• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Scorpions and Tarantulas are Scary!

Hulaette

The Magical Mermaid
Bells
Blue Candy
Jack
Orange (Fruit)
The first time I seen them was in ACCF. I stood there and was like umm...what the hell?

I read you.

The first time I saw one was in ACCF and it stung my daughter who had her character out playing. One minute she is getting out of her house and the next thing I see is this black thing moving fast and stinging her leading to passing out. She was so panicked (in real life) and when she got up in front of her house she breathed in heavily saying she thought her character had died and the game would end. The expression on her face was priceless!

This may seem cruel but my son, his friends and I were on the floor laughing so much. We still can't help but talk about it up to now - years later. NB: I never managed to catch any of them in ACCF but have caught several in ACNL.

I caught like a billion in CF and have yet to play while they're in season in NL. theyre just sort of annoying to me, not scary

There was a time when I was hunting tarantulas in cf and I was near the beach when I saw one. I started sneaking toward it... Then it jumped into the water.

i never went out at night for a reason but in my defense it was like 8 yrs ago
i am scared of bugs/spiders in rl too so even if NL i don't see as many tarantulas or spiders, i will freak out when i see one.

They're more surprising to me than anything, although they are a little scary if you're caught off guard by one.

I tried catching a tarantula in ACNL but it scared me so much i hit my net on the ground a little too soon and it jumped and stung me. :(

YES THEY ARE SO SCARY!!! The hissing sound and the scuttling sound ahhh so scary

In CF I was running around my town to deliver a gift to one of my villagers and out of nowhere this tarantula started chasing me and I got startled and screamed :/
But the first time I saw it I didn't expect it to be hostile. I hate it when you swing your net too early...

In NL, I can't find the SCORPION. It's the only bug I'm missing! >:I

Last edited:
I've never seen them in games other than New Leaf, and I've only caught a tarantula in that, but I have seen a scorpion, though it jumped in the water. It's really scary when you first see them but once you're both standing still the shock factor goes away and you can go attempt to catch it.

In NL when i tried to catch a scorpion it came out of nowhere and i jumped. I caught a another one later but TARANTULA stung me :<

I like that they don't chase you unless you are holding the net. I would always walk around with the net though because I thought it was more fun for them to fly out randomly lol. One time I saw one on the lower level of the town and it was running into the wall at me. I started edging over to the ramp and when I got to the ramp it jumped up over the ledge and stung me! It freaked me out so much! :p

The scorpions are okay but the tarantulas definitely scare me every time I see one. xD

Back