Your newbie mistakes when you started ACNL

- Picking the bell boom instead of beautiful town when I had a town full of hybrids
- Eating my perfect orange
- Thinking the perfect orange was a good fruit
- Horrid PWP's and hybrid placement
- Ugly house themes
- Let villagers plot where they wanted

i once started over my town because i didn't know how to remove patterns from my town and i hadn't saved yet.

I didn't know you could choose your face, and also didn't know about the importance of the map layout and buildings placements. I also regret placing my house in the spot I did. I want to reset but it's been a year since I started playing and I've done almost everything and love almost all of my neighbors x.x

i put paths everywhere (not a empty square in town)

now i know how to properly place paths.

When I first got the game I placed pwps willy-nilly all over the place without even thinking about layout. I ended up restarting my town after I got serious about having an orderly town. I lost so many precious villagers when I did it ;_;

In my old town (which was on a library copy, R.I.P. Marshal, I'll get you back someday!!) I made the stupid mistake of planting my only perfect cherry right next to the river. Of course, the tree died, and for the month that I had the game I never found another one. Compare that to my new town; I found three perfect oranges in the span of one week. :rolleyes:

One of the newbie mistakes I made in past ACNL games was thinking that I could plant trees next to eachother haha. I learned the hard way when I wasted a lot of trees and time trying to plant them next to eachother. Another newbie mistake i made this time on ACNL, was thinking that I could adopt more than one villager on the same day.

Eating my very first perfect peach. It took me forever to find another and planting it. That, and placing permanent PWPs in awful spots. I still really don't like where I placed my campsite.

I also used to have a really bad habit of using up all of my Bells for things I don't need. I still have that problem, but it's now nowhere near as bad as it used to be. lol

In the original animal crossing I would sell all my fossils, fish, bugs and stuff instead of giving them to the museum. I also use to just throw every piece of furniture I got into my house, no hint of genuine decorating anywhere lol. I also named my town "vg" (video game) because I didn't know what to call it at the time I had to name it. I thought I could just change it later, which is kind of dumb thinking back on it. But I was ten at the time, so...lol.

Last edited:
Omg it's awful. I didn't stack fruit, I sold my perfect fruit, I only hit the money like three times. The list goes on and it's pretty cringey. I really wish I did my research before selling the fruit though. That was a pain to get back

I got addicted to ACCF for the longest time by accidently picking it up at a movie store and renting it. I went a whole year without going to the city, for I didn't know that was even an OPTION. 10 year old me didn't read the game very carefully apparently. So after booting up my wii a year forward my hair was a mess and I was sad and confused because I didn't know about the shampoodles until one of my residents rudely pointed out I needed my hair done. Needless to say I was frustrated I didn't know about emotes, graciegrace, kicks, etc. Until my dumbass realizes I could use the bus stop.

I initially thought you could only have 60 items in your storage. They're supposed to be divided into A, B, C, right? I kept storing my stuff in A that I ignored B and C because I thought they were just the same as A albeit with color change in the background lol I meant what you put in A also reflects in the other. I only found out that they were different 2 years after when I started making a second town and checked the additional secret storage XD

Eating my perfect fruit, I had never played a game like ACNL so I figured like in most games that it was supposed to be eaten for a special effect or something. XD Took a while for another one to grow.

I sold all of the bugs, fish and fossils I found. Now I've desperately been trying to build my museum, which is empty T_T

Let villagers move wherever they wanted to.

Take pictures a ton... makes me want to die from cringe. XD

I took so many pictures too!
Now I have to transfer them to my computer and delete them on the 3ds! DX

My newbie mistake?
Well, it all started in my first town in AC:NL...
I was wandering around town, talking to residents, selling fruit, when I saw my first perfect pear. Being the noob I was, I thought it was a bad fruit, so, instead of planting it, I sold it so I wouldn't have to deal with it. However, I later discovered that it would sell for more, so I got a bit sad, thinking that I might never see another one again. But I did, so I was really happy.

My first town layout! I went for the first map not realising people can spend ages choosing the perfect one by just restarting their ds

i didn't realize you could choose your eyes ;.; i later restarted that town lilac, and lost EVERYTHING my perfect town rating, my crown, my 1 mil bells, my huge house, everything, just because i didn't like my eyes. i still regret it ;.;

Back