• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Play after the Nintendo Wi-Fi Closure!

Caffeine Coffee

こんいちわ!To
Bells
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Compatible with: Wii, Wii U
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH: Wii Mini
wiimmfi-light.png

___
Welcome to this thread! I will be showing you how to play after the Wi-Fi Closure.
black-line.jpg

Preserve your FC
___
To preserve your FC, you must have added someone, then do these steps.

Step 1.
Get onto the Web Formula page here.

Step 2.
Type in your FC and the game code (in this case Animal Crossing: Let's Go To The City/City Folk will be RUU(J/P/E).

Step 3.
Click Submit and wait 24 hours.

Step 4.
You can now access the WiiMMFi using one of the methods.

black-line.jpg

Method 1: With a USB Loader
No video available!
Make sure you have:
- A USB (8GB or more)
- A laptop
- A SD Card
- Wii Backup Manager, you can download it here.
- A Wii with homebrew available. If you don't have homebrew, please read here how to get homebrewed.
- USB Loader (I would recommend GX), watch a video to get it here
- WiiMMfi Patcher (download here)
black-line.jpg

Step 1.
Insert your AC:LGTTC/CF disc into your Wii.

Step 2.
Enter USB Loader GX, via the Wii Menu or the Homebrew Channel.

Step 3.
When it tells you to plug in your USB, please plug in your blank FAT32/NTFS/WBSF USB.

Step 4.
When you have entered in the USB Loader GX Menu, please press the plus sign on the bottom left corner.

Step 5.
Confirm that you are installing AC:LGTTC/CF and let it install. (if it freezes, make sure you have a legit copy and not a backup, make sure that it's clean.)

Step 6.
Once finished copying, turn off your Wii and unplug your USB.

Step 7.
Now get on your USB and go on the Wii Backup Manager.

Step 8.
Select Drive 1 on Wii Backup Manager, then select your USB Drive where your USB is plugged (aka. J:).

Step 9.
Checkmark your AC:CF/LGTTC game and select Transfer to ISO

Step 10.
Save it wherever you want. Wait for it to save.

Step 11.
If not, extract the wiimmfi-patcher.zip folder. Then move your iso to that folder (not the ZIP).

Step 12.
Now, once your iso has been moved. Click on create-image.bat (or something similar) and wait for it to finish.

Step 13.
Afterwards, click on WiiMMfi-Images, and you can find your patched iso.

Step 14.
Go back on your Wii Backup Manager and click on Files (instead of Drive 1)

Step 15.
Click Add, and then the files option, redirect to the WiiMMfi Images folder and click on your patched iso.

Step 16.
Click Transfer, and then to Drive 1. Wait for it to finish.

Step 17.
Unplug your USB (you are unable to eject it). And go plug your USB stick back into the Wii.

Step 18.
Go back to USB Loader, and play AC:LGTTC/CF with no worries! Play with your friends! ^0^

black-line.jpg

Method 2 - The non patching method
What do you need!
- Wii with Homebrew
- AC:CF/LGTTC Disc
- Auto WiiMMfi Patcher (download here)
- SD Card
black-line.jpg

Step 1.
Go on your PC, and extract the Patcher into your SD Card.

Step 2.
Insert your SD Card into the SD Slot on the Wii.

Step 3.
Go on the Homebrew Channel.

Step 4.
Run the WiiMMfi Auto Patcher.

Step 5.
Insert your Animal Crossing disc.

Step 6.
It shall now load! You must do Step 3 - 6 in order if you want to play online now!

black-line.jpg

Enjoy playing online! This is 100% secure and is endorsed with MrBean35000VR and other custom developers!
___
Error Codes you should know!

Banning Systems
Error Code 23901 - Your profile is temporary banned.
Error Code 23902 - Your profile is permanently banned.
Error Code 23903 - Your console is temporary banned.
Error Code 23904 - Your console is permanently banned.
Not Supported Systems
Error Code 23911 - The game isn't supported (although Animal Crossing is supported).
Error Code 23914 - Your console is unknown.
Login Systems
Error Code 23921 - Login is failed.
Error Code 23922 - Illegal HTTP Header
Error Code 23923 - Missing Login Parameter
Error Code 23924 - Invalid Login Parameter
Error Code 23925 - Unknown Login Actions
Maintenance Systems
Error Code 23931 - Under Maintenance, nothing wrong ;)
Error Code 23932 - Server is full, try again later.
Error Code 23933 - Database Error

If you have any Login Systems errors, please post it here.

Last edited:
does the first method still work WITHOUT Homebrew?

Somehow I feel like this is some sort of hack or something we aren't supposed to know about or do...

Aww man! My uncle homebrewed my Wii when I first got it, but I told him to get it off because I didn't like it (and it was doing illegal stuff), so if I asked him to do it again he'd get mad and wouldn't do it. Plus, I don't wanna go through all that trouble again, just for a few games. Well, I guess I won't be using this. :( It'll be good for everyone else, though! :)

Homebrewing isn't illegal. It's basically like jailbreaking your iPhone, which is currently legal.
Downloading Wii isos and putting them onto USB is illegal.

For security reasons, Id rather I didnt.

Homebrewing isn't illegal. It's basically like jailbreaking your iPhone, which is currently legal.
Downloading Wii isos and putting them onto USB is illegal.

Well, my uncle was downloading games on for free. Even if that isn't illegal, I feel uncomfortable with it and I want to support Nintendo. Plus, my motionplus games weren't working, so that's why I had it taken off. Anyways, there's no Internet or Settings option when I select the bottom left Wii Options button, so at step 1 I've already failed.

Last edited:
Well, my uncle was downloading games on for free. Even if that isn't illegal, I feel uncomfortable with it and I want to support Nintendo. Plus, my motionplus games weren't working, so that's why I had it taken off. Anyways, there's no Internet or Settings option when I select the bottom left Wii Options button, so at step 1 I've already failed.

I'm gonna revamp the tutorial. BTW, do you have a Wii or Wii Mini?

Oh yeah! I've heard of this before, mostly from several other forums. I have lots of good memories of my experiences with the Wi-fi Connection service, and it's honestly a shame it finally had to end. Hopefully this project will help it live on for at least a while longer! The only qualm I have with it, though, is having to use homebrew for it. Mainly cause I really don't want my Wii to end up bricked, but otherwise, more power to those who do choose to use this. :)

Oh yeah! I've heard of this before, mostly from several other forums. I have lots of good memories of my experiences with the Wi-fi Connection service, and it's honestly a shame it finally had to end. Hopefully this project will help it live on for at least a while longer! The only qualm I have with it, though, is having to use homebrew for it. Mainly cause I really don't want my Wii to end up bricked, but otherwise, more power to those who do choose to use this. :)

If you don't want to mess around with your Wii (aka. Installing Themes (etc.)) then there is a 98.5% chance to not get your Wii bricked, as long as you download right Homebrew installation and more. You will not brick.

Check YouTube and follow it one by one. My Wii never got bricked.
http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_setup

Caffeine Cafe - this is great work!

I, personally am not that interested in playing after the Wi-Fi closure because all I used to play is Mario Kart Wii, but this looks amazing! (Plus, I'm not very good at this kind of stuff. :p) I wish I got the chance to play before it closed down, but sadly I forgot.

Back