• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Giveaway [Contest]: The Mystery Contest

Myst

[redacted]
Bells
Feedback
100% (21) +
Dream town contest is over but there's a new version! Come play it right here!~

If you are reading this, that would mean you enjoy a bit of a mystery. Well, I have a little challenge for you. If you can figure out the true mystery behind Moonlite, you shall receive a prize. I will not reveal what the prize is nor will I give away any hints but this should get easier over time as I continue to add to the town. This contest will not end fast. It is meant to be more of a long-term thing. You may use this thread to discuss amongst yourselves but there will only be one winner. If you are interested in participating, PM me and I will send you the dream address. The first person to PM me the correct answer will win. May the best dreamer succeed and good luck everyone.

Edit: Please make sure you have room in your inbox when sending me a pm to enter. That is all.

Every week, I will hide a hidden word in one of my posts. This word will not necessarily be in this thread. Just any thread and any post. If you are able to find it, I will allow you to either a) ask me two yes/no questions or b) visit the real town. We all know how my dream town updates are quite infrequent. ;) There will be a new word every Sunday.

There will no longer be anymore hidden words. Good luck everyone...

Next Dream Town Update: June 11
  • Invalid
  • sassystag
  • guiltylove
  • golden moon
  • kurukiio
  • Goldiefc8
  • Chantily
  • franzi
  • Pokebub
  • Meijin Kurito
  • shayminskyforme88
  • animalalicecrossing
  • debinoresu
  • Darumy
  • Togekiss906
  • Froda
  • Susie101
  • rosieiscrossing
  • MissGeeGee
  • tokayseye
  • L. Lawliet
  • Mewmewmewm
  • Hazel_Nut
  • holographicmoon
  • Fancydeals84
  • Swiftstream
  • Yasineyra
  • MintTea
  • tsundere
  • ChalkZoned

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I've been to Moonlite before. I guess it's time to take another trip and make a good, careful observation.

I'd like to join since I've been there before and I still want to figure it out.

May I enter please~? I love a good mystery to try to solve! * v *b This is a really intriguing concept!

Let me just post the essay I wrote while visiting this town, including some early theories.

As you enter the town of Moonlite in your dream, you wake up at the town plaza. Near your bed you can find the policeman outfit and a cop of coffee. Are you a cop who's trying to find out about the strange happenings in the city? You put the clothes on, drink a sip of coffee and start making your way to the station, where every visitors journey starts.
On the right of the station is a kind of labyrinth of trees and traps, leading to the police station. Does that mean that visitors tried to get help from the police but couldn't make it to them? Or did the police try to keep the visitors out on purpose? In front of the station lies a book. You pick it up and take a look into the station. Everything seems normal there. However hard they tried, no one got help from them, it seems. No sign of weird or mystery yet.
You make your way back carefully through the rain, pass the station and arrive at a house that must be the hotel. Near the house stands a girl with messy blue hair, her name is Misery. When we talk to her, she tells us - "A secret is best kept secret."
But we haven't seen anything that should be kept secret yet, so we pick up the drink in front of the hotel and enter.
The first room seems comfortable, like a normal hotel lobby. There's a check in counter near the entrance, a bar in the upper left coner and a sofa plus a low table with food in the upper right corner. The is no "real" light in this room, the only light coming from the christmas tree. Coincidence or purpose?
When we enter the room to the left, it looks less comfortable, but at first there's nothing to strange about it, either. It rather looks like a little bank. Most of the room is covered in white.
When you turn your camera view a bit, you can see that behind a kind of "wall" is another part of the room. There are three black safes, a big white statue of what looks like lion with horns meets fish (probably a zodiac sign, I'll need to look it up), and a laptop on a table.
Confused, we enter the next room.
When you walk across the first room you entered, you come into what looks like a very beautiful hotel room.
On the left, there's a huge white piano, on the upper right and left there are some pink rococo beds and on the right side of the room are a pink rococo sofa aswell as a lily stereo that plays "K.K. Sonate". Everything seems normal, calm, so we enter the next room, the one on the right.
That room is a bathroom. There are multiple sinks, toilets, a bathub and a shower. There's nothing special about it - or does it just seem like that?
The room upstairs looks quite welcoming aswell. There is some striped furniture, aswell as a kitchen in the upper right corner. On the table, there's a turkey.
But when you go downstairs, you start feeling a little chilly.
This room looks like a crazy professor's lab. When you turn the camera ankle by 180 degrees, you can even see a gravestone with a human skeketon lying in front of it. What is happening here? Who works at this weird lab?
You leave the house in order to find out more.
On a quick trip to the beach we discover that there's a lot of four leafed clovers growing there. Weird, what are clover doing at a beach?
As you walk into the direction of the first bridge, you pass a lot of trees with perfect peaches. [I think I've once read that this has some kind of meaning in Japanese culture, but I'll have to look it up.]
In the left corner of the town, there's a heart shaped light and a metal bench. Are these important? I don't know.
When walk across the bridge to the other side of the town, you can see two rows of exactly 12 blue roses. As you continue to walk, a light clock appears near the path you're walking on. Are all these sights just random? Maybe, but probably not.
When you enter Marshal's house, you can see him wearing a white shirt that's covered in blood. Did he just put it on, like every villager sometimes puts on the clothes that are displayed at the Able Sisters, or does he have to do something with the lab at the hotel?
When you walk across the second bridge to take a quick look at the happenings there, you stumble across Lopez, who is also wearing that white shirt that's covered in blood. In front of the modern designed town hall with the flag that's designed like a moon, there are red and white carnations which are surrounding a fountain.
When we cross the second bridge again, we run into Beau, who is wearing the bloody shirt as well. This is no coincidence.
The villagers must have something to do with all these happenings.
Moving on, we discover five lit torches. In front of the first four torches there are fossils burried. Are those bones? Human bones? Did the villagers burry the visitors who dissapeared there?
When we dig up the thing in front of the fifth and last torch, it's a silver axe. That must be the weapon. The victims must have been murdered with this silver axe.
As we carefully walk up to the last house, there are no flowers, no trees, just empty space.
The last villager's house we enter is Fauna's. She is wearing the bloody shirt.
Now it seems more clear. There are 4 villagers covered in blood - Marshal, Lopez, Beau and Fauna. If those bones in front of the torches are human, those are the 4 victims of those 4 villagers. One victim per villager. All murdered with the silver axe.
Did every villager in this town make a deal to murder one of the visitors?
Maybe it's not all that crystal clear yet.
Moving on, we see a female statue that is designed to work as a well, surrounded by violet roses.
Next to it is another house. Compared to the hotel, it's more small-ish. We meet Mystery, the girl from the beginning again, but this time, her hair is neatly done and has a different color. She is also wearing different clothes.
When we talk to her, she tells us "It's a mystery...or is it?"
We'll never know if we don't enter the last house.
As we enter the middle room, we stumble over a pile of leafes. Right next to the entrance there is a figure wearing the detective outfit standing in front of a camera. Is that a detective trying to invastigate the murder? On the left sight of the entrance there is a suitcase. The detective's? Someone else's? The rest of the furniture is rococo, just like the one in the first house, but this time it's the blue/lilac version. We go on to the room on the left.
There are four computers, aswell as a laptop on a table, next to a typing machine. There are some shelves, a huge desk and chair. It looks like a working room. The mayor's room? Was Mystery the mayor of this town? Probably.
Notice how I used was? More on that later.
The room in the North looks like a working room aswell. The walls are almost completly covered in enormous bookshelfes.
In the middle of the room is a huge table, covered in multiple stuff. There's a book, water colors, a letter set and a map. Did Mystery want to re-design the town? Is that why something happened to her? We move on.
In the room to the left there seems to be something like a caf?. On the table in the middle there's a lot of sweets like a chocolate cake, a chocolate fountain and a chocolate heart. Behind a counter in the upper right corner stands a figure that must be a waitress. Still normal.
When we go upstairs, the room looks beautiful at first. But as we go to the back of the room, we discover a bloody pillow in front of a figure that's dressed like a typical mayor. [- it dosen't have to be the mayor tho, because if Mystery was the mayor, wouldn't it be easier to dress the figure like her?]
Next to the bloody pillow, there is a little bottle - poison maybe? But if someone was poisoned here, why the bloody pillow? [Not sure, maybe someone - the figure - didn't want to take a risk and murdered the mayor violently aswell?]
The last room is the one downstairs. The only thing that really bugs me about it is the set of watercolors in the middle of the room.

- - - Post Merge - - -

[Continued] What is it doing there? It was in that room with the huge bookshelfes before, on the same table as that plan/map. Was it removed from there? Maybe to stop anyone from changing anything in the town, going with my vague theory from earlier?

It's just the few theories that came to my mind while visiting the town for the first time. I'll look up some of the things of which I think may have a deeper/ hidden meaning behind them throughout the day and see where I get with them.

oh, wait, one more question. are we allowed to pm a cobclusion more than once?

Back