Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
I'm interested in hearing everyone's opinions and views on what true love is. I'm doing a project for school so if you don't mind I would like to anonymously include the results in the project. :lemon:

You can answer the poll and discuss in the thread!

Possible discussion topic: Is love simply just a feeling, or is it a commitment?

Last edited:
skChx3q.gif

2 teens under a star filled sky reach over to clasp a firefly in their hands. their hands embrace and they get closer to each other and then they kiss.

Last edited:
"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

Of course love is real! I do believe there's a firm difference between true love and true lust, the ladder being something people unknowingly fall into.

"Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance."

Of course love is real! I do believe there's a firm difference between true love and true lust, the ladder being something people unknowingly fall into.

I agree that love is something that should persevere, love is a commitment and we have a choice of whether we want to love a person or not. An example of this would be my two great grandparents. They're 85 years old, and I'm sure they don't wake up in the morning thinking "wow, he's such a hunk", or "wow she's beautiful". I'm sure they are attracted to each other for different reasons but not necessarily the physical side of love.

A misconception?

Iunno. I've always felt that love, as with all other emotions, is just a feeling. Love, therefore, is temporary like all other emotions. The only difference is that we make it out to be something special and therefore last, in some cases.

true love is when you let your boyfriend trample all over your hybrids and you actually don't mind

- anon from acnlconfessions

OT: True love is 30% feeling and 70% commitment.

Last edited:
LOVE IS PUTTING SOMEONE ELSE'S NEEDS BEFORE YOURS
LIKE HOW KRISTOFF BROUGHT YOU DOWN HERE AND LEFT YOU FOREVER

:eek: Personally I think true love is very real. Love is when you can trust someone else completely, and you can really open yourself to them and you can put them before yourself. It's almost sort of difficult to explain, in a way. Love is... Giving yourself to someone and really trusting them with your whole self. When you can look into someones soul and you can know there's a connection between yours and theirs. I believe love is a commitment, rather than just a feeling.

Last edited:
Love is stupid life could be so much more get some independence who needs that special someone aren't you already perfect no one can fix you no more pain of romance its just a waste of time don't you think friendship is enough love can not change someone no one can fix there flaws so why even try love can not fix you no one needs healing hugs they can not heal no one can fix them you can not bring out there best no ones a fixer upper.

Last edited:
I believe in true love, like I'm sure I love things. Love is feelings for me, it makes me happy, it makes me sad. I don't believe in long lasting love though, but I believe in true love.

I believe in true love. True love is accepting and loving that person as they come. You know they have flaws, but can remain close to perfect in your eyes. It's easier to forgive and forget when it's true love. You totally get what the other is saying or feeling just by looking in each others eyes. Just getting a phone call from that person can make your whole day, even if you don't talk about anything important. You love them with all your heart and you always will. You can't help but smile when you look at each other. True love is one of the most amazing feelings in the world <3 It can spark and fade but never goes away. It's both a feeling and a commitment.

My husband tramples on my hybrids sometimes and he tries to hide it by replacing it with a normal flower XD and I just laugh because I know it wasn't on purpose...and I don't get one bit upset. Anyone else though...definitely wouldn't be laughing.

Last edited:
I'm super disappointed in this thread for two reasons:
1. I read the title as "what is love"
2. Following number 1 I saw the thread has a poll and was vastly saddened that the options weren't "Baby don't hurt me" and "Dont hurt me, no more".

I believe that it's up to each and everyone to decide if what they feel is "true" or not, especially when it comes to love. To sustain love, however, commitment is needed from both parts. Love is pure feeling. An instinctual, heart-breaking, wonderful feeling.

A misconception?

Iunno. I've always felt that love, as with all other emotions, is just a feeling. Love, therefore, is temporary like all other emotions. The only difference is that we make it out to be something special and therefore last, in some cases.

THIS.

^ I think infatuation and love are different, though they often get confused because you generally feel infatuated as heck at the start of a relationship, and it just fades.

I haven't fallen in love but imo it's considering someone as your perfect equal and giving them parts of you they can easily use against you but trusting them not to. Of course not throwing your entire heart and soul at a person, but basically just...trust on a high degree.

Of course it's arguable that the purest/deepest form of love is to love someone beyond reason but a part of me believes that's a romantic notion that you should avoid. Jus not healthy :< you should want someone but not need someone to live. If that is the case, both sides would have to give the entitreity of themselves to each other which I have no idea how that would work because a hundred other theoretical situations I'm too lazy to type on a phone.

Oh but, there's a artsy movie (I forgot the name) about a doctor and his artist wife. He's able to cope with the loss of their children but she found it incredibly hard to, and when he dies in a crash, she ends up killing herself. And blah blah other long winded stuff, apparently suicides are trapped in hell forever but the dude (who is in "heaven") believes that their bond is special and goes to bring her back. He ends up failing to convince her out of her hell until he joins her in her despair, finally understanding her. I'm tok lazy to write an essay about it now but if you want to observe the extent of romantic love, it might be an interesting thing to watch. I don't exactly agree with it though.

I'm someone who thinks its perfectly okay to never fall in romantic love, but I think it's something worth experiencing. Nothing is as humbling (maybe).

Last edited:
Back