• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

I feel like if the koopalings are Bowser Jr's alts, then why aren't all the clones lumped like this? You could drop an entire column by sticking Dr Mario, Dixie, Dark Pit, Falco, Wolf and Toon Link in with their originals.

Um, It seems to me that Toon Link is easier to control than regular link. So Is he still a clone?

wow @ title of reveal video

"we don't have a choice"

i feel sorry for sakurai lol

I'm sure it's more complicated than that. Plus the leaker said they're valued more than 'clones'.

I'm sure we'll find out how soon, I just find it odd that some characters have been knocked down to just being alts, while others made the cut even though we were told there wouldn't be any. And there hasn't been much information on how they're different, and there's been nothing visible in the videos.
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to end up making the 'clones' as different as possible with custom sets asap.

Um, It seems to me that Toon Link is easier to control than regular link. So Is he still a clone?

Toon Link was never a clone honestly, he's faster and there's differences in how attacks were handled.

I'm not really sure what you mean by easier to control, but really the only difference as far as this gen of smash bros goes is the smaller hitbox.
Different attacks => custom movesets / adding power to certain moves.
Faster => can't we slightly alter the speed of characters now too? or is that only in smash run or only with amiibo. I don't think this has been made to clear. (This kinda goes for Wolf too who is slower and heavier I believe)

I'm sure we'll find out how soon, I just find it odd that some characters have been knocked down to just being alts, while others made the cut even though we were told there wouldn't be any. And there hasn't been much information on how they're different, and there's been nothing visible in the videos.
I'm pretty sure I'm just going to end up making the 'clones' as different as possible with custom sets asap.

I'm not really sure what you mean by easier to control, but really the only difference as far as this gen of smash bros goes is the smaller hitbox.
Different attacks => custom movesets / adding power to certain moves.
Faster => can't we slightly alter the speed of characters now too? or is that only in smash run or only with amiibo. I don't think this has been made to clear. (This kinda goes for Wolf too who is slower and heavier I believe)

Well Dark Pit will use his staff for an attack, but most of his attacks will be Pit's SSBB moveset since Pit's moves have changed drastically.

This is pretty cool:

YUZZAyK.jpg

Although I think there are a few mistakes in it.

no, its fine! Although i keep thinking Pokemon Diamond and Pearl were from 2007 because that's when i started gaming

Yeah, you're right, but Lucario was developed before DP came out. For example, Lucario was already mentioned in Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon - Team Blue & Red and these games were released in 2005 (in Japan).

This is pretty cool:

YUZZAyK.jpg

Although I think there are a few mistakes in it.

There's a few. Lucario was 2006 in Japan, 2007 everywhere else (it was released in 2008 for Korea though)
Metro Zero Mission was released in 2004. Besides that the list is fine.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, you're right, but Lucario was developed before DP came out. For example, Lucario was already mentioned in Pok?mon Mystery Dungeon - Team Blue & Red and these games were released in 2005 (in Japan).

Well I suppose it's right then. Hmm.

Something strange on the website, under the music section, it lists the games composers. Some of them worked for other games, and a few caught my eye. Some games listed were:
-Final Fantasy
-Monster Hunter
-Metal Gear Solid
-One Piece
-Xenoblade
-Etrian Odyssey
-Danganronpa
-Kingdom Hearts
-Klonoa
-Katamari Damacy
-Soul Calibur

Does that mean we'll see these series supported in some way since they're listed with the composers? Especially things like Katamari which have never been a Nintendo console. It seems pretty strange and possible since there's a Rayman trophy for no good reason.
danganronpa?! YES OOGAMI OR AKANE 4 SMASH

I hope there is another story line like in brawl, aside from the freeplay fights. I thought the story was really cool

Back