• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Debate: Was Animal Crossing City Fold Good or Bad ?

Bowtiebulbasaur

Bells
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
Here are a few pro's and con's, I hope you guys enjoy a fun debate.
PROS
There was shoes.
It had a city and bus, which is all new for animal crossing.
The city had many new shops.
CONS
Not being handheld made it harder to check in every day.
All that was new was the city.
It is hard to design patterns on it.

RULES FOR THE DEBATE
1. Must have facts
2. State what side you are on
3. Have fun !

Sorry for spelling it wrong !

Last edited:
Here are a few pro's and con's, I hope you guys enjoy a fun debate.
PROS
There was shoes.
It had a city and bus, which is all new for animal crossing.
The city had many new shops.
CONS
Not being handheld made it harder to check in every day.
All that was new was the city.
It is hard to design patterns on it.

RULES FOR THE DEBATE
1. Must have facts
2. State what side you are on
3. Have fun !
*were
I personally liked it. But, I know nothing about gaming.

City Folk was Ok. I always though WW was better though. I liked the Credit Card tho! (NL seriously needs that)

I personally wasn't a big fan of city folk. Mainly because after Gamecube and Wild World, I felt like City Folk had added almost nothing to the game. It only took about 2 weeks of play before I was terribly bored.

I sort of agree with the notion that going from DS to console was kind of lame. A game like Animal Crossing does feel like it's meant for hand held, in terms of graphics, game play, etc etc. Just the type of game I like to play before falling asleep at night, or just checking while I'm out traveling.

I think that applying pure facts and trying to take sides over something as subjective as whether a videogame is good or bad is difficult, if not impossible. It's just not a good topic for that kind of black and white thinking. That said, I personally believe city folk left a lot to be desired. Not much content was added, and there was the grass wear issue, which upset a lot of people (including me). But the models were cute and of course it was an animal crossing game so it was adorable and pleasant overall.

CF was a great game, but it wasn't much more than Wild World with a few tweaks to the gameplay.
The problem with it was that it didn't take advantage of the Wii's hardware, it used a modified version of WW's engine and it just felt like playing a handheld game on a big screen which made it inconvenient to load up every day, just to play it for a short session.

Hopefully if AC hits the Wii U they will build the game from the ground up for the console and make the gameplay more suited to being played on the bigscreen (such as giving players more to do in one playsession rather than being played in bitesize chunks like the recent games have)

I played City Folk a lot, but I didn't exactly enjoy it that much. I quickly grew bored of the game because there was really nothing special to do except when holidays came around or I would just cycle villagers in an attempt to make my dream town. When I got bored, I just went to the City thinking I'd ease it, but there really was nothing to do. You can't exactly customize your town and if you do you really can only do so with pattern paths, which I love the QR machine because I am so lazy I hate to make patterns. I would say I enjoyed Wild World the most but that wouldn't really be true either, because I always felt the Animal Crossing games were missing something. I played Wild World since it came out and I liked it. It kept me entertained for years, I don't know how. It wasn't amazing. The graphics were kind of laggy, but the game was old. I had bought the GameCube version and I loved all the events, but I rarely ever played this game. New Leaf is basically all these games together and I am very satisfied with it. I never really get bored. I just found that in City Folk I was just wandering around aimlessly while destroying my grass all day.

I didn't play it that much because the wii isn't as convenient to play everyday and it van be a bit awkward to play with the wii remote

*joke about city fold*

ok these are my favorite ac games in order:

NL, PG, CF, WW

CF is the third. I wouldnt necessarily say cf was a bad game. Hey, it used to be my 2nd favorite! hahaahahahahhaahhahaahaaaaAAAAAH

but there were a lot of flaws, like the grass wear that worked like a damn virus, the patterns, the fact it wasnt handheld

ac is a game best left handheld. I hope they make 4dses so I can burn my eyes out looking into the fourth dimension instead of getting a wiiu for the next ac ok

but I enjoyed it a lot when I played it, though im sure if I went back id be shocked by how bad it was lmao thats how it went for WW with me

Back