling is bad. I fyou miss an event you miss it, I take responsibility of events I missed.

The only time I've time traveled was when I missed K.K. one night, but I don't do it on a regular basis. That would spoil the game.

I do time travel, but I never travel more than a couple of days at a time. It's mainly just to check up on any events I may have missed.

Recently, though, I haven't time travelled at all, so I guess I'm off the hook!
:gyroidveryhappy: :D

I think time traveling is fine if it is because you missed something, but you can be abusive with it, that I don't do, but say I am busy on Halloween or Christmas, why not go back one day to catch the holiday?

Sporge27 said:
but say I am busy on Halloween or Christmas, why not go back one day to catch the holiday?
Because it's not fair to yourself. The game rewards you with these events when you play the day they occur. If you miss an event, you miss an event, too bad. Even moving a couple of days ruins the fun and just doesn't seem fair.

Galen said:
Sugar J said:
Having Halloween on Nov 1 doesnt feel the same....
Exactly! It's just not the same, and fills you with regret.
Not really. I see nothing wrong with Time Traveling back at least a day. Other than that, I'll just shrug and move on, hoping for better luck next year. I don't Time Travel often, only if I miss the little things I deem important.

Galen said:
Sporge27 said:
but say I am busy on Halloween or Christmas, why not go back one day to catch the holiday?
Because it's not fair to yourself. The game rewards you with these events when you play the day they occur. If you miss an event, you miss an event, too bad. Even moving a couple of days ruins the fun and just doesn't seem fair.
Clearly you don't have that busy of a schedule then....

You could consider it a reward for being there but at the same time that can make it a punishment for not, and I for one do not want to sacrifice my Christmas eve with my family for a game. Especially this year, my Grandmother hasn't been doing so well this year. I don't want to feel like I missed something because I spent my holiday away from a tv screen. Animal crossing is a game and should never be allowed to affect other important things in your life.

I believe that is why they allow time traveling in the game.

I time-traveling in Animal Crossing Wild World was hard not to resist because certain characters weren't there all the time. I have to say I went Gracie-Hunting a couple of times. :) I might go back-in-time when I get Animal Crossing City Folk, though. I want to go back and see Halloween... =D They should have released the game before Halloween.

Sporge27 said:
Galen said:
Sporge27 said:
Clearly you don't have that busy of a schedule then....

You could consider it a reward for being there but at the same time that can make it a punishment for not, and I for one do not want to sacrifice my Christmas eve with my family for a game. Especially this year, my Grandmother hasn't been doing so well this year. I don't want to feel like I missed something because I spent my holiday away from a tv screen. Animal crossing is a game and should never be allowed to affect other important things in your life.

I believe that is why they allow time traveling in the game.
Actually, I am very busy. But instead of cheating I choose to take an hour out of my day to come to one of these events.

Meh, I see nothing against it, but I don't do it. (Often)

Like Sporge said, you should never put Animal Crossing before real life. Considering most holidays happen in-game the same time as they're celebrated in real life, I tend to wait until the day after a holiday and go back a day. Other than that, I don't time travel.

One thing I don't like is when people skip large amounts of time to get to something before they're supposed to. I think quite a few people who get City Folk will travel back to Halloween, which I'm against. Even though it's only really going back two weeks, I consider that skipping an entire year, since that's how long you're supposed to wait.

But a day or two for a missed holiday isn't a big deal in my eyes.

Well what I think is worse than traveling back a day is traveling forward, now that just ruins everything. You have to wait like the rest of us :p

Back