Tasty Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Ancient Lantern
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Cherry (Fruit)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Oh boy. This will sound very stupid. Here goes.

So, I noticed, during the Easter event that in that place where it tells you how many TBT bells you earned, it also says... How many you've spent? But. It says you spend them... Posting? And I noticed that the post that deducted TBT was in the Basement.

Uh, can anyone clear this up for me? I don't know if I'm seeing things, or if it's a thing that happens, or what because I'm so lost right now. Do you lose TBT for posting in certain areas?

(I'VE BEEN HERE FOREVER AND I DON'T KNOW THIS I'M SORRY)

I came thinking I would know the answer, but I've noticed this too and I really don't know. :O

I don't know, I think it deducts when you edit a post? This happened to me just now... I hit the post button once, but then my computer lagged a bunch and somehow double posted... I earned 3 bells for the first post, and 2 for the second. (This is going off my transaction log.) I then edited the post to remove the double-post, and all 5 bells were deducted! :(

Checking...

Last edited:
I came thinking I would know the answer, but I've noticed this too and I really don't know. :O

I am now even more intrigued. I noticed when I posted something in the basement my count went down by one... But the next time I posted it was back up? But that was probably because I posted elsewhere. Hmm.

I don't know, I think it deducts when you edit a post? This happened to me just now... I hit the post button once, but then my computer lagged a bunch and somehow double posted... I earned 3 bells for the first post, and 2 for the second. (This is going off my transaction log.) I then edited the post to remove the double-post, and all 5 bells were deducted! :(

Whoa! I hadn't even edited those posts though! And it said weird things, like 2.4 bells deducted aND I WAS LIKE???? 2.4??? THAT'S A REALLY WEIRD NUMBER

I just checked, editing a post does indeed get rid of your bells.

I just checked, editing a post does indeed get rid of your bells.

Holy smokes. Is... Is there a reason? Now I'm even more curious gksjdhg
How about posting in the Basement/Brewster's?

If you check your transactions, there is a cross through your "spent" bells. I think that means you have re-gained them.

If you check your transactions, there is a cross through your "spent" bells. I think that means you have re-gained them.

OH IS THAT WHAT THE CROSS MEANS? oh my god I was staring at it like "what does this MEAN" oooh my gosh lol I feel so dumb

OH IS THAT WHAT THE CROSS MEANS? oh my god I was staring at it like "what does this MEAN" oooh my gosh lol I feel so dumb

ME TOO! Oh, man, I always just thought the strikethrough stood to indicate a negative transaction...

ME TOO! Oh, man, I always just thought the strikethrough stood to indicate a negative transaction...

literally same tho
I probably shouldn't think too hard about this. The mechanics are beyond me omg

When you edit a post, it removes the bells you originally got from it, and gives you bells for your new version of it.

When you edit a post, it removes the bells you originally got from it, and gives you bells for your new version of it.

Ahh, thank you so much for clearing this up! u//w//u Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough and it was just my edited posts. Thank you again <3

Do you earn bells from Brewster's cafe? Or is it just the basement?

I had it happen to me for posts that I didn't edit. Mine looked like this, a line saying what I've earned. Another line saying what I've earned, then a line saying that amount was taken out. So I assumed for some reason it was paying twice for some posts and then auto-correcting to remove one payment. I could be wrong, but that's how it looked several times.

Back