• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Smash Bros Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U Discussion Thread

can your amiibos be really good without customizing them and feeding them equipment stuff? (pretty sure theres an amiibo thread but I'm already here and about to leave for work so yeah)

can your amiibos be really good without customizing them and feeding them equipment stuff? (pretty sure theres an amiibo thread but I'm already here and about to leave for work so yeah)

Compared to a level 9 CPU, an amiibo of Level 50 will definitely have their damage output higher and receive less damage. As for their behavior, it really depends on how you train them.

going to smash club tonight! finally get to play some melee against actual people instead of just 20XX stuff... mainly excited about sm4sh though. I think I'm decent at sm4sh so I'll be excited to see how good everyone at the club is. I think I'll do fine though as long as my falcon game is turned on.

#johncena4smash

hahahaha just kidding I have to stay at work until close at 10 so I can't go. yet again. ****. my coworkers are ****heads. I guess I'll be good to play with people from here tonight at least.

Last edited:
"You right now."
vK2cqS3.gif
Def what Orange would say.

But man that sucks, sorry dude. Take this opportunity to practice more and beat 'em bad next time you go!

Last edited:
Since we've been talking about amiibos, I decided to play against my Dedede for the first time in a month.
omfg is he horrible.

He goes to one end of the stage and spams Gordos. Nothing else. He never even jumps unless he needs to recover. He doesn't move unless you get near him. I've played as Zelda to reflect them, and Rosalina to absorb them, but still all he does is "ROFL GURDOS GURDOS GURDOS". I think I'm just going to reset him because I NEVER taught him to Gordo spam. I never even taught him to spam anything.

And to make it worse, he lost against a customless level 9 cpu. At level 50. With customs. He should've won, but nope, Gordos.

"You right now."
vK2cqS3.gif
Def what Orange would say.

But man that sucks, sorry dude. Take this opportunity to practice more and beat 'em bad next time you go!

yes that's totally me rn. I'm still going to go but I probably won't be able to play for longer than like 15 or 20 minutes

the guy I played had a pretty good sheik. I had a good time and I'm definitely looking forward to making it a weekly thing

I went on For Glory to play as Wii Fit Trainer. The first guy I played against also played as Wii Fit Trainer lel. We played around 10 matches of WFT dittos and I won most of them. After that, we just stood on opposite ends of the stage and saluted the sun for 5 minutes, with some occasional plank hopping. It was hilarious.

damn I got an hour penalty for rage quitting. I played a ton of matches against like 6 people that were like 40 times better than me and was really ****ing frustrated then played this trash little mac that just fsmashed over and over across the stage. naturally I was wrecking him and then he countered a hard knee and killed me at 50% and then the next life he ****ing ko punched me at 46% and I instantly rage quit before the match ended and threw my gamepad across the room ahahahahahahaha I finally cooled off and wanted to play again and it said I still have another 10 minutes to wait even though I quit playing for like a solid hour. wtf? that was the first time I had ever rage quit before. Idk just having a crappy day for sm4sh.

I played a puff that walled me and then rested on me in the blast zone. like gd... I beat him a few times but that was just impressive. everyone else I played just really got under my skin and got me furious...

Last edited:
It's just a 10 minute ban, but it doesn't start until you try to play again.

Exactly, you can literally just try to go online, go have a ****, come back and you'll be ready to smash

I had to suffer with that too, I thought it started after the quit (Goddamn cocky Little Mac users...) but waited 30 minutes and turned out the 10 minute ban didn't start yet.

Back