SockHead

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
0671-3460-7238
Weird Doll
Anyone get this game yet? I'm loving what I've been playing so far. I'm a Level 7 Wood Elf going for staffs and bows for weapons, and cooking and clothing for crafts. (woodworking on the side) I also bought the Imperial addition so I've got crabs.

Last edited:
I love Skyrim and Oblivion. But ESO is waaaaaaay expensive. I can't pay that much every month. Disappointed that Bethesda went with the monthly payment strategy. :c I want some Adventuring and arrow to the knees going on.

It came out already I have to buy it but I am pretty sure there is a pirated version that is free

It came out already I have to buy it but I am pretty sure there is a pirated version that is free

How does one pirate an MMO? I know you could do it to WoW because od unofficial servers, but h-how?
You need an account to log in.

I got into the closed Beta but spent my entire designated weekend downloading it? The file size was massive and the downloader and installer kept crashing, couldn't be my pc as to get into the Beta my pc had to meet the system requirements- which it exceeded...

Now it is way too expensive- ?80 to get the game plus ?9 (? Not sure different sources say different figures) each month, way too much for me right now... Plus I don't like MMORPGs...

Nah. I made the mistake of entering my real birth date and got IP blocked, so I'll have to wait another 2 years. .

i wish i could play it so much but i refuse to pay ?40 for a game and then an extra ?9 a month because it's just to expensive

My fiance is obsessed with it- I personally just find myself fishing...
Maybe I just haven't found the right thing to do in it but I liked skyrim or even WoW better.

World of Warcraft has spoiled me in the MMO realm.

I know people kick and scream about it, but since the start they've mastered how to make it the most time consuming while simultaneously being really really fun. I've tried a bunch of other MMO's and find them to fall really flat either because they're emulating what WoW does and doing a worst job, or trying too hard NOT to be WoW and failing as a game because of it.

I've only heard negative things abotu ESO. Which is a drag, I really wanted it to be amazing. I'd still try it if people can convince me it's great, I'm a sucker. A friend got me to try both FFXI and FFXIV (and man did I hate both).

I agree the price is very hefty buuut I'm a huge ES fan so I just had to get it. I only payed for a month and I'll see where I am at the end of said month. If I'm still enjoying it, I guess I'll buy more time but if not.. im ****d right?

Happy to hear a positive impression! I've only heard really bad things about it :'[ I was quite disappoint. I really loved Oblivion and Skyrim and was totes set to Khajiit it up.

If I do play, I'd probably wait until it's officially out... As far as I know, it's still in beta, yes? .o.

It's a full game now, although it's going through the hick-ups of MMO's on release. Still having a lot of fun with it. Got my cooking up to 20 but I need new recipes!!

World of Warcraft has spoiled me in the MMO realm.

I know people kick and scream about it, but since the start they've mastered how to make it the most time consuming while simultaneously being really really fun. I've tried a bunch of other MMO's and find them to fall really flat either because they're emulating what WoW does and doing a worst job, or trying too hard NOT to be WoW and failing as a game because of it.

I've only heard negative things abotu ESO. Which is a drag, I really wanted it to be amazing. I'd still try it if people can convince me it's great, I'm a sucker. A friend got me to try both FFXI and FFXIV (and man did I hate both).

This pretty much. I always end up going back to WoW

I haven't really looked into it much, but tbh I enjoy Oblivion and Skyrim too much to see the Elder Scrolls series as anything more than single-player heh. That and it was really disappointing when they announced the Imperial edition, and the fact that they chose to make the Imperials only available in the special edition. :( They should include all races playable in the base game imo >.<

I've finally decided that once I finish my final exam in June I'm going to walk/drive/catch a bus into town and buy this from GAME. The standard edition isn't as expensive as I thought- I don't play as Imperials so I don't need the Imperial Edition- and if I enjoy it I'll just ask for some time cards for my Birthday...
I surrendered after watching my BF's older brother playing this with his friends :p

acc2cc02a1be3a9177b380d7aa05e1548c98b8d5452d508d3faab78be05257f8.jpg
Sorry. Just saw this thread and reminded me of this picture so I had to.
I won't blame anyone for hating me for this. >.>

Last edited:
Console users are going to have to wait another 6 months to get their hands on ESO...
Elder Scrolls Online said:
We continue to work on the console versions of ESO, and game development has been progressing steadily, but we are still working to solve a series of unique problems specific to those platforms. Integrating our systems with each console manufacturer?s networks?which are both different from the PC/Mac system as well as different from each other?has been a challenging process. It has become clear that our planned June release of the console versions isn?t going to be possible. Though we have made great progress, we have concluded that we?ll need about six months to ensure we deliver the experience our fans expect and deserve.
http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/08/eso-on-consoles--update
^Read the above link for more info^

My PC copy arrived yesterday, I was surprised to see that I got the Explorers pack alongside it though since I thought that was pre-order only? Either way I now have to wait until the end of June to start playing due to exams but at least its here!

Back