• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia Mini Mini Mafia - Battle in Purgatory [Cancelled]

With my (moderate) experience of Epic Mafia, I think I'll understand what will happen in this game.

Night 0 is literally a guessing game, but the outcome of the actions tonight will have a huge impact for Town and Mafia if they roll the dice right. If the Cop inspects Mafia tonight, it's best to give out that information on Day 1 because there's a Doctor who'll likely protect you the following night - and that'll give Town a huge advantage with one potential Mafia down. That is assuming that the Blues don't die on Night 0, or if the Doctor protects the right person. There is one thing we should all watch out for though: counterclaims. We (Town and Mafia) all know the number of roles & the roles themselves. A counterclaim is basically Mafia pretending to be the Cop, giving out their "rolecheck" for a certain day. A fakecop's rolechecked-victim is usually Town-aligned though, which makes it harder for town to analyze which among the two is the real cop.

What do you guys think the Cop should do if they rolecheck an innocent? Should they out it when the rolechecked person is in trouble, or out it as soon as possible?
I think that post above will be resourceful enough for some of the new players to get a grasp on how this game will be like.

Also, can anyone answer the questions in the last paragraph above? Last time it was mostly answered by scum, so it'll be better if more people answer this hopefully without anymore scum interference.

Another thing I'd like to see answered is this: Can the Doctor protect twice in a row? Once that is answered by OP with approval, I'm fine and encourage the DT to out his Town-returned rolechecks on Day 1. Counterclaims are issues though, and its quite possible that it'll happen because of the amount of strong players in the game that could roll in Mafia.

The big issue last game was that our DT didn't really reveal their role checks efficiently. We were kind of running around in circles trying to see who was who (even the DT was acting scummy haha). I think it would be advantageous to have them reveal it day 1 so they can be protected?

I think it would be advantageous to have them reveal it day 1 so they can be protected?

If a Blue doesn't die tonight, then I'd agree with that statement; though it is possible for one of them to die, which would already bring us to the losing end unless we successfully lynch scum Day 1.

• If the Doctor dies

...and if the Cop inspects scum: then I think the Cop should just make a case instead of outing their role. Being the Cop shouldn't be a suicide mission in my opinion, so take every precaution until you catch the last scum.

....and if the Cop inspects town: just stay hidden and defend the person that you inspected if they are getting lynched. No need to out yourself unnecessarily.

• If the Cop dies

Then we're officially dead. nah jk. But we really just have to rely on analysis, which is why I'd like more people to discuss more in the thread. The Doctor will just have to protect the most sensible and talkative person in the thread, etc.

• If neither of the Blue roles die

Then the DT is free to claim his rolecheck because of the presence of the Doctor, as having two confirmed innocents is great for us. However this is where counterclaims may be encountered, and honestly analysis is the only thing we can do to tell which is the real Cop.

counter.gif

Famine tried to consume a soul but failed.

You have 24 hours to choose someone to lynch. Votes will be performed in this thread. Day will end early if all votes are in.

Wow good job doc!

Okay guys let's get this started. I say the cop shouldn't out unless guilty? But we always have the doc to save; so idk.

With that being said I think it's safe for the doc to contact whoever he / she protected since the person who was targeted is essentially confirmed clear.

Karen, there are no PMs of any sort in this game unfortunately. We have to discuss everything in this thread and only in this thread. The Doctor shouldn't claim in this thread obviously.

Also, from reading the OP I think only the doctor and scum know who got hit? There are no PM notifications in this game whether you get protected or not.

Okay hopefully we can actually get some discussion up for day 2 because we still have nothing to go off of. Both Ashtot and Makkine haven't really said much, which makes me a little bit suspicious. Farobi seems to be at least TRYING to help out town. I want everyone that is town to know (because obv the mafia know it already) I was shot at and protected last night. I think it's because I was clearly trying to be the most talkative in the thread, so I'm looking more at inactive people that will try to fly under the radar.

Wow good job doc!

Okay guys let's get this started. I say the cop shouldn't out unless guilty? But we always have the doc to save; so idk.

With that being said I think it's safe for the doc to contact whoever he / she protected since the person who was targeted is essentially confirmed clear.

I agree with this, cops should only defend those that are being put up for lynch if they know they're innocent.

The doctor cannot contact the person unless they do it in the thread because this is a no PM game. That's what makes this so difficult.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Karen, there are no PMs of any sort in this game unfortunately. We have to discuss everything in this thread and only in this thread. The Doctor shouldn't claim in this thread obviously.

Also, from reading the OP I think only the doctor and scum know who got hit? There are no PM notifications in this game whether you get protected or not.

You are told in a PM by the host if you are protected.

I am the doctor. Detective should out who they are now along with any inspection.

Minties and I are confirmed. We can do a mislynch.

oh my gosh I completely forgot about that...okay then, so do it on the thread

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do you guys think everyone should roleclaim now? I'm gonna go ahead and say I'm the vanilla townie.

Ashtot and Makkine have literally nothing to go off of, which is really detrimental for us because we can't analyze their posts as much. Ashtot can be serious in one game and treat another like a joke - so not sure what to think about him. Makkine as a town player is usually inactive, but that can also be the perfect disguise for her if she is scum. It'll be nice to hear from you guys though, as well as Beary509. There isn't really many things to discuss about in Day 1, but thankfully since scum didn't kill any of us we aren't in a MYLO today - and the Detective can possibly clear innocents / catch scum tonight if they live tonight.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ninja'd sorta. haha.

But Vanilla Townie is what I am.

I want to see Beary, Ashtot and Makkine post SOMETHING today or I'd consider them for lynch? I mean we didn't lose any town members last night, so it wouldn't be entirely detrimental if we mislynched. SP claiming Doc could have been a bad idea for us though because he'll more than likely be killed tonight.

Unfortunately, I think SP had no choice but to roleclaim in order for us to have clears on Minties & himself. It's safe to assume he will be killed tonight; but that does buy our DT another day to inspect someone else. The DT needs to speak up so 1) SP can protect tonight, 2) we can hopefully get a mafia or another clear.

So I believe It's safe to assume that Minties and Superpenguin are clear because there haven't been any counterclaims, and I'm a Vanilla Townie.

Minties - Vanilla Townie?
Ashtot - Vanilla Townie
Farobi - Vanilla Townie
Superpenguin - Doctor
Makkine -
LittleBeary -
Karen - Vanilla Townie

I haz role
I hate my role

This is what LittleBeary said before the game even began which is probably hinting at a Vanilla Townie role.

Makkine hasn't really said anything so we can't be sure.

Honestly right now, I'm most suspicious of Farobi. He seems to be trying really hard to appear pro-town, which would normally be fine, except he isn't normally this active in a game and doesn't tend to post in the same way, but I'm not sure what the rest of you think.

To be honest I think beary might be scum - remember what happened last time she was scum? Yeah. I don't think she minds being Townie, and she's probably scared she'll mess up as mafia again.

I have suspicions on beary but I want to 1) hear from Makkine and 2) hear other opinions. @Ashtot I sort of agree with you but I haven't played in a mafia game with Farobi much (or maybe I have? He wasn't mafia though) so I don't know what to look for. He does seem VERY pro town though but I don't know if that's in line with his usual behavior.

Hello, hello, sorry if I haven't been posting lately. School, and science projects coming up and whatnot.
--
The doctor, either can protect himself or the DT. As Karen // Farobi said, the DT could have a chance to hit scum. So I think that would be a good setup..?

I'd also like to hear something from Beary {As Minties said; some inactives could go under the radar}. As in AC mafia her posts weren't very contributing at the start. {Correct me if I'm wrong about this mafia game}

Can the Detective please step forward. I am going to protect you next night anyway. Detective is way more important than the Doctor. We need to get the Detective to look at the Townies and thne random lynch one of them today.

So current claims:

SP - doc - clear
Minties - townie - clear
Karen - townie
Makkine - townie
Ashtot - townie
Farobi - townie
Beary - ?

Beary is probably DT then...?

Back