• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Thoughts on... selfies..

CR33P

Bells
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
Cake
May Birthstone (Emerald)
What are your opinions on this? I find it okay every once in a while. However, when somebody does it whenever they do a TINY THING it drives me NUTS!!
oh and don't even get me started on the mirror

LOL. Me and my older friend take about 40 every time we see each other. But then we delete them.

It`s too much space :)

I think that when someone takes a selfie, it means that they have the self-confidence to post a picture of themselves, for everyone to see and comment on.

But taking too many could be annoying, I see where your point comes from.

Well let me tell you. I have at least an essay coming up in this so you'd best-

BUT FIRST.
LEMME TAKE A SELFIE

I don't really enjoy looking at people's selfies. I like taking them though, sometimes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Like that's me in my avatar. #admittance #selfie

- - - Post Merge - - -

#nofilter

You can't blame people for posting their selfies on each and every one tiny activity they do eg: Fetching my bro *selfies with the same background in the car like the rest of going to work, going to school, going home, going date, going....*

Still you can choose not to look at it or block them lol

I've never taken a selfie. I don't care how people want to spend their lives. If they like their appearance, good for them. Take as many pictures as you want. The only thing that irritates me is when people post pictures of themselves and say they're ugly. If they truly believed that, they wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

I've never taken a selfie. I don't care how people want to spend their lives. If they like their appearance, good for them. Take as many pictures as you want. The only thing that irritates me is when people post pictures of themselves and say they're ugly. If they truly believed that, they wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

this girl on fb did that so i said, "yeah i think you're right"

she unfriended me lol

Last edited:

lol~luckily I have not seen anyone like this in my fb or else I gonna say "finally you realize it huh?xD"

I don't care how many people want to take, as long as I'm not getting spammed with them somehow. Personally, I'm not confident enough. The only reason I bother taking pictures is because my boyfriend lives far away, and even then, it's almost like a twice a year thing. I really, really don't like taking pictures of myself.

THIS THIS THIS

- - - Post Merge - - -

this girl on fb did that so i said, "yeah i think you're right"

she unfriended me lol

lmfao i bet she never pulled that **** again

Now that you mention it. Yeah for every little thing it is kind of annoying, haha.

There's people in my school who posts 398039801 selfies on Facebook and instagram. They photo shop their eyes to make it bigger and photo shop their bodies to make them look thinner, and they're so horrible at photo shopping too. LOL

idk I dont get it and I only take a "selfie" if I want to show online friends my ugly mug but like its their face I guess so they can take as many pictures of it as they want.

I hate people who take photos on bathroom mirrors with their butt sticking out, then captioning it with 'single' .

*cringes*

get out, no one wants yo ugly butt.

I hate people who take photos on bathroom mirrors with their butt sticking out, then captioning it with 'single' .

*cringes*

get out, no one wants yo ugly butt.
That.

Selfies are acceptable on very few occasions. I think the best kind are in those where they take one a day for a year or so and make it into a video.

Very true! That's one of my biggest peeves with selfies, because nine times out of ten it's just for the sake of milking compliments from your looks, which for me seems shallow, but also odd because i'd rather receive compliments from doing productive things/achievements ect.

I don't take selfies simply because I don't feel the need. People know I have a face. I don't need to update my face every so often. I can do much more productive things than spend time taking my camera out, taking photos of my face and then posting it up online. Plus, who knows who will see your selfies online. There's a bunch of creepers out there, y'know.

Back