Guide of suggested median prices for collectibles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flop sold one (it was a 2013 feather) for 30k, I believe. Possibly more. [link]

...And the other - yeah, something along the lines of 192929 DL codes. :p

that is one pricey pixel! I guess i'll just try my luck in next year's fair if they host another one.

To the Admins.......I know all your arguments for not making this thread a sticky..... but surely if you add a disclaimer that the content of said thread is not sanctioned by the Forum...it would be the sensible thing to do. You can see by the sheer volumn of viewers that it is possibly now the most looked at thread in the marketplace, and it is not just a case of people bookmarking it, because new members are discovering it daily and finding the information invaluable. When you look at the quality of numerous threads in the marketplace that serve little purpose apart from taking up space, but you are now imposing penalties on those bumping one of the most useful threads in existence, it seems there could be a hidden agenda. If the admins do not like this thread, please come out and say so giving legitimate reasons, otherwise wouldn't the obvious thing to now do be make it a sticky with staff claiming no responsibility for the price suggestions.

Yes, I obviously don't agree with Jas0n. And I'm not sure why after almost a year that this thread has been around, they're deciding to take action now, aren't there better things to regulate on the forums besides give warnings to people who bump this thread with the intention of helping other people.

He complains that there are pages of bumps, but it's because we don't want to have stupid pointless conversations like the restocked stickied thread has. The pages of bumps are even spaced HOURS apart and mods, specifically ZR388, said that is fine~

BiggKitty said:
but you are now imposing penalties on those bumping one of the most useful threads in existence, it seems there could be a hidden agenda

Calling out bumps as spam to shut down this thread sounds like a big boatload of BS to me.

Last edited:
217 was a magic number. Now that we are passed 217 we are safe again. At least until the next magic number.

Yes, I obviously don't agree with Jas0n. And I'm not sure why after almost a year that this thread has been around, they're deciding to take action now, aren't there better things to regulate on the forums besides give warnings to people who bump this thread with the intention of helping other people.

He complains that there are pages of bumps, but it's because we don't want to have stupid pointless conversations like the restocked stickied thread has. The pages of bumps are even spaced HOURS apart and mods, specifically ZR388, said that is fine~

Calling out bumps as spam to shut down this thread sounds like a big boatload of BS to me.

I understand your opinions on this thread, and I do believe that this thread is helpful, but I have to agree with the mods here. I'm probably guessing that for now on, if any new member has a hard time understanding the prices, you may have to start making links to this thread.

It's still okay to bump request threads and shop threads (like the buying/selling threads) like that, but I think this thread is better for debating on price changes like that villager popularity thread in the VTP.

I understand your opinions on this thread, and I do believe that this thread is helpful, but I have to agree with the mods here. I'm probably guessing that for now on, if any new member has a hard time understanding the prices, you may have to start making links to this thread.

It's still okay to bump request threads and shop threads (like the buying/selling threads) like that, but I think this thread is better for debating on price changes like that villager popularity thread in the VTP.

The popularity thread is stickied and states that the prices are just a range and you don't necessarily need to follow it. I see the same thing here but that is my personal opinion.

The popularity thread is stickied and states that the prices are just a range and you don't necessarily need to follow it. I see the same thing here but that is my personal opinion.

I was referring to the purpose of contributing to the threads. Both guides are very helpful though.

It just seems hypocritical that he says bumping = spam yet i see many threads that violate this "ruling"

ie:
1)People who sell collectibles but only want PM offers, so their whole thread is basically bumps.

2)OC art request threads

3)Shops where no one is interested in but the owner keeps bumping it anyways in hopes of getting 1 person to buy their art, items, collectibles, etc

4) All the people bumping their threads that are looking to buy a rare collectible.

It just seems like this thread is the only one being discriminated against, and for what reason? i dunno.

Anyways, the overlords don't listen to us peasants so nothing I can do except occasionally come here and make some pointless remark about pricing.

Last edited:
It just seems hypocritical that he says bumping = spam yet i see many threads that violate this "ruling"

ie:
1)People who sell collectibles but only want PM offers, so their whole thread is basically bumps.

2)OC art request threads

3)Shops where no one is interested in but the owner keeps bumping it anyways in hopes of getting 1 person to buy their art, items, collectibles, etc

4) All the people bumping their threads that are looking to buy a rare collectible.

It just seems like this thread is the only one being discriminated against, and for what reason? i dunno.

Anyways, the overlords don't listen to us peasants so nothing I can do except occasionally come here and make some pointless remark about pricing.

I think the reason being is because those threads are not discussion threads and are allowed by the mods to bump, but they treat this thread as a discussion thread.

Last edited:
I think the reason being is because those threads are not discussion threads and are allowed by the mods to bump, but they treat this thread as a discussion thread.

that makes no sense, it shouldnt matter what type of thread it is, the rules should apply to ALL threads not just certain types.

Last edited:
Hmm. I had no idea what you guys were talking about, then I poked about a bit, and now I see the "controversy." :)

Well, I agree, it's a bit weird, since when this thread started back in the day, we all requested a sticky. And the response from powers that be were, we're not going to sticky it, bump it to keep it relevant if you want. (Or am I not remembering things correctly?)

Anyways, we'll just have to make relevant posts to keep it on the first few pages! There's been a lot of fluctuations, feathers dropping then popping upwards, peaches going nuts... We should all help Lassy out by reporting back what we see (she's a busy university student after all), and that in itself would probably keep this guide up.

Last edited:
I think the peaches are 4K TBT now.

If you want to spend in in-game Bells for a peach collectible at our current rate, that's 400 million IG bells! Wow!

Last edited:
Hey guys I'm looking into this and talking to Jason about it right now, he'll post something to clarify in a bit.

My reasoning behind stopping the bumping is pretty simple.

This thread is already relevant. There is plenty of discussion to be had amongst the fluctuating price of collectibles and there is no need for it to be bumped. In my personal opinion, the only thing bumping is doing is hurting the thread as a whole. The sheer number of bumps hides any potential quality conversation and discourages further conversation from arising. This all falls under our post quality rules on the forum -- the forum in its entirety abides by a post quality ruling to keep the site interesting and engaging for users to read.

The reason for other threads not being punished under these guidelines is also quite simple. Threads that are shops are not discussion, there is no potential for quality content to be found there. Those threads are simply offering a service, people only need to read the main post to get the information they need and can organise things from there on out. Those threads in fact need to be bumped to avoid spam of multiple of the same threads being made to make them visible on those forums. In that situation, bumping is saving the forum from excess posts which degrade the quality of content on the website.

While yes, this thread is useful to new members and old members alike, it is by no means a be-all, end-all to the market prices of collectibles. It is not officially endorsed by us as staff, which is why it has not been stickied. By bumping the thread for the pure reason of keeping it at the top is disobeying that decision and, if you think it useful to members, there are better ways to spread it amongst the community. Links, mentions and otherwise just posting quality discussion in this thread to further the development of the bell economy.

It was never a personal attack, and I hope that clears things up.

While yes, this thread is useful to new members and old members alike, it is by no means a be-all, end-all to the market prices of collectibles. It is not officially endorsed by us as staff, which is why it has not been stickied.

And as for the Stickied "Popularity List" over at Villagers Trading Plaza, the same reasoning and explanations applied?
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?109343-List-of-Villagers-Based-on-Popularity

ETA: Both threads are about digital pixels that members would trade *something* for,
be it forum or in-game bells.
Both threads receive regular updates, or updates when necessary.
Members in this forum refer to both threads for references, while both stated in the OP that it's not official and people can and should trade in their own preferences.

I've always been curious as for the reasons behind these two threads,
with such similarities,
one would be stickied and the other receive a rather different treatment.

Last edited:
I've always been curious as for the reasons behind these two threads,
with such similarities,
one would be stickied and the other receive a rather different treatment.

The reason why that other thread was stickied: It's just on how to price them right, it's like a hot trend theead. But this thread has unofficial prices. Would you require all grocery stores to price their meat at the same price? This is what this thread is kinda like. It's about how much people would buy for, but it's not the price requiring for all collectibles of the same kind.

The reason why that other thread was stickied: It's just on how to price them right, it's like a hot trend theead. But this thread has unofficial prices. Would you require all grocery stores to price their meat at the same price? This is what this thread is kinda like. It's about how much people would buy for, but it's not the price requiring for all collectibles of the same kind.

what??
That thread looks at popularity in forums and makes a villager chart
This thread looks at sales in forums and maps out average recent sales

They're kinda really similar??
And no one ever said that people were required to sell for prices on this guide, it's a suggestion.

As a side note:
If we changed this to "List of giftable Released Collectibles", and then added suggested prices in the corner, would it be able to be stickied then? Because tbh that's basically what the villager thread is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back