Because...The Internet (wow rare thread pally srs for once!!)

Princess

bunny enthusiast
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
8418-5606-0111
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
Jingle Christmas Doll
Peach (Fruit)
Waluigi Easter Egg
The Bell Tree Fair 2013 Patch
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Bell Bag Badge
Dark Candy
EDIT: Before you read this, this is a thing http://belltreecompliments.tumblr.com
Isn't that amazing? Go say something wonderful

Ok now continue to to original post.

Since the release of New Leaf we've had a lot of new members join The Bell Tree, and adding in the fact that I sort of had a hiatus from the forums many of you may not know me. So, hello! My nickname around here is Pally. I joined TBT when I was about 14 years old, in 2008. So basically, I've been a member my entire teenage life (yikes). I spent most of my time spamming threads, (let's be honest, still do) and just generally always treated TBT as one big joke. I never posted seriously, and never took the forums seriously. Even to this day, most of my posts are sarcastic, except for this one.

Now let me get serious serious like fo real serious.This isn't something I tend to share on a public
basis, but I feel it may be necessary for this thread. (ok wow here i go confessing to all of teebeetee)
A couple of years ago, I was pretty depressed. I self harmed, I even attempted to commit suicide.
(so what?) So, what my depression stemmed from was years of physical and emotional abuse. Emphasis on emotional.
(Why?) Because that's the whole point of this thread, how words can have an impact on someone's life.
Online or IRL.

I'd rather not get into too much detail about the abuse itself, but what helped me.
Wow are you ready for this life changing answer? It was....the internet!

(Whoa slow down there man! The internet??? But the internet doesn't matter, anything said or done doesn't mean **** in the REAL world. Right???)

Right...no. No. The internet DOES MATTER. In fact it kind of matters a lot.
(But how???? How can the internet help you?? Help me??)
Well as clich? as it is, words stick. Positive ones, and negative ones.

And in my story it was an online friend who helped me get through those rough days.
If it wasn't for his patience, and kind words I would definitely not be here today.

Just think and remember how that one time someone complimented you on your hair, or how you are, or just whatever. Remember how good that felt? And how if you were having a bad day it made things better?
(If not, wow you are lookin hella fine ok I mean have you even seen the picture thread y'all are qt)
I think we can agree, if not always, sometimes we look back on those compliments and feel good about ourselves and think yeah man maybe I'm not below average!

And I'm SURE we've all experienced, when someone online or IRL has said something absolutely so horrid it stuck. Days, weeks, months later, you recall
exactly what someone said to you, and how they said it. Even if over time, the sting was gone, and you learned to toughen up we can all agree words hurt. They can hurt a lot.

Again point being: words stick.

(So why a thread? On an Animal Crossing forum??)

Well, if you're an avid Tumblr user like myself, you may have come across some blogs that have become an outlet to "confess".
That's fine and dandy and all, but what's being "confessed" really can be quite harmful.

If you haven't understood a single word I said, then basically, Words can have an impact. Postive and negative. With technology changing, our ways of communication have evolved. What's said online can be just as harmful as anything said in person. (Or a letter if youre into that)

If you're gonna respond to this thread with oh well people should just toughen up!!! You've clearly missed the point and I urge you to re-read the thread if you can bear it, OR go back in time and tell my suicidal self yo its a word bro calm down.
Okay thank you reading if you have.

Oh I'd like add something, I'm not a saint, evidently. I have issues with people too and I've said negative things as well. Everyone does it. However, anonymously **** talking people isn't a good idea.
Just please be careful with what you say when you do say negative things okay?

I never know how to end threads so.
ok.

Last edited:
█░░█░█░▀▀█▀▀░█▀█ ░ █▀█
█░░█░█░░░█░░░█▀▄ ░█▀▀█
▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀░▀░░░▀░ ▀░▀░░▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀█ ░█ ░█▀▀
░█▀▀ ░█▀▀ ░█ ░█
░▀▀▀ ░▀ ░░░▀ ░▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░████
░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█
░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█
░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█
██████▄▄█░░░░░███▄
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Read░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░This░░░░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░ Please! ░░█
▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░█

Since the release of New Leaf we've had a lot of new members join The Bell Tree,
and adding in the fact that I sort of had a hiatus from the forums many of you
may not know me. So, hello! My nickname around here is Pally. I joined TBT when
I was about 14 years old, in 2008. So basically, I've been a member my entire
teenage life (yikes). I spent most of my time spamming threads, (let's be honest,
still do) and just generally always treated TBT as one big joke. I never posted seriously,
and never took the forums seriously. Even to this day, most of my posts are sarcastic,
except for this one.

Now let me get serious serious like fo real serious.This isn't something I tend to share on a public
basis, but I feel it may be necessary for this thread. (ok wow here i go confessing to all of teebeetee)
A couple of years ago, I was pretty depressed. I self harmed, I even attempted to commit suicide.
(so what?) So, what my depression stemmed from was years of physical and emotional abuse. Emphasis on emotional.
(Why?) Because that's the whole point of this thread, how words can have an impact on someone's life.
Online or IRL.

I'd rather not get into too much detail about the abuse itself, but what helped me.
Wow are you ready for this life changing answer? It was....the internet!

(Whoa slow down there man! The internet??? But the internet doesn't matter, anything said or done doesn't mean **** in the REAL world.
Right???)

Right...no. No. The internet DOES MATTER. In fact it kind of matters a lot.
(But how???? How can the internet help you?? Help me??)
Well as clich? as it is, words stick. Positive ones, and negative ones.

And in my story it was an online friend who helped me get through those rough days.
If it wasn't for his patience, and kind words I would definitely not be here today.

Just think and remember how that one time someone complimented you on your hair, or how you are, or just whatever. Remember how good that felt? And how if you were having a bad day it made things better?
(If not, wow you are lookin hella fine ok I mean have you even seen the picture thread y'all are qt)
I think we can agree, if not always, sometimes we look back on those compliments and feel good about ourselves and think yeah man maybe I'm not below average!

And I'm SURE we've all experienced, when someone online or IRL has said something absolutely so horrid it stuck. Days, weeks, months later, you recall
exactly what someone said to you, and how they said it. Even if over time, the sting was gone, and you learned to toughen up we can all agree words hurt. They can hurt a lot.

Again point being: words stick.

(So why a thread? On an Animal Crossing forum??)

Well, if you're an avid Tumblr user like myself, you may have come across some blogs that have become an outlet to "confess".
That's fine and dandy and all, but what's being "confessed" really can be quite harmful.

If you haven't understood a single word I said, then basically, Words can have an impact. Postive and negative. With technology changing, our ways of communication have evolved. What's said online can be just as harmful as anything said in person. (Or a letter if youre into that)

If you're gonna respond to this thread with oh well people should just toughen up!!! You've clearly missed the point and I urge you to re-read the thread if you can bear it, OR go back in time and tell my suicidal self yo its a word bro calm down.
Okay thank you reading if you have.

Oh I'd like add something, I'm not a saint, evidently. I have issues with people too and I've said negative things as well. Everyone does it. However, anonymously **** talking people isn't a good idea.
Just please be careful with what you say when you do say negative things okay?

I never know how to end threads so.
ok.

I bet one of those confession blogs you're talking about is AC confessions? I agree with you that the some of the things people say on there are disgusting. All the *******s on there are complete cowards. :lemon:

I bet one of those confession blogs you're talking about is AC confessions? I agree with you that the some of the things people say on there are disgusting. All the *******s on there are complete cowards. :lemon:

I can vouch for how bad it is. I was getting harassed for the longest time before. It's sort of stopped now, but it still hurt a lot when I read what some of the people were saying without even knowing anything about me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

AC Confession is bad, but there's one specifically for TBT which is especially cancerous

^ This.

AC Confession is bad, but there's one specifically for TBT which is especially cancerous

Oh, I know about that one too. Some of those anonymous users crap about TBT so much that it looks, and they probably are, jealous of TBT.

I can vouch for how bad it is. I was getting harassed for the longest time before. It's sort of stopped now, but it still hurt a lot when I read what some of the people were saying without even knowing anything about me.

I've (fortunately) never had anyone ***** about me before on those places before, but I've seen some of the nasty things people have said. What really gets me is how people preach on TBT Confessions that everyone here are such trolls and they're disgusting people... Yet those anonymous cowards are the ones calling people ****s, whores, ********, and that people should die and go to hell. Such hypocrisy.

tbt in a nutshell

tumblr_inline_n0upi7pSqW1rfn0t2.gif

tbt in a nutshell

tumblr_inline_n0upi7pSqW1rfn0t2.gif

Aw, they're cute

We could probably get the blog taken down or if the mods on it would turn off anonymous, it'd cease the more insulting confessions. Though the blog would probably die.

I actually read it all and I agree with you
Whether someone compliments me in real life or on the internet, I will rip off their clothes either way.

Very well said I think about this a lot and I try to be positive most of the time but it can be really hard, I love the community we have here! :lemon:

Some of the things people on here have said to other people are absolutely horrid. Not even on TBT confessions, but on TBT itself.

I understand you completely, I am already going through something from words people have said here and on other forums. Like, last night, I had trouble sleeping just thinking about it.

I do also have some problems myself. For example, my whole body responds negatively to criticism, disagreements, arguments, failure or anything else and vice versa.

Last edited:
i read up on acnlconfessions and tbtconfessions sometimes and yeah some of the confessions are pretty rude. acnlconfessions is probably a bit more..idk controlled? there are rules to not confess based on looks, gender, sexuality etc. dunno if tbtconfessions has anything like that though.

Thank you everyone for being so supportive!

Someone actually made a counter tumblr and I think it's such a lovely idea.

http://belltreecompliments.tumblr.com

awww. cute blog

Back