• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What represents easter better?

Easter?

• Total voters
Bunnies, of course!
Haven't you heard of snowball before?
10 TBT bells to the first person to get that reference xD

A chick, I don't even know why there's an Easter bunny tbh...
A chick symbolises new beggining, hatching from an egg. Well a rabbit?

Jesus, duh.

Same. Jesus :3
BECAUSE HE IS THE ONE WHO LADE THIS HOLIDAY POSSIBLE!
(I'm not Christian but I went to Christian school so I still think we need to give him some respect instead of just being gluttonous)

The bunny because:
Google search: "why is easter a holiday"
Answer: "Christians who follow the Gregorian calendar will celebrate Easter, the spring holiday that honors the resurrection of Jesus Christ, on Sunday, April 20, according to About.com."

Another Google search: "spring animals"
First image:
images

Last edited:
bunny!! ^.^

- - - Post Merge - - -

A chick, I don't even know why there's an Easter bunny tbh...
A chick symbolises new beggining, hatching from an egg. Well a rabbit?

I believe they chose the rabbit because...

Oh, they're religious all right. Just not christian.
Rabbits and eggs are both symbols of the fertility goddess Eostre/Ishtar/Ostara. Her symbol is also the moon, in which some cultures see a rabbit instead of a face. Eggs also symbolize the moon and are the ultimate symbol of creation and new life. The basket is a symbol of the womb in which this new life is carried.

The feast day is pagan and was widely celebrated way before the time of Jesus. Like pretty much all holidays, it was adopted by Christians to help get more converts. However, since the point is to celebrate new life and the hope of continuance, Christian symbols of a Resurrection day and the old pagan symbols mean the same thing. Just like Christmas, we are all celebrating the same thing, just using different symbols.

Found on Yahoo! Answers
I literally just copied and pasted it.

Yes thats what I was thinking

It's because the poll is asking which of the two better represents Easter; it's not asking what represents Easter the best.

It's like you're at a restaurant and the only two dinner items to order are lasagna and spaghetti, but you want ravioli. It's not on the menu, so you can't choose to have that choice.

Last edited:
Agreed. Chick because after Jesus died for us, we we are new creations. Like the chick, we are born, but it's our second birth.

Jesus all the way! I personally think that an empty tomb or a cross would be the best symbol, but like shayminsky said, the chick.

Back