• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Disney or Nickelodeon?

Disney or nickelodeon?

• Disney

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • nickelodeon

Votes: 29 50.0%

• Total voters
I haven't liked anything out of disney for quite a bit. Disney XD is where funny and quirky go to die. There were/are a few good animated shows like Gravity Falls and The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The live-action ones are soul-crushingly terrible.

Cartoon Network was the BEST channel when I was a kid. Mainly because of Teen Titans, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Labs, Power Puff Girls. But now all of the shows on CN are mostly kid shows without creativity(exception is Adventure Time and Regular Show) take Teen Titans Go for example, it puts the Teen Titan franchise to shame. No creativity in terms of story telling what so ever. Steven Universe isn't really good. Spongebob is the only good cartoon left. I only watch Disney because of Kick Buttowski and Phineas and Ferb. I feel that Disney and CN lost passion for cartoons. They're all in it for the money now.

Last edited:
I'd have to go with Nickelodeon since I grew up with it as a kid. The shows they have today are okay but their shows were such much better back them like Ren & Stimpy, Rocko's Modern Live ect

It was hard, but I picked Nickelodeon. While I like more Disney shows than Nick shows, the few Nick shows I like I like BETTER.

I don't care for either, but if I had to choose, it would be Disney. Mainly because they show Harry Potter and Disney movies on occasion.

Cartoon Network was the BEST channel when I was a kid. Mainly because of Teen Titans, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Labs, Power Puff Girls.

I'm guessing you don't have/know about the channel Boomerang? It has Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, even shows before those.

Disney, hands down. I grew up watching Disney / Family channel. One of my favourite shows was That's So Raven. She's such a funny actress. I love my Disney.

Nick, nick, nick, n, n, n, nick, nickelodeon!

I only watched Nick for avatar, but they switched it to nicktoons. But, I feel like Disney has all around better shows.

FOX AND CARTOON NETWORK<3
but out of these nickelodeon
Rugrats<3 my childhood

my favorite childhood show is spongebob, but i like most of the disney shows (back then, not so much now)

Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life, The Amanda Show, Mister Meaty, etc...
Kim Possible and Suite Life were probably the only good Disney shows. They're both terrible now, but at least Nick used to have good shows.
(scattered thoughts warning)
My problem with Nick is that those shows were great.. when I was a baby.
They stopped airing them when I was growing up, and that's exactly why I didn't count them. I never really watched Angry Beavers or Mister Meaty, but Amanda Show was one of my favorites (on Nick, but Nick shows never reached the Top 5 or 10 for "best childhood shows".

Now, watching 90s Are All That on TeenNick, I look back on both channels and say "well, which one's better"

then I turn to the High School Musical poster on my wall and immediately know why I picked Disney again. Their movies. Like High School Musical, Camp Rock, Cheetah Girls... Even their newer movies like Let It Shine and Geek Charming were pretty good. What movie did Nickelodeon produce? The Last Airbender, that one other movie that tried to beat Let It Shine and failed...

Speaking of The Last Airbender, I never really liked the show "Avatar: The Last Airbender" until I was a teenager.

OH AND HOW COULD I FORGET PLAYHOUSE DISNEY VS NICK JR??

They both suck now but I guess I have some sort of bias towards nickelodeon

Rugrats and Cat&Dog were the best. Like holy **** it brings nostalgia.

Nick is actually good. CN and Disney now has bad management.

Disney.

Because Disney had shows like That's So Raven, Lizzie McGuire, Hannah Montana, Kim Possible, Phil of the Future..

Nickelodeon? They had Drake and Josh. Spongebob, too, I guess..
Those were the days...
I liked Nickelodeon when they had shows like Hey Arnold, Catdog, Rugrats, Rocket Power, Invader Zim, Angry Beavers, Doug, etc. Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob are the only two shows from Nick's glory days that survived, but FOP sucks now

Last edited:
Nickelodeon always had the best shows. Grew up always watching Rugrats before school. Hey Arnold, Doug, Catdog. The list goes on. I still watch Spongebob on my lazy days and when I just want to put something on to sleep, and can quote just about every episode.

Back