• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Long Distance Relationships

Sanaki

moon child
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
So yeah I know a lot of people are in this situation.

Tell your story.

Last edited:
Good for you guys. I hope that you two have fun getting to spend time with each other.

And don't worry about it being awkward. Meeting someone for the first time after knowing them online isn't that awkward. I've met up with people from here before and it was fun.

Thanks Gallows! I'm sure we will. My mom was nice enough to let him stay with us since a hotel would be expensive. I'm 17 and he is 19 currently. I don't think it would be awkward, we skype all the time and we always hear each others voices, so we know what to expect which is really exciting. I have to get up at 4am tomorrow because we are getting him from the airport when his flight comes in at 7 am and it's an hour or hour and a half commute to the airport. I'm just so happy! :)

That's awesome to hear, I'm sorta getting into a girl I've met online, She's really fantastic to talk with and has a grand sense of humor!
She said she'll try to come over to England around Summer, Although I won't be dissapointed if she cannot.

Hope all goes well for you Halo c:

Aw, this is so amazing, I'm happy for you! ^_^ I hope you guys have fun! This is seriously so cute.

Oh my gosh! I was just talking to Karla and another member yesterday, how there should be a LDR thread!

Also aw omg, will you record it?

My boyfriend and I will have been together for one year and six months tomorrow :)

Well I've been in a few, only one that was a 'romantic' relationship lasted 5 months though. Totally didn't work out though cause I guess Japan was kinda too far for them but w/e (Distance is distance, be it far or near). As for the others I've met with, they're just some good contacts/friends I'm lucky to have met.

Congrats on getting to meet your boyfriend though. Hope everything goes swell.

Awww lucky. I haven't have a boyfriend for a while now (pretty much because I am picky with guys now).

But I hope everything goes out well for you.

AAAHHHhhhh
You are so lucky. I wish me and my boyfriend could meet up sooner ;__;
Good luck! <3

Thank you everyone. We will be taking pictures together and I will share them here after he leaves, if anybody would want to see us!

OH MY GOSH. LUCKY YOU. HAVE FUN.

I'm in the same boat. My gf is in Cali and I'm in Florida. By the end of the month we'll have been together for a year. My one main mission this year is to visit her. BY GODS I SWEAR IT. Her parents aren't exactly keen on me sleeping over at their house, though, which is understandable. They would rather meet me in person first.

Alright I will then! :) And I love to hear about your stories too, so keep them coming if you have them! <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

OH MY GOSH. LUCKY YOU. HAVE FUN.

I'm in the same boat. My gf is in Cali and I'm in Florida. By the end of the month we'll have been together for a year. My one main mission this year is to visit her. BY GODS I SWEAR IT. Her parents aren't exactly keen on me sleeping over at their house, though, which is understandable. They would rather meet me in person first.

thanks! :) And aww, congrats!!! I am in Massachusetts and he is in California, so we are pretty far. I stay up late on school nights every night to talk to him.. 3 hours of sleep a night, woo hoooo. I don't think I'll be able to sleep unless I know he'll be on the plane safely.

I can't sleep without being in a skype call with him either, so we fall asleep on skype every night together as well. GOD BLESS YOU SKYPE MAKERS.

I'm in a long distance relationship myself. He lives in Illinois and I live in North Carolina, and we've been dating for about a year and 3 months now (but I've known him for 7 years now). I can only visit him during the summer and winter breaks because of school. Hopefully once I finish school we'll be able to move in together somewhere. (ノ∀\*)

Mayor Holo said:
thanks! :) And aww, congrats!!! I am in Massachusetts and he is in California, so we are pretty far. I stay up late on school nights every night to talk to him.. 3 hours of sleep a night, woo hoooo. I don't think I'll be able to sleep unless I know he'll be on the plane safely.

I can't sleep without being in a skype call with him either, so we fall asleep on skype every night together as well. GOD BLESS YOU SKYPE MAKERS.

Three hours, yup yup. I know all about that. It's not so bad when you think about it, aha, could be worse. Losing sleep over your partner is the best! YOU DO THAT TOO? THE FALLING ASLEEP ON SKYPE THING? (albeit not EVERY night for me and my gf, but you and your bf do, wowee). Definitely upload photos. >w<-b

Back