Do villagers age?

I think that Flurry and a lot of normal villagers are around 30 because they talk about certain clothes making them look and feel respectable. They seem to have life experience and have more realistic dreams.

Sometimes if you talk to a jock villager in Brewster's cafe they will tell you about their dad when they were "younger" and lived at home. I think uchi villagers will also occasionally talk about when they were younger, so I definitely think that villagers have aged, but they definitely won't while they're in a town :p.

Our villagers are animals and most animals are adult when they are 2 :) anyways age isn't important in animal crossing at all :D we're all forever young in game!

Here's how I see it in my first town:
*Avery: 59
*Bertha: 18
*Bree: 36
*Clyde: 14
*Coach: 16
*Elvis: 57
*Flora: 15
*Katt: 28
*Keaton: 25
*Maelle: 34

And in my second town:
*Anchovy: 13
*Becky: 38
*Boone: 17
*Cookie: 14
*Frita: 25
*Grizzly: 46
*Lolly: 18
*Maple: 16
*Rodney: 23
*Sydney: 18

On Phoebe's birthday she mentioned being old enough to have a bucket list and Whitney said something about lying about her age.

I'm kinda wondering if being able to live on their own implies that all the villagers are at least around 18 or if human legal age doesn't apply to them. Do anthropomorphic animals even age at the same rate as normal animals or more like humans? Regular animals apparently exist as separate creatures since you have bird cages, the hamster cage, the octopus you get from diving, even the dog house furniture item implies there's a dog in it with glowing eyes and a moving chain if you touch it.

So in my first town, my average villager age is 30.2 years, mostly because of Avery and Elvis both being in their late 50s (59 and 57 respectively). And in my second town, my average villager age is 22.8 years, much younger, despite Becky and Grizzly both being over 35 (38 and 46, respectively).

I believe cranky and snooty animals are elderly or something like that. I mean, I believe snooty animals are the female counterparts of cranky animals. Other animal types I believe to be around 20 and older, 20 being the lowest/youngest age. I just feel like they're all adults in some way or another.

Last edited:
I have a headcanon Snooty villagers are old ladies. Also Lazy and Peppy seem like kids.

I don't think they age at all, but many things they say make theem be adults (like sometimes they'd say that they have grandsons etc.)

I don't think they have specific ages or age, but I think all villagers are probably 17+ if they can drive an RV lol

I'd say...
Normal – mid 20s
Lazy – 17ish
Smug – late 20s
Peppy – early 20s
Uchi – mid 30s
Snooty – early 40s
Cranky – mid 50s

Maybe Joan and Phineas are 60–70.

Last edited:
And by Hill you mean Mountain... And by mountain we mean at least 10 of them.

Very funny, you young peeps! Don't forget about those of us on this forum who are (almost) as old as Tortimer! :rolleyes:

PS I always think of my villagers as certain ages, but somehow the lazys seem the youngest and the crankys the oldest. The uchis and snootys seem middle-aged, the jocks teens or so, the normals seem about 10, the peppys and the smugs seem like grown-ups who never actually grew up, so can't tell their real age.

Last edited:
Villagers do not age in the game but some villagers like Beardo seem old and Marshal seems like an emo teenager... definitely tortimer is old though

I think snooty's and crankies are meant to be older.

I feel like clyde would be in his 20's but very very innocent acting. Teddy is in his 20's-30's. Vladimir is In his 40's.

I really don't see any of them being adults except maybe Cranky.

Lazies, Normals, Peppies, Jocks, and Smugs are definitely not over the age of 18.

Last edited:
Idk if they have specific ages, and I think most of them are at least adults, but they probably have unspecified age groups of some sort. Like the kangaroos have babies, so I always see them are mothers in their 30's, as they always talk to you like you're younger than them :) Stitches is in his early 20's, Isabel is mid to late 20's, Tortimer is at least in his 70's, etc. Timmy and Tommy are age 10-16, Nook is in his early 40's. But I don't think their ages change, even though they have birthdays

Normal - 15 to 25
Lazy, Peppy and Jock - 10 to 18
Smug - 16 to 22
Uchi - 18 to 25
Cranky - 30 to 70
Snooty - 25 to 60

Well, there's some definite age groups between the personalities, but certain villagers may vary
My ideas on the topic:
Lazies: Late teens-early 20's
Jocks: early 20's
Smugs: mid-late 20's
Crankies: 40's-70's
Normal: Late 20's-early 30's
Peppy: Mid teens-early 20's
Uchi: Early-mid 20's
Snooty: Early 30's-late 50's

Just my thoughts, no real definite proof

Back