• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Giveaway [Contest]: The Mystery Contest

If it's not a hint, then Brewster could've poisoned the hotel bar...

Wait... I think the whole "teamwork" thing is a trick.

Mystery, you just said there's only one perpetrator.

Blathers donated his private collection to help Brewster buy the poison!

...The more I think about this, the worse I get...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, that makes sense, but now I'm super-paranoid with all these freebies...

Maybe someone less obvious, like Reese/Cyrus?

Uh... I just realized there could be a reason the police station is filled with axes... Maybe Copper is the killer...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Next to the lucky-charms beach, and... next to town hall? Iiiiiiisssaabbeeelllllee?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Or WAIT. Kapp'n is a Kappa, known for tricking/drowning travelers. The hotel's located by the beach, so...

I have theories for each suspect. Here goes.

Cyrus:The mayor put a new ordinance into effect: bell boom. This made everything really expensive, so no one came to the recycle shop anymore. He and his wife devised a plan to murder the mayor.Reese bought the Axe from Leif, and then gave it to Cyrus. He murdered the mayor, and then ran away. Over time, the villagers began figuring it out, so Cyrus had to off them.

Tom Nook: Tom was mad nobody bought houses anymore in moonlight. So he went to the man responsible: the mayor. He and the mayor got into an argument, and tom ended up beating the mayor to death. Villagers found out, so he offed them

Leif: With the beautiful town ordinance in effect, no weeding needed to be done and no plants needed to be planted. Leif went out of business. He had to take revenge. He grabbed a azaela flower and spiked the mayors drink. When the poison didnt work quick enough, leif hit him with the axe. Villagers caught on, so he murdered them.

Copper: The mayor threw majestic parties and held villager slave trades almost everyday. Copper couldnt take it anymore; The visitor made noise and partied way too hard. So he grabbed an Axe and practiced police brutality on the perpetrator. when villagers found out, he offed them. He hid the evidence at the station.

Last edited:
I have theories for each suspect. Here goes.

Cyrus: Once the mayor put the hotel in place, no one came to the recycle shop anymore. He and his wife devised a plan to murder the mayor.Reese bought the Axe from Leif, and then gave it to Cyrus. He murdered the mayor, and then ran away. Over time, the villagers began figuring it out, so Cyrus had to off them.

Tom Nook: Tom was mad nobody bought houses anymore in moonlight. So he went to the man responsible: the mayor. He and the mayor got into an argument, and tom ended up beating the mayor to death. Villagers found out, so he offed them

Leif: All the visitors in moonlight had trampled the plants in town! Leif had to have revenge. So he started with the mayor, and the then murdered every visitor to the hotel.

Copper: He couldn't clean the town up from dangers to the public! All the hotel visitors made noise and partied way too hard. So he grabbed an Axe and practiced police brutality on the perpetrators. He his the evidence at the station.

Those make sense, but (and I may be mistaken here) Mystery's signature makes it sound like the villagers built the hotel after the mayor's death, and therefore the hotel itself couldn't have been motive for the mayor's murder...

Katrina's in my town today, and that just spiked my theory nerve! I think Katrina actually did have something to do with this. The hotel is next to the lucky-charms beach (the one plastered with clovers) and is on the left side of town, same as the fortune shop...
Also the mayor is possibly superstitious and a regular visitor to the fortune shop (then again, I'm probably just overthinking the dream-catcher above the mayor's bed.)

Hmm...I'll have a dig a little bit more for information in the town to back this up, but from the signature update, Tom Nook seems to be the most suspicious to me. Maybe he killed the mayor in hopes of taking his position which could give him his own gain somehow.

What Mystery doesn't want you to know...

"Banned because I'm done changing it.

(I either made it more helpful or gave some false hints. ) "

- - - Post Merge - - -

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?1545-The-quot-You-re-Banned-quot-Game/page1512

I think Luna did this whole thing.
She took us to the town in the first place...

Interesting idea, I never thought about Luna before. Did you find anything to support Luna being the killer?

The dream catcher in the Mayor's upstairs bedroom (while being a very small detail) could definitely point to Luna or Katrina (possibly both) being involved.

Back