• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia TBT Mafia IX: The Apocalypse [Game Over/Town Win]

Yeah, I totally messed up in HP mafia. I'll never do that again.

But to be honest, I don't think SP is mafia. It doesn't match up with his behavior in HP mafia where he was godfather. As mafia you'd probably expect him to be a lot more reasonable, trying to stay with the crowd, etc. Aka, he's totally too reckless now to be mafia imo. However, there's always the chance he might be third party (which I don't know how to tell when a player is that btw), but I'm not voting for him today. That's my opinion.

Yeah, I totally messed up in HP mafia. I'll never do that again.

But to be honest, I don't think SP is mafia. It doesn't match up with his behavior in HP mafia where he was godfather. As mafia you'd probably expect him to be a lot more reasonable, trying to stay with the crowd, etc. Aka, he's totally too reckless now to be mafia imo. However, there's always the chance he might be third party (which I don't know how to tell when a player is that btw), but I'm not voting for him today. That's my opinion.

Basically, just view third party as a separate mafia team. They know each other and have their own separate chat. They are essentially their own separate mafia time and player son that side will most likely act the same as when they are mafia. The only difference is their Night abilities vary from Mafia's Night abilities.

Yeah, let's not lynch SP today. I can see why the newer players are for lynching him though. I've never been a fan of his Day One tactics myself, and it doesn't look the new players are a fan either. Overtime throughout the games, it's been shown that they aren't necessarily scum behavior, it's just how he plays the game. Even if it's super annoying, it gets results in the end typically. It's not a reason to lynch him, at least not at this point.

So I post a lot and am mafia
Post little am town
But I posted a little when I was mafia
And now I'm town again.

Honestly I'm not that easy to figure out. Every single time I've said I've been busy with things, that's been the truth. My activity never has to do with my roles.
I enjoy mafia quite a lot and when I get the chance I love participating.

He is a new player. We don't know his playstyle. Haven't we all already established we would like to wait until later in the game?

Apparently not SP. He does have a valid point though ; new players shouldn't be excused from lynches, especially since some games make one new player scum.

I really don't think Sataric is a good idea, but I would like to ask that he step up his game and be more active if he is as experienced as he says. He's starting to try now, and that's a good thing, along with Purpl finally stepping up to the plate.

Guys omg reply I'm so scared
like I'm trembling
Did I do something wrong
I don't think so. You're getting discussion going, I don't think that's wrong.

Thoughts on SP: I don't really necessarily agree with him being off this game. In Red Revolution, didn't most of us suspect him for the same thing and flipped Town? This is why it seems like a big risk to take. And what I'm wondering most: Why would he put so much attention on himself? It just doesn't seem like he would do such a thing as Mafia.

Yeah, let's not lynch SP today. I can see why the newer players are for lynching him though. I've never been a fan of his Day One tactics myself, and it doesn't look the new players are a fan either. Overtime throughout the games, it's been shown that they aren't necessarily scum behavior, it's just how he plays the game. Even if it's super annoying, it gets results in the end typically. It's not a reason to lynch him, at least not at this point.
As Trundle said earlier, SP was aggressive back in the days of Murder before Christmas and such. He has turned up town using other tactics as well, leading us to believe he would use those techniques if he were town. We can no longer consider him being aggressive normal behavior, as there have been like eight games since. Also, Trundle voted for SP. Is Trundle a new player? I voted for SP. Am I a new player? Well, sort of. Also, SP's IRC behavior is different, according to Trundle. (I do not know as I am not on the IRC) Normally, SP would be calling out names and accusations, but now he is quiet. Is he hiding something?

Note: this is basically what Trundle said reworded and posted for you.

SP was aggressive back in the days of Murder before Christmas and such.
Okay, first off. I was scum in Murder Before Christmas and I was quiet as a mouse. It was Bolshevik Revolution I was Townie and aggressive.

PurplPanda said:
Also, SP's IRC behavior is different, according to Trundle. (I do not know as I am not on the IRC) Normally, SP would be calling out names and accusations, but now he is quiet. Is he hiding something?

Uh, yeah, I never understood what Trundle meant by this. If I am in the IRC and discussing mafia, it's in private. I hardly ever seriously discussed mafia in public on the IRC. Besides, no one was evne talking about mafia when Trundle was viewing anyway. He tried to get discussion going, but unfortunately, saying thinks like "Why so quiet?" aren't really good ways to start a discussion on the game in a public setting as that's an A-B Conversation, not a public, group one.

Okay, first off. I was scum in Murder Before Christmas and I was quiet as a mouse. It was Bolshevik Revolution I was Townie and aggressive.
That was several games ago. We are saying that you have other new playstyles now, and that you could have used any one of those to convince us that you were Town. But, you decided to fall back on an old method. Why? Was it because of your fear of a new method giving away your role? So you used an old method that people would recognize. An old, flawed method, I might add. You used an old method so people would go back to those games and see your method, see that you were Town, and believe you were town now. They also wouldnt believe you were scum, because you were, "quiet as a mouse." Well, it didn't work. I know your logic now, SP. You have also been throwing out random names to get the attention off yourself, like Sataric's. Its because you're panicked. I know the feeling, and I did the exact same thing. Guess what? It doesn't work. It gets you lynched Day 1.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm going to sleep. Refer to my past posts for evidence, and why SP should be lynched. Have a nice day, everyone!

You have also been throwing out random names to get the attention off yourself, like Sataric's. Its because you're panicked. I know the feeling, and I did the exact same thing. Guess what? It doesn't work. It gets you lynched Day 1.

I brought up Sataric's name. There was no attention on me at the time so there was none to throw off of myself. I was simply bringing up a name to start discussion. I'd say it worked, more against me than anything, unfortunately, but there's discussion.
You are posting flawed logic on me:

1. Read above^
2. You blindly follow Trundle's "IRC evidence" which was an exaggeration if not completely false.
3. You can't try to think too much of what goes through my mind of why I am playing like I am. If I am town, my playstyle would be identical to previous town playstyles of mine. Whereas if I was scum trying to match my town playstyle, there would be some noticeable cracks as I would not be town.
4. You are trying to extract too many theories from my talks with Pally which lead to complete dead-ends.

I brought up Sataric's name. There was no attention on me at the time so there was none to throw off of myself. I was simply bringing up a name to start discussion. I'd say it worked, more against me than anything, unfortunately, but there's discussion.
You are posting flawed logic on me:

1. Read above^
2. You blindly follow Trundle's "IRC evidence" which was an exaggeration if not completely false.
3. You can't try to think too much of what goes through my mind of why I am playing like I am. If I am town, my playstyle would be identical to previous town playstyles of mine. Whereas if I was scum trying to match my town playstyle, there would be some noticeable cracks as I would not be town.
4. You are trying to extract too many theories from my talks with Pally which lead to complete dead-ends.

I'm going to have to agree with Superpenguin on this. There is no reason for everyone to bandwagon on him like this even if he is playing a bit aggressively. I would much rather lynch someone we know will be a hindrance to town in the long run, and could pose possible problems late game. I'd like to bring up Feloreena as a possible lynch candidate because of the fact that she simply bandwagoned with the others to lynch Superpenguin and has contributed nothing to the game so far (hasn't posted anything that I've seen but it's possible I missed something).

- - - Post Merge - - -

PurplPanda is actually trying and doing a decent job at actually making cases and such, although a lot of his reasoning is flawed, and I see no reason to lynch him yet this game.

So I post a lot and am mafia
Post little am town
But I posted a little when I was mafia
And now I'm town again.

Honestly I'm not that easy to figure out. Every single time I've said I've been busy with things, that's been the truth. My activity never has to do with my roles.
I enjoy mafia quite a lot and when I get the chance I love participating.
Why are you getting so defensive all of a sudden? Nobody's really focused on you except for the PMing thing.

What. I disagree with lynching SP today. I haven't see anything compelling enough against him, and if he ends up flipping town that will be a bug loss. Leave him to a detective if y'all are that worried but I think lynching a strong player on day 1 is reckless. :\

I think lynching someone who's a distraction-someone who's a hindrance to town wether they're town or mafia-is a much better decision. Sure it's the safe route, but would you rather A) lynch someone who doesn't help us, and possibly turn scum which is an added bonus, or B) get rid of someone that is a big help for town, possibly turning scum but more than likely not.

There's my two cents (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

I'd like to bring up Feloreena as a possible lynch candidate because of the fact that she simply bandwagoned with the others to lynch Superpenguin and has contributed nothing to the game so far (hasn't posted anything that I've seen but it's possible I missed something).

Feloreena has gone to bed and thus cannot defend herself, but she has made a couple of posts so far - More than certain other players have by far. I am not sure if Farobi and ItookYourWaffles have made any posts at all since the game started, and I believe Jeremy only said "Hi" and that was it.

I find lynching SP, or any strong player in general is too big of a risk to take on Day One. I'd much rather lynch someone who will make it difficult for endgame.

I would still like to go after someone on Minties' list, preferably Dolby. As of now, Town seems to be divided on who they want to lynch. That's fine and all but we should try to coordinate more? We should at least compromise ; like Lunatic suggested, we can leave SP to a DT and see what he flips.

Yeah, we need to make an agreement here. Less than a day before we need to reach majority and lynch someone. If we keep split voting it'll end up as a NL.

I'm not going to hop on the SP bandwagon heading to nowhere, sorry. I don't see the reasoning behind it as I find his current behavior to have sufficient explanation behind it. Right now I'd like to vote for Dolby but before I do that I would like to hear from Feloreena and DarkNightMoon though because they've been rather quiet I think.

As I said before when I cast my verdict: I am willing to change my vote from SuperPenguin and instead cast it on an inactive player if we can decide as a group on a suitable target. We are running low on time and need to make our decision rather soon if we want to be able to scramble together enough votes. There's still quite a few players who has not contributed with hardly anything at all. And Dolby's name seems to be coming up a lot.

I've narrowed down who I think should be lynched to Dolby or MissNoodle. So I can agree to a Dolby lynch.

I suppose we can wait to hear more from them, but so far Dolby's earlier reply hasn't changed my mind.

The thing with Dolby though is that he's helpful to whatever team he's on, so he could really be useful to Town if he's town or potentially dangerous if he's mafia or third party. I don't know if I want to take that risk, I actually haven't played a game with Dolby where he wasn't sick, inactive, or called out on like here so it's hard to judge his previous defense post.

Why MissNoodle Lunatic? I actually think she's easily manipulated and quick to slip up, as shown in cult mafia.

Why MissNoodle Lunatic? I actually think she's easily manipulated and quick to slip up, as shown in cult mafia.

Because she's very inactive. Which creates a lot of unnecessary questions and unneeded distractions later on in the game. Tbh I'd include Kuma in my possible lynch list but I hear she is actively contributes via IRC so yeah

After further thinking, Superpenguin shouldn't be lynched today. This is his usual Day One behaviour even though it is very annoying to most players whether they are beginners or not.

I much rather lynch Dolby instead of Superpenguin today as Dolby will remain quiet if we just keep them out of the spotlight.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tbh I'd include Kuma in my possible lynch list but I hear she is actively contributes via IRC so yeah
Yeah. I honestly find it much easier to communicate in the irc. I will try to post more on the thread though.

Back