• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

what's you hair like?

Bells
i thought it would be interesting to talk about hair; i just got really curious all of the sudden to hear about yours :blush:

mine is down to about half an inch past my shoulders!! its a caramel-brown color with blondish-gold highlights that come out in the summer! it also is really thin and grows around/just above half an inch a month.

tell me about yours!​

if anyone has hair-growing tips, please share them!! im trying to grow my hair out the natural and healthy way !
things i do already:
eat healthy
shampoo my hair every other day but condition every night
leave the conditioner in for the whole shower and wash it out at the end
massage my scalp
air dry and COMB (i also havnt put heat on it for 2 months now~!!)

things i need to work on:
more sleep
more water as opposed to tea and coffee haha
not putting my hair in tight buns on the top of my head oops

Last edited:
Afrooo!!
But to tame the tiger ive put my hair in marley braids o.o
mainly because my hair dosent grow ;_;

Plait-in extensions that need re-doing. Jet black with Copper Brown highlights.... If I can even call them highlights, it's about half of my hair XD Box braids a good 18 inches and tightly curled. It looked much better when I first had it done, but time for a change :)

My hair is blonde, and at the moment a couple of inches below my shoulders. I really want to go a really light dusty lavender colour but I don't know if I can be bothered with the effort.

It grows about an inch a month. It grows really fast (seriously if you want your hair to grow just drink loads of water/eat well and take A-Z vitamins, works like a charm)

Last edited:
My hair is blonde, and at the moment a couple of inches below my shoulders. I really want to go a really light dusty lavender colour but I don't know if I can be bothered with the effort.

It grows about an inch a month. It grows really fast (seriously if you want your hair to grow just drink loads of water/eat well and take A-Z vitamins, works like a charm)

ah wow! 1 inch a month, thats impressive !
my main goal is to grow my hair out and i already eat healthy. i just need to work on drinking more water, not tea and coffee haha.

My hair is LONG and brunette brown but the ends of my hair are a much darker brown, almost black. The under layers of my hair are brown but just the top layer of the ends fade to that dark brown. My hair is usually straightened, and it has like the side bangs thing going on (even though no part of my hair is short, I just fake the bangs) My hair goes down to almost my butt.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My hair grows extremely fast, also. I took like 4 inches off back in February and 2 inches has grown back already.

My hair grows super fast and, at the moment, it's down past my belly button. People always go on about how much they want my hair because it's long and in good condition, so it gets old after a while.

I've heard of several tips to grow your hair out long so I'll share a few:

- Don't wash your hair too often! ~ you've probably heard this one before, but it's because it strips your hair of it's natural oils which help it to grow and keep healthy. I wash my hair every other night (with a few exceptions every now and then) because otherwise I feel like it gets greasy and ew. But that's the minimum really, which is fine.

- Eat healthily! Vegetables, beans ect have lots of nutrients which will help your hair and nails to grow out. Eating foods rich in vitamins, protein, zinc and iron are very good for hair growth.

- Have your hair trimmed only every now and then to keep out the split ends, so it can continue to grow healthily. This also keeps your hair strong enough to keep growing.

- Curly hair grows more slowly than straight ish hair, but I also heard that straightening it can still make it take longer to grow out.

- Avoid putting heat on it too often ~ this one is quite obvious since it damages your hair.

- Drink lots of water!

- Get plenty of sleep!

- Also, maybe once a week or something, leave your hair covered in conditioner (deep conditioning treatment) for a while before washing it off. It will contribute to your hair's natural oils and will help to keep it healthy. (Obviously make sure to use shampoo so it doesn't stay greasy). I wouldn't do this more than once per week though, if I were you.

- Massage your head ~ I don't know whether this works since I haven't tried it myself. You could give it a shot though.

These are just a few that I can think of right now. I might add to it if I remember anything else. :)

Last edited:
I have ginger straight hair. It's turning dark blonde tho, which I hate cos I wanna have a white streak like in frozen

I have ginger straight hair. It's turning dark blonde tho, which I hate cos I wanna have a white streak like in frozen
It might be due to the sun or something, I have a lot of friends whose hair colour changes dramatically from spending too much time in the sun ^_^

My hair grows super fast and, at the moment, it's down past my belly button. People always go on about how much they want my hair because it's long and in good condition, so it gets old after a while.

I've heard of several tips to grow your hair out long so I'll share a few:

- Don't wash your hair too often! ~ you've probably heard this one before, but it's because it strips your hair of it's natural oils which help it to grow and keep healthy. I wash my hair every other night (with a few exceptions every now and then) because otherwise I feel like it gets greasy and ew. But that's the minimum really, which is fine.

- Eat healthily! Vegetables, beans ect have lots of nutrients which will help your hair and nails to grow out. Eating foods rich in vitamins, protein, zinc and iron are very good for hair growth.

- Have your hair trimmed only every now and then to keep out the split ends, so it can continue to grow healthily. This also keeps your hair strong enough to keep growing.

- Curly hair grows more slowly than straight ish hair, but I also heard that straightening it can still make it take longer to grow out.

- Avoid putting heat on it too often ~ this one is quite obvious since it damages your hair.

- Drink lots of water!

- Get plenty of sleep!

- Also, maybe once a week or something, leave your hair covered in conditioner (deep conditioning treatment) for a while before washing it off. It will contribute to your hair's natural oils and will help to keep it healthy. (Obviously make sure to use shampoo so it doesn't stay greasy). I wouldn't do this more than once per week though, if I were you.

- Massage your head ~ I don't know whether this works since I haven't tried it myself. You could give it a shot though.

These are just a few that I can think of right now. I might add to it if I remember anything else. :)

Ooh thats what I do when my fro is natural :3

My hair is one of the few things I actually like about my appearance xDD
It's pretty long, and REAAAALLLY thick.
It's dirty blonde, but people say it looks golden in the sun.
Here's a pic of it, since I didn't do very good at explaining the way it looks xD:
jpk5y8_th.jpg

Also, I hear that brushing your hair often can help it grow longer. c:

Natural ash-brown straight hair.
Pre odd for me being Asian IMO, but w/e.

It might be due to the sun or something, I have a lot of friends whose hair colour changes dramatically from spending too much time in the sun ^_^

I know. Whenever sun comes out (which is rare in uk :p) I am outside. I might dye my hair to its original state when I'm older, and then have dat streak

thick and wavy. gets fatty extremely easy so i have to wash it often. I might cut it off due to it's length and thin it out someday though.

I NEED to see your afro!!! :L I mean seriously... I only found out about it the other day too. Post a selfie?

I would but my hair is in marley twists atm ;_; I'll send you a pm when I take them out xD

Curly, SUPER SUPER SUPER FRIZZY, brown hair XD
It's almost like an Afro if i wear it down so i usually tie it into a puffy ponytail ( ^ω^ )
My hair is maybe 5 inches from my shoulders? Is "it comes down to my boobs" an accurate measurement XD ?
I've never dyed my hair except i have a friend who dyes hers almost every week. I think she should become a hair dresser bcause it never gets tangled XD

Back