• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Backseat modding

I'm pretty sure that I don't need a special title or special powers in order to become eligable to help someone. When someone asks me for the road I don't go "that's not my job, ask the police". Perhaps that's not how you would react but it's called: Generosity.

It's fine if someone's asking for help about a rule and a regular member helps them, I don't think anyone's trying to say that's wrong. It's when there's an argument and insults, it's unnecessary for a regular member to intervene-instead, just report the thread.

I have to agree that TBT isn't as dictatorial as other forums.. I won't mention any names..

But a mod has addressed this issue with what the official stance is.. Report it, and if you feel the need, send them a PM detailing what they did wrong (perhaps after the thread's been moved)

We don't ALL have authority here, or else there'd be no point in admins and mods.

Everyone getting their knickers into a twist isn't gonna help the situation.. I've mini-modded before and learned why it's frowned upon, and all of you have now also been told.

Continuing the argument isn't actually gonna make them change their mind..

(FYI, I'm aware that what I just said is a form of mini-modding, but I also have an opinion which I wanted to voice)

Why are people even arguing about this? It's not like it's a big deal ~ at least not in my eyes.

I got seven hundred bells taken away and an infraction for welcoming someone to the site. If that isn't strict, I don't know what is. I found that complete bull.

Last edited:
Umm you lose like 20 bells from an infraction if you're gonna make up **** at least make it believable pls

I got seven hundred bells taken away and an infraction for welcoming someone to the site. If that isn't strict, I don't know what is. I found that complete bull.

Sorry but I think that this is a HUGE exaggeration.

Your infractions remain on your profile forever, even after expired, i can still check what the reason for mine was

Sorry but I think that this is a HUGE exaggeration.

I totally agree.
I doubt that this would happen. Mods are really nice people.
And if this really did happen, you probably did more than 'welcoming' somebody to the site.

I said "Welcome." because people were giving me **** about putting asterisks between my words instead of spaces. It was completely unintentional. I wouldn't have any infractions if people weren't being *******s because I wouldn't see a need to type one word answers.

I just looked though your transaction history and I cannot find any place in which an infraction took 700 bells. Another thing is that infractions do not ever take 700 bells. Welcoming someone usually would never be infracted on, you may, however, get a warning for post quality. If your welcome was just one word (which goes against Post Quality rules) you may have been warned/infracted on. The only bells I ever saw taken out on your transaction history were for a warning for 20 bells.

Edit: I did see that you were infracted for saying "Welcome". This is because one worded replies are against the rules even if you have an excuse (the quotation mark thing). This was also given to you before we turned off bell count in the Introduction Board, it won't be reversed but it doesn't put you in any danger of suspension nor does it stop you from being able from participating in anything around the Bell Tree.

Last edited:
I want to thank Kaiaa for helping to clear that up. But I also feel a little nervous about what this thread is turning into. I hope we can bring this thread back to the original topic now.

By the way, this isn't a thread to complain about warnings/infractions received. If you have received a warning/infraction in the past couple weeks that you feel was not deserved you may report it and another mod (who didn't issue the warning/infraction) will check it over as a second opinion. Any warnings/infractions that are older than 2 weeks will not be reversed.

If you have any questions about why you have received a warning for mini modding, I hope my explanations can clear it up for you. If not, ask and I will do my best to help.

I actually haven't gotten any infractions as of late, which is good. Many of mine are from...you know who.
If a mod DID give you an unfair infraction, you could report the infraction message and explain why it was unfair or a mistake.

Back