• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anyone play Harvest Moon?

Poppyann

Lover of rabbits
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
April Birthstone (Diamond)
So I ordered Harvest Moon: A New Beginning yesterday, which should come tomorrow. Im pretty excited to play; it looks cute~ I've heard the intro is really long though x.x

Does anybody play? Does it have any online features? :3

I played A Wonderful Life, and I absolutely loved it. I should pick up that series again. ;-;

yea, I used to play it all the time, but I thought the most recent games were boring so I stopped. My favorite one is FoMT, or Friends of Mineral Town. I also enjoy Rune Factory.

I played it and absolutely loved it! It is amazingly cute, I hope you enjoy it!

Harvest moon ds cute
Harvest moon sunshine islands
Harvest moon grande bazaar
Harvest moon magical melody (i don't play this one since I got the wii version where you can't play as a girl... I haven't had time to sell it and get the gamecube version to use with the wii)

I love the harvest moon series<3 I'm not sure whether to get the newest one or not because I heard a few bad things about it and got put off ~ maybe I'll buy it still...

I used to play Harvest Moon, but then Rune Factory appeared;p I'm not sure if I ever play any again, it's just not the same...

Last edited:
I absolutely loved Friends of Mineral Town as a kid, and I still play it occasionally on an emulator. I also played some more recent games, but unfortunately they don't please as much as FoMT did, which is kinda sad.

yea, I used to play it all the time, but I thought the most recent games were boring so I stopped. My favorite one is FoMT, or Friends of Mineral Town. I also enjoy Rune Factory.

I really want to play RF, but we can't get it here in the EU ._.

I played it and absolutely loved it! It is amazingly cute, I hope you enjoy it!

I hope I do too c:

Harvest moon ds cute
Harvest moon sunshine islands
Harvest moon grande bazaar
Harvest moon magical melody (i don't play this one since I got the wii version where you can't play as a girl... I haven't had time to sell it and get the gamecube version to use with the wii)

I love the harvest moon series<3 I'm not sure whether to get the newest one or not because I heard a few bad things about it and got put off ~ maybe I'll buy it still...

What did you hear about it? o:

YES! I played it before I got ACNL.
Fact: I have every Animal Crossing
But I dont play it a lot anymore, animal crossing is my main game.

I've played all of the games in the Harvest Moon franchise except for the one with all of the T's (I think it's TTOT). Started playing when I was 4-5, and I still am. Not recently though, as I don't have my Wii, GC, or DS anymore. I play Rune Factory as a substitute.

I played Harvest Moon Boy and Girl! The soundtrack is just giving me nostalgia! Ahhhhhhhhhh!

It used to be my main game before I got ACNL. It's a great game and I'm sure you'll love it!

It has online features and I think they're pretty fun~ I used to play with some really awesome people back then, but now I don't know where to find them and I miss them. ; w; We kept in contact via Swapnotes spotpass, but now that's gone so... ; w;

The long intro is basically almost a month long tutorial mode. After that the game really picks up. It wasn't so bad in my opinion, but I played a looong time after that so that intro became forgotten. xD If you need any help send me a message and I can trade you some pretty useful stuff. :3

It's pretty good. I have framerate issues with mine (may be a digital copy issue). The introduction's very long, and there are annoying cutscenes that play everyday that you might want to avoid. But it's got a lot of content in it.

I've purchased a New Beginning, but I haven't gotten past summer yet. Picking Harvest Moon up after leaving it so long is impossible for me to do...

My favorite Harvest Moons were the ones for the Wii: ToT and Animal Parade. Candice is my go to girl, but Kathy was alright too.
If I go back to the game, I'd probably go for Selena.

Harvest Moon is a lovely game, I picked it up after Christmas. My only issue is the put down pick up thing. Once you put it down for a while, it's hard to pick it back up again. So keep playing it and remember what you were doing.

Is that because all your crops die or you just can't remember what you were doing?? o:

The game doesn't run in real time like Animal Crossing.

So why does that make it hard to pick up after a while? Also, because it doesn't run in real time, can you just water a few crops and then sleep to make time go quicker? Would this make the tutorial go faster?~

Back