• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

Uhhh no SMASH 4 switch... We'll never get a actual smash on the switch annnnddddd we're paying another 60 dollars ( up to a total of 160 now ) on the same game! Plus the only char's they gonna add is gonna be

1.lissa ( Fe )
2. Celica ( Fe )
3. Alm ( Fe )
4. Camilla with a minor design change like with bayo ( fe )
5.palla ( fe )
6.Est ( fe )
7. Catria ( fe )

- - - Post Merge - - -

Uhhh no SMASH 4 switch... We'll never get a actual smash on the switch annnnddddd we're paying another 60 dollars ( up to a total of 160 now ) on the same game! Plus the only char's they gonna add is gonna be

1.lissa ( Fe )
2. Celica ( Fe )
3. Alm ( Fe )
4. Camilla with a minor design change like with bayo ( fe )
5.palla ( fe )
6.Est ( fe )
7. Catria ( fe )

The online feature for the 3DS version is terrible. Wish they would fix it. I attempted to play my first online battle and the connection dropped mid battle. I was bummed because I felt like I was doing pretty well.

On the plus side, I'm getting better at shielding, spot dodging, air dodging and roll dodging. I still got to work on it though but I can tell I improved. Also I have 3 mains now: Bowser for his heavy hits, Lucina because she's fast, and Duck Hunt just because.

Edit: Wow, now that I read that, I sounded cocky and full of myself. That's horrible and not my intention to sound like that. I'm no means, an expert at this game, but I do feel like I've improved but then again, when you keep playing something, you tend to get better at it.

Last edited:
What is that music that plays on Wario's stage? It sounds so un-Wario like.

You mean "Ashley's theme"?
It's fitting since Ashley is a character from the Warioware series.

Oh...yeah I'm that familiar with the Warioware series. I was just basing the song off of Wario himself.

Anywho. I realize why I get so angry and frustrated with this game. I realize that it's not the game itself, it's me putting too much pressure on myself to complete the challenges and collect everything and I was so focused on the challenges and 'gotta beat this and gotta beat that' that I forgot that it's just a game. Not meant to be taken seriously and not force myself to complete stuff. The challenges are not what this game is about it's about just having fun. And I need to stop getting frustrated over it because again, it's just a game. Just now, I was playing against a level 7 CPU and level 7 CPU aren't easy but they aren't insanely hard and it was predicting every move I made and yeah it was a bit annoying, but then again, I chose to play against a level 7 because I could have played against a level 3 but that would be boring. CPUs in this game are insanely smart and it's bit insane but they are challenging but I like challenges not matter how annoying they can be.

So, a few hours ago, I factor reset my game that means everything was wiped. Clean slate. And I'm just going to play and have fun. Not focus on the challenges and just play. And put the game away if I start feeling frustrated. I think if I just focus on those little details (not forcing myself to complete challenges, putting the game away before I get frustrated, and remembering it's just a game) I think this game might end up being a favorite.

However, it's hard to not get mad or frustrated at this game because it can be ridiculous. Especially in Smash Run. It's like this game is made just to make people mad. You can have the highest tolerance and patience level known to man, but that's not going to prevent you from getting frustrated at the absurdity this game pulls. However, I am having more fun with this game now than I had before but it still frustrates me but not nearly as much.

So tl;dr: I learnt to just play the game and have fun. I still get frustrated but not nearly as much anymore and I stopped focusing too much on the challenges.

Last edited:
Pokken servers died??
Anyway, I've not been playing smash because my internet sucks, and, I've kinda lost my touch to be honest. I can't read my opponent anymore. :/

Last edited:
5a0a1fd46d722.jpg

Made my own skin mod for Rosa from Bayonetta 2.

Gonna be fun using her from now on. Shame nobody but me can see it, though.

Last edited:
Free for alls are fun. I was playing as Ness just now and it was a free for all battle in Classic mode between me, Palutena, Dark Pit and Pit and I just stood there and watched while they took each other out then I just swooned in at the end and 1 KO'ed Pit who was at 159 percent damage. I just stayed out the way and didn't fight and still won lol

See, I'm having fun with this game instead of getting mad because it's just a game. :)

Last edited:
Would someone here care to explain taunt parties to me and the allure of them? Like when I join games on Smash 4 Wii U random they're everywhere and it's nuts. I respect their choice of play though and don't crash their sessions and then leave. However I keep getting into games where someone in the taunt party attacks only me constantly and so enough is enough and so I hit them one time out of their million and then the entire brigade rushes me.

Would someone here care to explain taunt parties to me and the allure of them? Like when I join games on Smash 4 Wii U random they're everywhere and it's nuts. I respect their choice of play though and don't crash their sessions and then leave. However I keep getting into games where someone in the taunt party attacks only me constantly and so enough is enough and so I hit them one time out of their million and then the entire brigade rushes me.

Yeah, unfortunately that has happened in the past in a lot of Smash online matches. It’s annoying as heck and one of the reasons why I don’t play online Smash anymore unless it’s with TBT members (Smash Ultimate hype!). Best thing to do is to try and avoid them. There should be people that play online still for the fighting part of it, but I’m not sure how much people play this game now that a new one is coming out.

Stuff like taunt parties are the reason I just play 1v1 For Glory almost all the time when I go online unless I play with online friends (or a variation of that reason, anyway). I don't mind taunt parties in a game like, say, Team Fortress 2 because even in a server where there's a bunch of friendlies, I can either normally find other people on the same server who want to fight and I can ignore the friendlies, or at worst, I can just queue again and look for another server. Meanwhile in Smash, typically I wanna fight. I consider myself a tryhard, and the last thing I wanna do is attack someone who's being friendly. So I mainly just do 1v1 when I'm in the mood to Smash because most people in that mode wanna fight.

Last edited:
Back