Mafia TBT Mafia IX: The Apocalypse [Game Over/Town Win]

Signing in here guys! I like how discussion was already started.

Sataric is being a bit too formal for my tastes, but that could definitely be his regular playstyle. He did say he would try to fit in more, so I'm willing to give him a chance for now. I'm definitely keeping an eye on him though and am willing to support a lynch for him, if it comes to that, of course.

As for me, I personally think we should look at the people who are neutral with everything and/or have a behavior that's hard to distinguish from Town and Mafia (not including the strong players). One example is Cory (not in this game) who ends up being a detriment to Town, whether Town or Mafia. The players that come to mind are the ones in Ashtot's list along with Dolby. His inactivity as Town is too similar to his inactivity as Mafia and should be watched. He could be sick, but that's the thing. Apparently, if he's telling the truth, he has been sick as both Town and Mafia.

The only way Bakers and Nurses could successfully protect someone is to basically assume who Mafia would target. In most cases, I think it's safe to assume a strong player was targeted, so Townies should go in that direction.

Putting my two cents in.
I know I haven't been the best mafia player in the past according to some people but I'd really like to get into this game and actually learn how forum mafia is played since most of my experience has come from playing in person. I'm a little busy tonight but I am not solely lurking.

Ahoy, I'm alive. Gotta agree with BBG it's mighty strange SP is jumping on people right off the gate, but at least this behavior so far is consistent with his behavior as town. Not seeing the need to "suspect" you have famine or infestation and then announce it to the thread, more than likely you're going to cover the big players with these items to ensure they live off if they aren't picked off by Death, Mafia or Vigs. Really we're going to need to watch/help our lurkers, chances are they'll be targeted by the ailments because we normally don't care about them.

Hello everyone.

I would like to request you guys to stop labelling me as an inactive, because I am usually fairly active, off the thread.

Unless you guys simply mean inactive from post count, then yes continue.

Hi, I'm here. To me SP has been posting erratically, with no reason. He should stop, otherwise risk being lynched.
Satiric seems fine to me, it's nice to see a good quality post, and as long as we remember that he does this all the time, then we should be fine. I won't be to inactive this game, because it's spring break.

Okay, so we can do a policy lynch on Trundle since he's the one who replaced Tina, and we all know how that works out for Tina's replacements...always on the scum team.

But, right now I'm seeing an issue with Sataric. This is the user that can make a two word post into a two paragraph post. Not only is that extremely annoying and spammy, but it's also dangerous if she is scum. I think she's just going to hinder town and she is just going to spew random crap between two words of contribution in each post.

It's obvious that you were joking about Trundle. But Sataric? Seriously? It's a new player who's actually trying, and you want to lynch them on that?

Well, let's see:

Maybe suggest oath2order because he has proven to be bad at leading town through lynches as shown in KingMaker and in Harry Potter Mafia. Not to mention how aggressively he chases after roleclaims which is extremely dangerous if he is mafia.

Or how about someone like Ashtot who has just been posting one liners all game.

Superpenguin, I'm tired of your bull****. You have this annoying habit of thinking you're this amazing player, but you're not. You have this absolutely annoying superiority complex where you think you're this awesome scum hunter. At least I'll admit that I make mistakes. Let's see all the times you've got scum. You have this

You were scum in III and VIII.
You died night one in IV.
You shot scum in V and MM1.
I don't recall you helping much in VI.
You didn't play VII.
You were roleblocked all of MM3.
You got yourself lynched in MM4.
I literally cannot mention how badly you ****ed up in MM5.

So, let's see, you got two scum.

Compared to me pushing the Cory lynch in VII, telling Lunatic about my suspicions on Karla (thus getting him shot), pushing for Dolby to be shot by the vigilante in VIII, pushing for Waffles to be shot by the vigilante, threatening to lynch Waffles even before the admittance, and I planned on lynch PurplPanda in Cell Mafia if I had gotten Cory lynched.

So, I managed to get 5 scum killed. Compared to your score, I'm better than you in that regard.

Also, all game? THE GAME HAS LITERALLY JUST STARTED. What the hell do you mean, all game?

Then, why are you just ignoring them? Literally this is what happens every game.

"Oh, there are new players. Let's just ignore them and hope they speak up on their own. It's not like if we mention them will make them talk anymore. huehue!"

Really? Because Sataric was trying, at least until you decided that was lynch worthy. Hey guess what! Nobody said anything to Sataric and guess who spoke up on their own! SATARIC. Quit pointing fingers at the easy targets, Superpenguin. All you're doing by going after new players during day one is scaring them away from playing the game in the future.

Is there always a minimum of at least 1 of each role included in every game?

I reckon all the Horseman Roles are unique and that there's therefore a grand total of 4 people in the Horse team. Furthermore, the Servants of Hell has certain roles that probably aren't unique - Such as the Demon, and possibly the Banshee as well. And it says in the first post that "Mafia KP = 3 (# of mafia/2, rounded up)" so I assume that there is 5 or 6 people in the Hell team. That leaves approximately 21 or 22 people in the Town team. Meaning that if we decide to lynch someone at random, we are far more likely to kill a good guy than a bad one. I'd personally only find this worthwhile if I felt that he or she couldn't contribute with anything useful to the team either way. That's my 2 cents.

Not always. Sometimes the main post says "not every role is included in the game". Nice call on possible scum team.

Just to say, I haven't gone inactive. I'm GMT, so the game actually started at 12am for me. So sorry I'm late!

Whoa - I just wanted to post to say that I somewhat agree with oath2order in the means of Superpenguin's post that was anti-Sataric was quite irrational, as he is only a new player and you can't want to lynch him for how he talks in the thread.

As for this whole game, I believe that we should have 1-2 people keeping track of confirmed town and Nurses or Bakers. Just as a side note, the mafia have no 100% safe claims this game, because if one is asked to give medicine or whatever to a confirmed member, and they aren't cured and die from whatever corresponding entity they claimed as, we know something is up; therefore, it's likely they are mafia. I doubt many people realized that. Watch out, mafia >:)

I would be ok with a Purplpanda day one lynch.

Not sure what you were trying to achieve with the whole famine thing but unless it truly was a lack of knowledge, it seemed as though you were openly fishing for blue roles. I haven't really played against you for a while but your earlier posts seem to be coming across really light handed like you were desperately trying to show you were in it for real this game or being twice as careful to avoid seeming suspicious. Guess this is kind of just a play on the 'acting too pro-town' or 'too carful' game.

As for Superpenguin, yeah that attack on Sataric was stupid but it lines up with his town playstyle. I think if anything, past games will tell us not to dwell on this aspect for too long. He's an aggressive player (remember that time no one wanted to vote him for mayor?) and it usually ends in a waste of time for us and a heavy distraction for scum to hide behind. There are far easier methods for getting new players lynched and sp is someone we are only really going to catch outside the thread or through actions.

Probably better for town not to get into a "I'm hotter **** than you" argument. I doubt that type of heat is going to do anything for this current game rather than settle past scores.

I see nothing wrong with Sataric at this point, and SP`s move on him was pretty uncalled for. I still haven`t made any decisions, but I also wouldn`t object to a Purplpanda day one lynch either, given his game history, and his attitude in this game. I`m not willing to crucify Superpenguin for acting a little out of line, however.

Karen, FYI I was sleeping when the game started and I had a doctor's appointment today. How could you call me inactive?

Anyway, I think SP is trying to pull out some random names. He went out on Sataric simply because he turns two word posts to two paragraphs post when actually he's made a few helpful posts. I'm not defending SP here, but it just seems like it was a stupid decision. I would at least let the game go on for a little more before lashing out on a new player.

Karen, FYI I was sleeping when the game started and I had a doctor's appointment today. How could you call me inactive?

Anyway, I think SP is trying to pull out some random names. He went out on Sataric simply because he turns two word posts to two paragraphs post when actually he's made a few helpful posts. I'm not defending SP here, but it just seems like it was a stupid decision. I would at least let the game go on for a little more before lashing out on a new player.

Oh, oops. I thought you went inactive and I didn't know you came back. Welcome back ~
//ignore what I said

I think it's a bit harsh to lynch Sataric first day, because 1) he's new, 2) it's not like a Kit situation where we've tried to give them advice (I mean give him a chance - if the gibberish keeps up he can be a later lynch) and 3) I like lynching inactives or lurkers first day, Sataric seems active and he could easily slip up.
1. Being new is not a reason to not get first lynch. Even a new player could get a scum role. For example. My first game I played horribly, and got day 1 lynch.
2. It's not gibberish, he's just being wordy. Sataric, you don't have to be all formal in order to fit in.
3. He's posted 3 times I believe, so that's enough to keep him off of inactive lurkers. I don't, however, think he would be easy to slip up.

I think Sataric is fine at the moment, until we get more posts from him.
But I'm keeping my eye on lynn105, I've seen her lurk this thread.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, oops. I thought you went inactive and I didn't know you came back. Welcome back ~
//ignore what I said
Lol, how would I sign up if I didn't come back,

Sataric's posts aren't the most helpful I have seen so far, to be frank. I thought it was common knowledge for every player that there's a higher percentage of lynching Town on Day One. He seems like he is actually trying though, unlike some players who give up when they're suspected, so I'm willing to give him a chance to see what his playstyle is like.

About the part I bolded: I'm not really getting what you're saying here. SP went out on him before he started making useful posts, so SP couldn't have known about them by the time he lashed at Sataric. The way you're wording it makes it seem like SP knew about these posts by the time he posted against Sataric. I'm not defending SP, it's just that your wording isn't making sense.

And lynn105 isn't playing.

Sataric's posts aren't the most helpful I have seen so far, to be frank. I thought it was common knowledge for every player that there's a higher percentage of lynching Town on Day One. He seems like he is actually trying though, unlike some players who give up when they're suspected, so I'm willing to give him a chance to see what his playstyle is like.

About the part I bolded: I'm not really getting what you're saying here. SP went out on him before he started making useful posts, so SP couldn't have known about them by the time he lashed at Sataric. The way you're wording it makes it seem like SP knew about these posts by the time he posted against Sataric. I'm not defending SP, it's just that your wording isn't making sense.

And lynn105 isn't playing.
my mistake on the Lynn thing, I checked the player list afterward and saw my mistake. I'm just used to her playing.

About your first paragraph...
What I was actually referring to was that mafia KP thing. I thought it was quite good for a new player to notice that and actually post it, even though any ordinary player could have done the math. I've noticed that most new players give up when accused, or leave other players to do the defending for them. Sataric hasn't said anything on his own behalf, saying "I'll try to be less wordy." and leaving it as that. Most other players have defended his posting and turned on SP because of his rash behavior.

I know. What I'm saying here is the fact that he went on him because of the posts he did make. What I didn't understand was why were they spammy? Known information is almost always stated on Day 1. It seemed sort of ridiculous to lash out on a wordy player, even if he was posting known information. He condensed most of his thoughts into one paragraph, therefore not being spammy. A player could skim through his pst and see if there was actually any evidence against someone else in his post.

Not sure what you were trying to achieve with the whole famine thing but unless it truly was a lack of knowledge, it seemed as though you were openly fishing for blue roles. I haven't really played against you for a while but your earlier posts seem to be coming across really light handed like you were desperately trying to show you were in it for real this game or being twice as careful to avoid seeming suspicious. Guess this is kind of just a play on the 'acting too pro-town' or 'too carful' game.
Ok. So I think that a player should post if they have Famine or Pestilence. This way, if a Baker or Nurse wants to protect them, they can. This will not expose the role, and it would be the Baker or Nurse's choice to protect them. This would be an effective way to save players that we believe are Town, and kill off players that we may have suspicions on.
PurplPanda said:
This will not expose the role
PurplPanda said:
PurplPanda said:

Also, Gandalf, on this:
Gandalf said:
I haven't really played against you for a while but your earlier posts seem to be coming across really light handed like you were desperately trying to show you were in it for real this game or being twice as careful to avoid seeming suspicious. Guess this is kind of just a play on the 'acting too pro-town' or 'too carful' game.
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...Attack&p=2822722&highlight=kawaii#post2822722

I am being more careful about my posts. Normally the majority of my posts get me a day 1 lynch.
I see nothing wrong with Sataric at this point, and SP`s move on him was pretty uncalled for. I still haven`t made any decisions, but I also wouldn`t object to a Purplpanda day one lynch either, given his game history, and his attitude in this game. I`m not willing to crucify Superpenguin for acting a little out of line, however.
What does attitude have to do with anything??? Also, you have played one game with me.

Attitude can get you lynched, Purpl. Attitude has a lot to do with quite a bit of things, I believe.

my mistake on the Lynn thing, I checked the player list afterward and saw my mistake. I'm just used to her playing.

About your first paragraph...
What I was actually referring to was that mafia KP thing. I thought it was quite good for a new player to notice that and actually post it, even though any ordinary player could have done the math. I've noticed that most new players give up when accused, or leave other players to do the defending for them. Sataric hasn't said anything on his own behalf, saying "I'll try to be less wordy." and leaving it as that. Most other players have defended his posting and turned on SP because of his rash behavior.

I know. What I'm saying here is the fact that he went on him because of the posts he did make. What I didn't understand was why were they spammy? Known information is almost always stated on Day 1. It seemed sort of ridiculous to lash out on a wordy player, even if he was posting known information. He condensed most of his thoughts into one paragraph, therefore not being spammy. A player could skim through his pst and see if there was actually any evidence against someone else in his post.

I was also referring to the Mafia KP, well, indirectly at least (Mafia KP is related to amount of Mafia, which is related to lynch percentages). One thing I did before as scum in MM 1 was that I was posting known info about Mafia KP and was suspected by one of the stronger players for doing so on Day One. Being new isn't really an excuse either, Sataric has played previous games apparently, and so have I when I was scum. I have no plans of suspecting him full-on, as of now, however.

It's obvious that you were joking about Trundle. But Sataric? Seriously? It's a new player who's actually trying, and you want to lynch them on that?

I was simply putting Sataric's name out there, because what I've seen from their pre-game posts and their first in-game post, I knew they were going to annoy me big time. From that first post, I didn't see much contribution coming out of Sataric, and by looking at his other posts, I still don't. I'll admit I appreciated his post about the number of potential mafia players we are dealing with, because I didn't notice the KP part. The only thing he has going for him is he has posted, but that can be attributed to the fast his name was mentioned, as you can all see right now, attention on him died and he went quiet.

I was never deadset on lynching him, obviously. Town's biggest issue is not getting names out there. I was simply trying to get a name out there early on, perhaps I did it too early, though. But what do you know, everyone is yelling at me for bringing up a name when that's what you HAVE TO ****ING DO! No one here has brought up any other name. Ya'll scared or something. I don't know what gets you guys away from saying names.

And would you look at that? Discussion was going while I was communicating and Sataric was talking with his name out there. Now, all that died out and we are facing our normal Day One. I could've predicted this easily; almost like I'm Psychic or something.

And yes, I do realize that I have this habit of pulling a name and making a case against them. I guess that's why I don't understand why it's so hard for everyone else to bring up a name.

Oath2order said:
So, let's see, you got two scum.

Compared to me pushing the Cory lynch in VII, telling Lunatic about my suspicions on Karla (thus getting him shot), pushing for Dolby to be shot by the vigilante in VIII, pushing for Waffles to be shot by the vigilante, threatening to lynch Waffles even before the admittance, and I planned on lynch PurplPanda in Cell Mafia if I had gotten Cory lynched.

So, I managed to get 5 scum killed. Compared to your score, I'm better than you in that regard.

This is more of a personal issue you have with me, so to that I say...
tumblr_mvbltoTLZU1spwno4o1_500.gif

If you want to debate about our "scores," then PM me. :)

Prin;2857845I'm not defending SP[/QUOTE said:
I'm not defending SP

And is it really that bad of a thing if you are? Sheesh stop trying to remove the association your name has with everyone else.

Back