• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

So GLAD ACNL saves to it's cartridge : Just a rant.

Sara

Butterfly
Bells
Cake
3 Envelopes
So I haven't played animal crossing in a while. Been busy. I took out the cartridge and let my brother borrow my 3ds. When I got it back today I realized I had made a grave mistake. He decided it would be hilarious to reset my entire 3ds. All the way back to factory settings. I lost all my street pass people! GRRR I am so mad.

Lesson I learned here, don't let anyone borrow it again.

I just needed to rant a little. Sorry.

Your brother is really mean. So does that mean that your town is still safe?

My town is safe...the only thing I lost were my street pass people on my DS. Thankfully I didn't have Street pass houses in animal crossing or I probably would of lost those. I plan on paying him back tonight when I play on his COD game. lol

actually no, wreak havoc on his COD game. Not just for revenge, but to teach him a lesson on playing COD.

Teach your little brother about proper respect with other peoples video games. Educate him on the importance of it all and stuff.

Like 8 years ago I had my Pokemon Silver erased by my neighbor's kid who was about 5-6 at the time. I had ~220 or so guys. Back in the day without internet trading that was a huge accomplishment.

Like 8 years ago I had my Pokemon Silver erased by my neighbor's kid who was about 5-6 at the time. I had ~220 or so guys. Back in the day without internet trading that was a huge accomplishment.
Had the same experience, but with my brother also around 8 years ago. He deleted my FireRed. All my hours of work into it got flushed down the drain :( I even completed the Kanto Pokedex there.

I know how to feels to lose things you've worked hard on. Had the same experience when my family babysat 2 kids, one a 4 year old, one an 8 year old with A.D.D. I warned them several times not to touch my brand new 3ds, which was kept in my room that was off-limits. About a day or so later, I open up my 3ds to pictures of the 4 year old, and my save files I had for years on Spirit Tracks both completely wiped.

So just let the kid get away with it? Hell, show him what it feels like and snap the disc, lol.

Like, no joke, make sure he's sleeping and smother him with a pillow. :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ok, kind of a joke. Still, though.

My first reaction was that I would have chopped his head off...but honestly, I don't think you should take revenge. He thought it would be funny, but probably wasn't trying to be super evil. Set an example by moving on gracefully, and then just don't let him borrow your stuff again until he's earned your respect again.

Goodness growing up my brother would ALWAYS try to borrow my games that only had one save file so of course I would tell him no and kindly explain why but then he would get home from school before me because he was younger and ask my mom to get my games off the shelves he couldn't reach and deleted all of my files off of all of my games T-T

But yes your brother is a butt and you shouldn't get revenge by doing the same thing back to him. What you do is you make a point of not trusting him with your things to show him he messed up and don't go out of your way for him or anything but don't be mean like that's just going to make him want to mess with you more.

How old is he, though?
Revenge would just be cruel if he's young. (And jesus christ some of you are protective.)

Last edited:
Back