• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

I mained Peach and Zelda in Brawl, but in this game there are SO MANY more people I can't wait to play as. Rosalina, Villager, Greninja, and Wii Fit Trainer!! I really want Palutena to be in this game. I have so much faith that she will though.

I am excited for Smash Bros. However, my excitement for it is like lukewarm water. For some reason, they haven't been able to amaze me with anything that wants me to have it in my hands right away, even with the Nintendo Direct.

The online features are nice and I was glad to hear that there is match making according to your skill level. However, online is not something I am all that excited about. This is mostly because playing with strangers online, even if you were able to voice chat with them, doesn't really replace having fun playing with freinds. And just to add, I have zero experience with Brawl's online because I didn't have Wi-Fi at the time and my Brawl doesn't work now. (Dumb double layering) In fact, I traded it in long time ago because of that. But in all honesty, I had no problem using the CPU to fill in a gap for another player.

I guess seeing some in depth stuff for movesets, items and stages are neat, but it won't make or break the game for me.

I am sort of annoyed that Smash Run is not in the Wii U version. Like he already ommitted the story mode from Brawl. Why not include something like this in the Wii U version to compensate too? Someone said don't worry and that the Wii U version probably will get something special too, and I hope so, because I am not buying the 3DS version unless it offers a different experience from the Wii U version besides different stages and an exclusive mode.

Customizable movesets are cool I guess, but this isn't nothing that amazes me by any means, especially since hackers can probably do the same thing.

But do you want to know what the main problem is....?

Me!

The people I used to play this game with either won't play anything with me anymore because they are interested in other thing, or I am not able to get in touch with them and ask "Hey, do you wanna come over to play some Smash Bros. with me?". And to be honest, this is a fighting game that you will get the most fun out of if you play it with others. I myself found some weird way to find fun out of the previous games by myself. However, I don't know if that is the case with this game. I want to play it, but I don't want to buy a game that is going to just collect dust in a week or so.

Also, in closing, I am not a competitive player. I'm just a Smash player, I don't categorize myself as anything, not a noob, not a professional, not a hardcore or anything. Just a person who likes to play Smash Bros. In addition, disregard the stuff I said in another thread about it possibly being a series I will lose interest in.

And with that being said, I know what the REAL reason as to why I am not excited. There isn't any real gameplay of this game. Its not even finished yet and even Sakurai himself said that some stuff may change. In fact, why did I even say all that I said last time? I just judged the whole game based on what I seen of the unfinished product! However, I believe I was disappointed from what I saw and I let that get the best of me.

I've always played Smash Bros. with my brother and sister but when they weren't around, I just had friends over. Just find more friends that play Smash Bros.!

Are you guys going to do For Glory or For Fun mostly when doing multiplayer? I'm definitely going to go for For Glory mode. I love the competition and I want to see how good I can do against others. I'm also looking forward to fighting you all!

I usually main Peach on both Melee and Brawl.

I plan to try out Rosalina and Luma, see if their moveset flow in with me well, if so... I might main Rosalina and Luma along with Peach.

I usually main Peach on both Melee and Brawl.

I plan to try out Rosalina and Luma, see if their moveset flow in with me well, if so... I might main Rosalina and Luma along with Peach.

I feel that Rosalina & Luma could be pretty strong and they could do a lot with her.

I've always played Smash Bros. with my brother and sister but when they weren't around, I just had friends over. Just find more friends that play Smash Bros.!

Are you guys going to do For Glory or For Fun mostly when doing multiplayer? I'm definitely going to go for For Glory mode. I love the competition and I want to see how good I can do against others. I'm also looking forward to fighting you all!

if i do get the game, i'm probably gonna stick to for fun mode. i'm gonna suck at for glory mode anyway but it's worth a shot after i become decent player (i do want to see how good i am as well!)

To be honest I don't think Greninja fits well in in SSB4 (Don't get me wrong, I like Greninja a lot!). But who knows. Maybe he'll be pretty sweet to play as.
Still no word on Ness, though. unu

Last edited:
To be honest I don't think Greninja fits well in in SSB4 (Don't get me wrong, I like Greninja a lot!). But who knows. Maybe he'll be pretty sweet to play as.
Still no word on Ness, though. unu

I'm sure Ness will be put back in. I think Greninja fits pretty well. I'm a little bit surprised they put Charizard in as his own character, which makes me wonder if they're done with Pokemon Trainer or if they're putting him back in with different Pokemon.

For melee I mained peach and for brawl I mained Sheik, Ness, and Lucario

It seem like the full character list is leaked (..?).

I'm not exactly sure if it is true or not but it seem legit.

Here's the full character list (spoiler'd, of course).

New:

Little Mac
Rosalina & Luma
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Greninja
Chrom
Charizard (own character now)
Zero Suit Samus (own character now)
Sheik (own character now)

Returning:
Lucario
King Dedede
Zelda
Marth
Sonic
Toon Link
Peach
Luigi
Mario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Bowser
Pit
Ganondorf
MetaKnight
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Captain Falcon
Ness
Falco

source

Just one of those things I won't believe till I see reveals.

If that Iist is official its a bit of a disappointment. Shiek and zero suit samus don't need their own character slots. Those could be for 2 actual newcomers. But whateves ill still buy the game. (I just hope that's a false leak)!!

If that Iist is official its a bit of a disappointment. Shiek and zero suit samus don't need their own character slots. Those could be for 2 actual newcomers. But whateves ill still buy the game. (I just hope that's a false leak)!!

It's been confirmed that Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are going to have their own character slots.

And people like the fact of it too, Opens up to a new Final Smash for Zero Suit for one, Shiek's new Special looks cool too.

I also do prefer to see Samus and Zero Suit Samus be a separate character. I've hated the idea of having to go after a Final Smash just to get Zero Suit Samus in Brawl. D:

However, I do not agree with Zelda and Sheik being separate, it's one of the main reasons why I like to play Zelda often (she's almost a main for me on Melee and Brawl) because of more utility and being able to transform between the two characters anytime.

Agreed. Zelda and shiek were the main reason in using Zelda in Melee.

Still hoping maybe another 2 or 3 newbies get announced. :)

New:

Little Mac
Rosalina & Luma
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Greninja
Chrom

Returning:
Lucario
King Dedede
Zelda
Marth
Sonic
Toon Link
Peach
Luigi
Mario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Bowser
Pit
Ganondorf
MetaKnight
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Captain Falcon
Ness
Falco

source

It isn't confirmed, so I won't add it to the front post.

New:

Little Mac
Rosalina & Luma
Villager
Mega Man
Wii Fit Trainer
Greninja
Chrom

Returning:
Lucario
King Dedede
Zelda
Marth
Sonic
Toon Link
Peach
Luigi
Mario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Bowser
Pit
Ganondorf
MetaKnight
Jigglypuff
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Captain Falcon
Ness
Falco

source

This is completely fake as of now. If you look at every game, they have 13 or 14 more characters than the last one. The original had 12, Melee had 26, and Brawl had 39. That list only has 36 characters, so there HAS to be more, either returning or new. There's Lucas, Ike, ROB, Wolf, and Snake missing from Brawl alone, and Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, and Mewtwo from Melee. That could be a partial character list, but it's nowhere near finished.

Back