• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what's you hair like?

I haven't cut my hair in awhile. It looks nice, but the back is really bushy. Overall, I like it.

I've learned to deal with it over the years. My hair is meant to be slicked back, swept to the sides or spiked, but I quit using gel or moose in middle school. People apparently couldn't prevent themselves from touching my hair back then and it seriously hurt when it was gelled. NEVER AGAIN.

My hair sucks. It's really wavy but it doesn't look nice so I have to straighten it every day. That causes the ends to be really split and dry. I shampoo my hair twice, condition it for sixty seconds then I deep condition it for three minutes.

It's naturally curly, but i like to wear it slicked back with pomade.
After an hour or so it gives it a nice wave.

Last edited:
dark brown to the point it looks black, think and wavy. it falls a few inches below my shoulders and my bangs are in dire need of trimming but i cbf to trim them yet.

I have brown hair with golden/blonde ends. I've been trying to grow my hair out for as long as I can remember and it's only just past my shoulders now (never been to a salon as I just get my mum or someone to trim my ends every now and then). My hair is usually wavy/curly on the ends which I grew to dislike and started straightening it. But due to the damage that does on your hair I ended up getting it permanently straightened overseas and now it randomly jumps from being curly one day to straight the next.

if anyone has hair-growing tips, please share them!! im trying to grow my hair out the natural and healthy way !
things i do already:
eat healthy
shampoo my hair every other day but condition every night
leave the conditioner in for the whole shower and wash it out at the end
massage my scalp
air dry and COMB (i also havnt put heat on it for 2 months now~!!)

i am a former model and my hair is pure perfection so pls listen to me.

- shampoo your hair every 24 hours (not every day, every 24 hours, I always wash mine between 10am-12pm), and when you shampoo, shampoo it twice. First you use a small amount and rub it into your hair, then wash it out once its rubbed in. THEN you add even less, and rub it into your head, and leave it there for a few minutes. I usually wash the rest of my body whilst I am waiting with shampoo in my hair. Then when you have finished washing your body, turn off the hot water so you are having a cold shower, and wash the shampoo out with cold water. It's better for your hair and also stops you having 5 hour long showers.
- once done with the shower, towel dry your hair as best you can. Literally spend like 5 minutes drying it to the best of your ability. Even get several towels and change towels once one gets wet if you have to.
- once your hair is nice and dry, use a spray conditioner. These are a lot better than other conditioners imo, and you can get ones with keratin (which is what your hair is made out of), which really helps with your hair. some people say only to condition the top half of your hair and then comb it through, but imo i dont see any difference between doing the top of your hair, and all of your hair, its purely for economical purposes.
- once the conditioner is in, leave it there for a few minutes. I usually do my eyebrows, apply make up, text friends, or find a pair of socks whilst I am waiting for it to soak in. once its been a few minutes (i usually give it 2-3 minutes), feel free to brush your hair and you are done.
- once your done make sure to brush your hair every hour or so. it doesn't really need to be every hour, but as long as you brush your hair several times a day, you should be fine.

tips
- do not blow dry/straighten your hair unless you absolutely have to. i only very rarely straighten mine, and thats only if im going out and i want to look nice, and i only ever blow dry if i am going out and i dont have enough time to wait around for my hair to dry, but usually it dries really quick because a) I towel dried it really well before, and b) hot australian sun bless <3
- get a shampoo that fits your hair type, no, not ones you buy at your local store, go to your local saloon and ask what shampoo best suits your hair, and use that. if you find that you're not happy with it, go back and tell them and say you want to try something else; usually they have several different shampoos for each type of hair, so you can probably find something you're happy with.
- dont use hairspray/gel on your hair, it ruins it. Much easier just to style your hair whilst its wet, and when it dries, more than likely it'll stay in that position.
- trim your hair regularly. you dont need to get it cut, but at least have it trimmed once a week. Of course, it's best to do this once your hair is as your desirable length, it really stops it growing longer. If you find it too expensive to have your hair trimmed each week, you can do it yourself. I've done it several times, it does take a while, but once you know how to do it, it's really easy. Or you can do what I do now, which is get a friend to trim it for me. If you can't do any of that, you can go to schools that do beauty courses, more than likely theyre looking for hair models, and will gladly give you a free trim for your time.
- if your hair is feeling super dirty/oily and you literally can not stand it anymore and you just want to go wash it but it hasn't been 24 hours yet; either tie your hair up, add baby powder to your hair, or go to sleep until the time to wash it has come.
- try not to mess up your hair each day, this is why its good to brush it every so often. Also try your best not to touch it whilst its wet.

ok that is all i can think of right now but if i think of anything else i will add to this

Long, black straight hair.
It's around my waist kind of long.

I would also recommend trimming your hair an inch every few months (even if your trying to grow your hair out long) because you wouldn't want to have long hair with really dry hair and split ends.

I can't describe things so here's what it looks like (In the light and dark)

qM9SxEt.png

eOVFNyl.png

My real hair colour is black or really dark brown.

I have light brown wavy hair that reaches down to the small of my back. The individual strands of hair are fine, but I have a lot of it. I haven't gotten it cut in a while either so the ends look pretty gross. I used to wash and condition it every 1-2 days, but since switching to every 2-3 days it's gotten a lot softer and wavier. I also use a leave in conditioner. I never blow dry my hair unless I have to, and I never straighten it. I think it looks bad anyway when it's straightened, and blow drying it does a better job of keeping it straight if I really need to.

So I don't really put a whole lot of work into my hair, just wash and condition and brush it, but I always get told that I have really healthy hair when I get it cut so I guess I'm doing something right.

Mine is dark brown and straight, but it gets a little wavy when it's long. I've been keeping it pretty short for about a year now, but I've decided to grow it out again, so it's getting longer.

Black, straight and short.
My friends tell me that I have Animal Crossing hair, the one with the low ponytail.

i have really typical east-asian hair: straight, thick, shiny, grows fast.

My hair is natural brown-black (not black but often mistaken as since it's a really dark brown), long and past my shoulders. It's fairly straight when it's long (save for a few waves at the ends), but when it's above my shoulders the ends always flick to one side (the same side too -.-). I have straight cut bangs and fair/thin hair, so if I layer it it looks really dry and splayed everywhere ;n;
I wash my hair every other night, and always air dry (although it does look better and healthier if I blowdry).
In May last year I chemically straightened my hair and it made it look a lot sleeker and shiner- and HEALTHIER even though I was actually damaging it @_@. This was my first time ever doing anything to my hair other than people curling/straightening it a few times before (I don't own a curling iron or a straightener).

I really want to try dyeing my hair dark red or a reddish-purple wine colour D:<

I have very smooth silky hair, color brownie, that's wavy at the end. (like it curls)
The shorter my hair is, the curlier it gets, so I let it long, and my hair is about up to my breasts. I usually let it down, or in a braid. I tie it in a ponytail when I do sporty stuff. I'd love to get a nice fringe, but it just curls toooo much and I'm too lazy to straighten it every morning. So it's a no for me. (although there's this new clip hair fringe, I'm prob' going to buy it 'cos it's actually my hair color!)

But yeah:

* don't wash everyday your hair except if it is oily/greasy. I'd advise to wash it once every two day, and on the other day, use dry shampoo. It's nice, clean, I use Baptiste's dark and brunette dry shampoo. Quite nice, but the others are also very refreshing!

* Use a shampoo & conditioner that is for your hair type. Asian hair and African black hair is NOT the same. Asian people have very thick hair whilst African black have very thin hair. Wavy and straight hair are also different, as well as short and long hair.

I have very smooth silky hair, color brownie, that's wavy at the end. (like it curls)
The shorter my hair is, the curlier it gets, so I let it long, and my hair is about up to my breasts. I usually let it down, or in a braid. I tie it in a ponytail when I do sporty stuff. I'd love to get a nice fringe, but it just curls toooo much and I'm too lazy to straighten it every morning. So it's a no for me. (although there's this new clip hair fringe, I'm prob' going to buy it 'cos it's actually my hair color!)

But yeah:

* don't wash everyday your hair except if it is oily/greasy. I'd advise to wash it once every two day, and on the other day, use dry shampoo. It's nice, clean, I use Baptiste's dark and brunette dry shampoo. Quite nice, but the others are also very refreshing!

* Use a shampoo & conditioner that is for your hair type. Asian hair and African black hair is NOT the same. Asian people have very thick hair whilst African black have very thin hair. Wavy and straight hair are also different, as well as short and long hair.

Don't you mean that the other way around? Haha.

My hair is jet black. My friends used to call me Afro-head because of my hair last time, but my recent haircut changed the way my hair looked. When I was a baby, my hair was curly and large like an afro. After I had my first cut, my hair kinda straightened, and it has been for a long time. But now my curliness is growing back, and I have this sort of Andrew Garfield hairstyle. Heh.

Last edited:
Back