• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

Yeah, I'm holding out for the Wii U version. More modes, better controls (for me) bigger screen and better graphics (Okay, that's more of a bonus, but still)

I wanted to get the Wii U Version to as well and get the Wii U. But my parents won't allow me to get it.
I guess the 3DS is good enough for me anyways.

I'm wondering if I should get the bundle with the game, controller, and the adapter. I was looking up to see if there were any pre order specials for the game and apparently if you pre order the game and an amiibo figure on the 'toys r us' website, IIRC you'll get the figure for free.

I have the 3ds game currently, and it's pretty fun. I really like smash run with all the different enemies (not the Orne though :p). I'm mostly happy that you can reconfigure the controls a bit.

Even so, I can hardly wait for the WiiU version. ^_^

Yeah, I'm holding out for the Wii U version. More modes, better controls (for me) bigger screen and better graphics (Okay, that's more of a bonus, but still)

pretty much why I'm just waiting for the Wii U version too. glad I didn't give in and get the 3DS version now tbh.

People are still complaining about Duck Hunt and Pac Man.

And pretty much I'm like, "Dude, they're great choices for Smash. Just because Mewtwo isn't in it, doesn't mean they're bad characters". People really need to get creative sometimes.

same with me. i just hope nintendo doesn't do anything to where if you buy both versions, you get exclusive stages and characters.

- - - Post Merge - - -

People are still complaining about Duck Hunt and Pac Man.

And pretty much I'm like, "Dude, they're great choices for Smash. Just because Mewtwo isn't in it, doesn't mean they're bad characters". People really need to get creative sometimes.

People are complaining about Pac-Man?! I thought he was an excellent choice. I get Duck Hunt but I feel that the attention should be directed at ROB, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit. rly

>Smash Run
>Stamina Battle
>Tortimer Island
>just stalling out to have remaining 2 opponent's whittle each other down and one kill the other
>AI go over to fight on Kapp'n's boat
>both end up grabbing a ledge of the boat
>Kapp'n takes off with them

kek

I'm wondering if I should get the bundle with the game, controller, and the adapter. I was looking up to see if there were any pre order specials for the game and apparently if you pre order the game and an amiibo figure on the 'toys r us' website, IIRC you'll get the figure for free.

I'm pretty sure the bundle is sold out...

- - - Post Merge - - -

The official website showing off info about amiibo.
What's interesting is how on the second picture, they just show Bowser Jr. and Jigglypuff even though they haven't been revealed yet.

Last edited:
VjXGEZD.jpg

"Pic of the day. Here's the settings menu for Rules. Comical pictures appear on the left when you go through the options, so I'll briefly introduce them."

dUuvQA2.jpg

"Going clockwise from the top-left corner, here are the pictures that appear for Rules, Time Limit, Custom Fighters, Stage Choice, Damage Ratio, and Handicap."

TbpTeQb.jpg

"In the Wii U version, you can customize additional rules from the beginning of the game. Here are the pictures displayed for Stock Time Limit, Team Attack, Pause Function, SD Penalty, Damage Display, and Score Display. You can almost hear Fox's cry in the picture displayed for SD Penalty settings."

Hyrule Temple confirmed again, arghhhhhh

Last edited:
I'm glad I held out for the Wii U version, it looks very promising.
I'm pretty sure the bundle is sold out...

- - - Post Merge - - -

The official website showing off info about amiibo.
What's interesting is how on the second picture, they just show Bowser Jr. and Jigglypuff even though they haven't been revealed yet.
Interesting, yet they don't show Dark Pit, Lucina, ROB, Falco or Wario albeit the fact they're confirmed.

I'm still not liking amiibo. Maybe I'm expecting more; I don't know, but I'm just not interested in it.
Oct-20-2014.jpg

"Pic of the day. Here's the settings menu for Rules. Comical pictures appear on the left when you go through the options, so I'll briefly introduce them."

Oct-20-2014-2.jpg

"Going clockwise from the top-left corner, here are the pictures that appear for Rules, Time Limit, Custom Fighters, Stage Choice, Damage Ratio, and Handicap."

Oct-20-2014-3.jpg

"In the Wii U version, you can customize additional rules from the beginning of the game. Here are the pictures displayed for Stock Time Limit, Team Attack, Pause Function, SD Penalty, Damage Display, and Score Display. You can almost hear Fox's cry in the picture displayed for SD Penalty settings."

Hyrule Temple confirmed again, arghhhhhh
Well if Onett is back Hyrule Temple should be, just saying.
Interesting pics but for whatever reason they don't work. I'm glad we're seeing more Wii U information, though.

Incase people havent heard, Smash U Direct on the 23rd, (11 PM GMT, 6 PM eastern, 3 PM pacific)

Edit: okay, I'm dumb and forgot there's now a board for smash and it's already been posted.

Last edited:
Well if Onett is back Hyrule Temple should be, just saying.
Interesting pics but for whatever reason they don't work. I'm glad we're seeing more Wii U information, though.
Oh for goodness sake, if I had known they didn't work earlier, I would've rehosted them!

I'll fix them in the morning.

Just got around to registering the game and filling out the Club Nintendo survey...

BtD043n.png

g0rUskw.png

qjPaWLC.png

I hope they appreciate my feedback.

Back