Mafia TBT Mafia VIII: Dark Lord Ascending [Game Over/Town Win]

Another name that has been brought up is Dolby. From what I have seen, he has barley posted and we really should keep an eye on him.

Dolby is fairly quiet both as a town and a scum player, admittedly. But more so as scum. People get edgy about him every game though because he's a strong asset to any mafia team despite being a complete nuisance as a town player (sorry honey, you know ILY really <3).

Now, when I first started writing this post, my thoughts were mainly on iLoveYou. My thinking was that the reason iLoveYou gave up so easily when it came to Truffle screenshot was because of the fact that she was doomed. Why would she be doomed to lose you may ask? Well, I figured that if iLoveYou didn't even bother trying to defend herself, her fellow scummates must be what we know as the typical "bad players". This made sense to me at first, but after iLoveYou claimed to know that Truffle and herself would be modkilled, I started thinking differently. My thoughts are that the rest of the scum may be very active and or stronger players, because iLoveYou sacrificing herself for a foolish scum team would be something she would never do if she wanted a win. Although this is only a theory, I think it holds water, and hopefully it will help determine who the rest of the scum are in due time.

I'd been thinking about this as well. But iLoveYou knew for certain she had been caught out - and by the one confirmed town member. She knew it was over. It could mean anything: especially as they had lost LittleBeary so fast too. I definitely think her focus on wanting to get rid of players early who just "slide by" means that they are at least active players, regardless of skill.

[21:10] <Cory> Ugh I hate this mafia
[21:10] <Cory> so BOOOORRRRRINGGGG
[21:10] <AshtotPC> cory u need to play pro town if you are actually town
[21:10] <AshtotPC> like seriously
[21:10] <Cory> But I hate being town
[21:11] <Cory> Ugh fine I'll try
[21:11] <AshtotPC> its too late now lololol
[21:11] <AshtotPC> everyone suspects you already
[21:12] <Cory> Everyone always suspects me no matter what
[21:12] <Trundle> that goes to show something about your playing
[21:13] <AshtotPC> LOL
[21:13] <Cory> You can see that I'm town due to my unintrest in the game
[21:15] <AshtotPC> cory that doesnt make any sense
[21:16] <Cory> It does
[21:16] <AshtotPC> no it doesnt
[21:16] <Cory> In all my games I was into it except this one and MVi
[21:17] <AshtotPC> ............................
[21:17] <Cory> Fine lynch me then

This is probably one of the more interesting first days we've had in a long while. :p But being seemingly uninterested doesn't mean your town. In fact, the one game I was seriously disinterested in I was the godfather. I think that role just comes with a dose of apathy or something, because I know I'm not the only person who has felt that way after receiving that role.

If you're town, then fudging act like it and help us find scum. A defeatist attitude is not going to get us anywhere. I'd rather lynch scum than get a bored player out of the game. I know two scum in one day seems to alleviate the challenge and mystery a little, especially as we didn't even have to use our brains to get rid of them, but on Day 2 the usual excitement of the game should be back full force.

Gandalf said:
What I was looking into last night is the fact that iLoveYou was only Yaxley the death eater. That leaves the big question of is there possibly another strong play in the role of Voldemort. I say that we should keep a keen eye on:

-Justin
-Tom

The whole list is a lot longer, but those are the two that I would consider being cautious around given their current posts.

Those two names had already come to my attention since iLoveYou flipped red. But the question is did Karla adjust the roles or not? He didn't in Cell Mafia so it could just be random again this time. So far, Tom and Justin aren't playing too differently from usual - as far as Day 1 goes anyway. I think we're just under the illusion they're being inactive because we've found scum unusually fast this game. Plus, of course, there was a huge amount of spam in the first eight hours too. I definitely think they're people we should keep an eye on, but so far their playstyle isn't drastically out of the ordinary for them.

Syd said:
More to add to this:
Personally, when I joined Mafia I thought since Justin is a admin/mod/whatever he is like almighty and can't be Mafia. Hopefully no other newbies thought this? If they did time to realize it's not true. Justin can be in Mafia, and isn't gonna be Harry Potter unless Karla says so. :)

Hahaha. Staff have the same chances of rolling a scum role as everyone else in the game. :p

idk but from my point of view 90% of what's said in the irc is a joke so it really shouldnt be taken as seriously as a post in this thread if at all

[20:29] <Kaguya> w.e scumlord
[20:30] <Kuma> I am not voldemort
[20:30] <Kuma> Or mafia

bit of a scumslip maybe ^^^ ?????

also: Last 10 visitors to kayla's profile page when i look a while ago: Ashtot, Farobi, Gandalf, Horus, ITookYourWaffles, KarlaKGB, Murray, Nouris, Tom, Truffle = maf list! (except for obv ones like me and karla etc

also: Last 10 visitors to kayla's profile page when i look a while ago: Ashtot, Farobi, Gandalf, Horus, ITookYourWaffles, KarlaKGB, Murray, Nouris, Tom, Truffle = maf list! (except for obv ones like me and karla etc

No I'm pretty sure you're scum. :) While there's a chance a scum mate could be in that list of name, it's rather unlikely. When I was maf the last thing I wanted to do was view other teammate profiles running the risk of getting caught.

No I'm pretty sure you're scum. :) While there's a chance a scum mate could be in that list of name, it's rather unlikely. When I was maf the last thing I wanted to do was view other teammate profiles running the risk of getting caught.

yea right m8

As for the Justin being scum thing, that post didn't initially raise any red flags, but I dunno... Justin's someone who I feel like I know, and just seems like something he'd say. Though, I did have a pm with him on irc in which I tried to talk to him about mafia and he seemed pretty scared to reveal any kind of role.

It just seems like if he were mafia he'd try harder to cover it up, like claim something.

It just seems like if he were mafia he'd try harder to cover it up, like claim something.

eh I don't really see why someone (mafia or town) would (need to?) claim out loud d1 if they aren't at least facing death

That's reasonable. I roleclaimed to Truffles though, so hopefully he can sort out the roles & help us find more innocents to trust.

Okay so It's time for a post that will actually probably consist of important information maybe.

BlueLeaf
DarkNightMoon
LittleBeary
Syd
Kit

So far in the game these five players have posted that they would roleclaim to Truffle. Now, this is just a possibility, but it would make sense that the people that publicly stated that they would roleclaim to Truffle, are hiding the fact that they are scum. There is no reason to post that you are roleclaiming, we all know that we should, so there is no reason to tell us that you are. If a mafia member was trying to hid the fact that they are mafia, I think a good thing to do would be to publicly claim that they are roleclaiming to Truffle in order to gain the trust of town members.

Not sure if this was worth anything but Kayla also said she role claimed to Truffle (Ashtot missed someone oops)

I have a question for you Ashtot
Did you leave Kayla out by purpose or by mistake? I found this suspicious because she did post that she roleclaim but she is not in the list, Netflix also noticed it and how it's not good that Kitwas being active (by spamming and post non sense) and now she has to stay quiet. If she is a mafia then it's a good strategy for her to be inactive.

Last edited:
I have a question for you Ashtot
Did you leave Kayla out by purpose or by mistake? I found this suspicious because she did post that she roleclaim but she is not in the list, Netflix also noticed it and how it's not good that Kitwas being active (by spamming and post non sense) and now she has to stay quiet. If she is a mafia then it's a good strategy for her to be inactive.

Good question! The reason iLoveYou wasn't on my original list is because I missed the post when she said she would roleclaim. I fixed this on my last post and compared it to LittleBeary's.

I said that because I was joking with the whole Harry Potter theme. You said scumlord so my joking mind thought "VOLDEMORT" as he is a leader of a bad group in the Harry Potter series, or at least in Book 5. Murray, you said yourself that 90% of the time in the irc, everyone is joking around about mafia. Of course, I was telling the truth about not being mafia.

As for the Justin being scum thing, that post didn't initially raise any red flags, but I dunno... Justin's someone who I feel like I know, and just seems like something he'd say. Though, I did have a pm with him on irc in which I tried to talk to him about mafia and he seemed pretty scared to reveal any kind of role.

You will all pass this off as "Kits Dumb Theory's" but I seriously think Justin is scum
I'll pot evidence later.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Edit-I seriously think Justin is scum and posted a measly claim agasint him two days ago, before this was even brought up.

- - - Post Merge - - -

(Although I will be making a new claim)

This was the thing Justin said that made me suspicious.

1) Shouldn't you be happy that she leaked? I mean, it's one scum down & one MP down.
2) If you are Town why are you feeling sorry for her?

:confused: Feels like a scum mate trying to give late advice lol.

Eh, you can read into this that much if you want to, but that'd be pretty silly if you ask me. I wouldn't be nearly that obvious about it if I was scum. I just feel sympathy for her that she was outed with such a simple mistake like that. Believe it or not, I can feel bad for someone without being their scummate!

Anyone who has played with me in past games knows that I tend to shy away from revealing my role for the first few Days generally. The only person I've claimed to is Truffle so far, and for obvious reasons. As I have nothing to believe you as innocent right now, there's no reason for me to share my role with you at this time. What benefit would be gained at this time? I can't see much besides potentially giving my role away on a silver platter to the Mafia.

You will all pass this off as "Kits Dumb Theory's" but I seriously think Justin is scum
I'll pot evidence later.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Edit-I seriously think Justin is scum and posted a measly claim agasint him two days ago, before this was even brought up.

- - - Post Merge - - -

(Although I will be making a new claim)

Have fun!

I will die in ****ing style
Make it amazing in the night post pls
1UiKsKO.jpg

Night 1
Silly Beary. They overheard her. "Oops," was all LittleBeary said, as she was dragged off to Azkaban.

LittleBeary aka Peter Pettigrew was sent to Azkaban.

Night has begun. You have 24 hours to send me actions and spells. Remember that there will be a 30 minute resolution period before the end of night where no more actions will be accepted. The timer shows how much time you have to send in your actions.
Death Eaters have 6 MP.

Of course Beary was mafia!
Ah beary, I bet Justin is pretty sad that he lost another teammate.

Back