• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Megaphone is derp

Fuchsia never listens to me. I rarely use that ****ty thing though, but when I tried for a little while, Fang and Freya got each other confused and the game literally cannot register Fuchsia.

I managed to get her attention ONCE. By saying "Fuch-SEE-a" or something to that effect. And then it never worked again. :|

And it can't be used on main street or when you have visitors over

It's literally worthless

Fuchsia never listens to me. I rarely use that ****ty thing though, but when I tried for a little while, Fang and Freya got each other confused and the game literally cannot register Fuchsia.

I managed to get her attention ONCE. By saying "Fuch-SEE-a" or something to that effect. And then it never worked again. :|

And it can't be used on main street or when you have visitors over

It's literally worthless

It works fine for me. I only have a problem calling Joan! And why would I want to do that anyway. Turnips never give me money!

My megaphone works perfectly. Maybe because all my villagers have relatively easy names to say/pronounce. Sometimes when I saw Kabuki I get Kappn' or Katie though but other than that it works fine. I use my megaphone all the time... it's sooo useful when doing chores or finding people who are about to move.

I forgot the megaphone was a thing @w@'' I should use it more... I cabineted it after feeling really awkward yelling at my DS in public, lol...

When it does work it's definitely a handy tool :] Those crafty villagers can be tough to find, even when they're not playing hide and seek with you!

Pekoe always thinks I'm saying her name when I'm calling Skye. Other than that I don't think I've had much trouble with it.

I kept calling for skye and muffy answered instead ?\_(ツ)_/?

I did the Wildcat thing from Highschool Musical, and Kid Cat responded.

"Who is a WILDCAT?!"
KidCat: "Yo was anybody calling me?"

Kapp'n says "Gar?" Most of the time.

LOL Just on Club Tortimer, and the other player argued when I said the voice recognition sucks. It really does. Why does it suck? Because after 15 months I have yet to get Sahara to respond once to her actual name! The only time she ever responds to me is when I say "Sara-ha-ha" or "Sara-la-di-da". They didn't put in enough variation to account for regional accents. It's been going on since the DS when my poor friend couldn't get Brain Age to recognize the word "blue". She'd say "blue", and it wouldn't recognize it! She'd say it again, and again, and again, finally swearing at the thing, which still wouldn't recognize her! I'd say "blue" it would recognize me, but not her!

LOL Just on Club Tortimer, and the other player argued when I said the voice recognition sucks. It really does. Why does it suck? Because after 15 months I have yet to get Sahara to respond once to her actual name! The only time she ever responds to me is when I say "Sara-ha-ha" or "Sara-la-di-da". They didn't put in enough variation to account for regional accents. It's been going on since the DS when my poor friend couldn't get Brain Age to recognize the word "blue". She'd say "blue", and it wouldn't recognize it! She'd say it again, and again, and again, finally swearing at the thing, which still wouldn't recognize her! I'd say "blue" it would recognize me, but not her!
Check the date.

My megaphone refuses to recognize Joan. I'm sitting there screaming JOAAAAN into my DS and my parents think I'm going crazy. It apparently can't recognize 'Tia' either, I'll call for Tia and Kapp'n answers...

C'mon Nintendo :p

Haha. I noticed this with Avery, I have to pronounce his name with a short 'a' like Ahh-very for him to respond. Papi is also weird, I have to pronounce his as Pappy but I have always pronounced it as 'paw-pi'

whenever I ask for my villagers kapp'n always responds. yeah I hate the megaphone. I use it to find katie but kapp'n always responds.

Both my megaphone in my old town and my megaphone in my current town work. In my first town, though, my megaphone was derpy the first couple weeks or so that I had it. It constantly confused Ruby and Rooney, which I can forgive since they sound similar, and once it thought I was trying to call a snowman instead of Spork. What the hell?

I don't like the megaphone, it's kind of useful but I don't use it haha.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i don't even know what i just said...

Back