• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia VII: Animal Crossing [Game Over/Town Win]

eomstsh.png

puppy has died, they were Octavian.

You are Octavian, Roleblocker of Boondox!

Fortunately, due to your status in the town, you have a special power. You can also use up to 1 item per Night in addition to your special power.

Special Power: You can block one player during the Night causing all powers or items they use to fail that Night. The target will be informed they were blocked. The same player cannot be blocked by you two nights in a row.

Here is the link to the Scum Chat:
[REDCATED]

This is a private chat for your team to discuss in. DO NOT LINK NON MAFIA TEAM MEMBERS TO THIS CHAT OR YOU WILL BE MODKILLED AND BANNED

For your convenience, your friends (mafia team members) are:
[REDACTED]

You start with 2 Bells in your ABD. Spend them wisely!
Your team wins when you equal or outnumber everyone else in Boondox.

The entire Mafia team has now been eliminated. Town wins!

Here are the remaining Town members!

ACNL noodle was Blathers/Townie.
BellBringerGreen was Reese/Townie.
BlueLeaf was Bill/Townie.
Farobi was Don Resetti/Tracker.
You are Don Resetti, Tracker of Boondox!

Fortunately, due to your status in the town, you have a special power. You can also use up to 1 item per Night in addition to your special power.

Special Power: You can track one player during the Night to learn who, if anybody, they targetted that Night with any action. (including items) You will not learn what they did. If the player did not target anyone, you will be told. The same player cannot be tracked by you two nights in a row.

Your team wins when all forces of evil are eliminated from Boondox.

FireNinja1 was Brewster/One-Shot Poisoner.
You are Brewster, One-Shot Poisoner of Boondox!

Special Power: Once per game, you can poison another player’s coffee during the Night. They will die at the end of the NEXT Night, not the one in which you poison them. This kill cannot be protected by a Doctor.

LaurinaMN was Yellow Bird/One-Shot Bulletin Board Watcher.
You are Yellow Bird, One-Shot Bulletin Board Watcher of Boondox!

Special Power: Once per game, you can learn a list of all players who posted a message on the Bulletin Board that day. The names will not be attached to specific messages. This power is used during the Day.

Kuma was Pelly/Townie.
Lunatic was K.K. Slider/Jack of all Trades.
You are K.K. Slider, Jack of all Trades of Boondox!

Special Power: You have four songs that you are able to play. During the Night, you can sing one of these songs to another player in the game. Each song can only be used once, and to only one player each night. Your songs are:

K.K. Protect - Protect the player during the Night to save them from a single kill that Night. Your protection applies before any other form of second life. You and your target will be informed if the protection is absorbed by a kill.
K.K. Inspect - Inspect the player during the Night to learn their team alignment. Possible returns are: Town Mafia Third-Party
K.K. Kill - Kill the player during the Night. If you are role blocked, you will NOT gain this song back to use again.
K.K. Block - Block the player during the Night, causing all powers or items they use to fail. The target will be informed they were blocked.

Prin was Julian/Townie.
TheCreeperHugz was Isabelle/Townie.
Truffle was Bob/Townie.

VillageDweller was Hazel/Townie.

Here are the item descriptions!

Nookling Junction

Water Cooler - 1 Bell
It looks really cool in your house. Unfortunately, it’s broken and does absolutely nothing! No refunds!

Pitfall - 2 Bells
Bury a pitfall outside of another Player’s house for an unknown random chance at blocking their actions and items that night. Requires Shovel to bury. (Night, 1 Use)
MOD NOTE: 33% Chance

Shovel - 2 Bells
Allows you to bury selected items (the item will tell you) in the ground as long as you have this in your inventory. (Night, 2 Use)

Bulletin Pin - 3 Bells
Post a short anonymous note (maximum 70 characters) to the Bulletin Board at the beginning of the next Day (Any Phase, 1 Use)

T&T Mart

Amazing Machine - 4 Bells
Calibrate the Amazing Machine to learn information about the current status of the game. (Night, 1 Use)
MOD NOTE: Current members remaining in each faction, total number of Bells currently in circulation in the game, and total number of Items currently in circulation in the game.

Envelope - 3 Bells
Write an anonymous letter to send privately to another player delivered through the Post Office during the beginning of the next Night. If sent during the Night, it will not be sent until the next Night. (Any Phase, 1 Use)

Observatory Pass - 8 Bells
Enter the Museum Observatory for one Night allowing access to a telescope to watch another player during the Night. This will inform you of anyone who targets the player during the Night in which you use the item. You will not learn what occurred, only names. (Night, 1 Use)

Super T&T

Backpack - 4 Bells
Expands your inventory slots by 2 passively as long as you have it in your inventory. (Passive)

Axe - 12 Bells
Hit another player, requires two hits from you to kill, independant from other hits or shots (Night, 2 Use)

Medicine - 10 Bells
Protect another player from hits and kills during the Night. You cannot use Medicine two Nights in a row. (Night, 1 Use)

Tricky Pitfall - 5 Bells
Bury a tricky pitfall outside of another Player’s house for an unknown random chance at blocking their actions and items that night. Requires Shovel to bury. (Night, 1 Use)
MOD NOTE: 66% Chance

QuickTopics and Google Docs

Mafia Chat
Observer Chat
Actions Spreadsheet
Transaction Log

Closing Thoughts

Thanks for joining me in playing this game! It definitely had its ups and downs, including the mistake with Gallows, but I think overall it was a good game. It was the first game on TBT to experiment with a currency or items, and I know some other hosts are considering similar mechanics in their upcoming games if you were a fan of it. If you weren't, there will be games for you too. Personally, when I host a second game, I won't be bothering with items or anything again. I'll make a more in depth post later about why that is and what I think went wrong with it.

If you have any thoughts or feedback about the game, please feel free to PM or discuss it in here. I'm happy to listen as long as it's contructive.

There's a few things I want to say, now that the game is officially over.

Town would not have won, if it wasn't for the accidental leak. I want to be the first to say this, because I know if anybody from the scum team says it, you won't take it seriously because "they're salty" or whatever. I was in contact with Truffle about a night or so before my death. If I had died, I feel like town would not have lynched Gallows or Jer. I feel like they would have been able to fend off the accusations of them being scum. We trusted them and if it wasn't for the leak, town would have gone on doing so.

Granted, I feel like town would have probably gotten Karla and Kit. Kit, you were way too obvious. I had spread my suspicions about you constantly. When I PM'd you early in the game for your role, your response of "You're just trying to get information" was the exact same as Cory's response to that question. Honestly, I wish I made the connection earlier. I also figured out Karla through this. I figured that in order to win, Karla would help out the newer players by helping them respond to other players. He did have a little list of "here's what to do" in Mafia V. Also, Karla, I don't know if you had anything IRL going on, but it was fairly obvious with the Trundle lynch, moreso after we got Cory. You just put someone's name out there, and then went offline, letting town fight amongst ourselves. Kind of obvious you were scum at that point. I applaud Lunatic for figuring that out herself, an excellent VIGILANTE SHOT if I do say so myself.Yes I know she's the jack whatever

Town, what the hell? If we ever do a game with items again, please don't make them the focus of discussion. Seriously, you guys did terrible with that. It let mafia spread bad information (Gallows) and it took the discussion off the lynch.

Furthermore, why did everybody say that they bought an item? Kind of makes you a target, and it also just ruined the function of anonymous mail and bulletin posts. And I'm glad that Truffle was able to keep his item a secret.

I don't know how I feel about the closed set-up. It makes for an interesting game, more analysis, but it's definitely harder. My only problem with it is, WHY WOULD YOU GIVE SAFE CLAIMS?! Ugh, it's a closed set-up, nobody knows each others role names truthfully, so why give safeclaims? I mean, there's about 300 animals in the game, mafia could easily have made a safe-claim for themselves if needed. I just don't know why they were made official.

I feel like the game itself, not factoring in players or anything else, just the game set-up, was a little biased towards mafia with the addition of safe-claims and the closed set-up. I'd be in favor of closed set-up again, just without the safeclaims for reasons I said. That said, I also think that town made it easier for mafia by ****ing around with items.

Now it's time for thanks.

ProfGallows and Jeremy: oh wait I'm not thanking you for anything. >=( jk you cool please don't ban me

Kaiaa: Thanks for being a mod and catching Gallows.

Kuma: Thanks for holding up and staying calm under my multiple times of intense questioning.

Lunatic: Thanks for keeping your role quiet :)

Jubs: Thanks for making the game, it's been pretty fun. You're the best townie ever <3

I never would have thought Puppy was scum.

I'm surprised I didn't die at all in this game, I thought I would be targeted at least once, with the exception of Farobi tracking me, which did nothing anyway.

@Oath - I probably wouldn't catch Gallows. But I was already suspicious of Jeremy before the leak :lemon:

But didn't you mention puppy before you mentioned Pally? LOL

Yeah but Truffle said they had evidence that puppy was a townie. Truffle was trusted more than me, so I held off.

Never got that evidence.

My only problem with it is, WHY WOULD YOU GIVE SAFE CLAIMS?! Ugh, it's a closed set-up, nobody knows each others role names truthfully, so why give safeclaims? I mean, there's about 300 animals in the game, mafia could easily have made a safe-claim for themselves if needed. I just don't know why they were made official.

I feel like the game itself, not factoring in players or anything else, just the game set-up, was a little biased towards mafia with the addition of safe-claims and the closed set-up. I'd be in favor of closed set-up again, just without the safeclaims for reasons I said. That said, I also think that town made it easier for mafia by ****ing around with items.

Not trying to stomp on your opinion, but I feel the need to explain the reasoning. It's really simple actually:

I mean, there's about 300 animals in the game, mafia could easily have made a safe-claim for themselves if needed. I just don't know why they were made official.

If they happened to choose to claim as one of the roles already in use by a town member, they would instantly outed as obvious scum. That's no fun for anybody. So official safe claims are given as an option.

Not trying to stomp on your opinion, but I feel the need to explain the reasoning. It's really simple actually:

If they happened to choose to claim as one of the roles already in use by a town member, they would instantly outed as obvious scum.

I mean, I get that, but I don't get why they were included though. I just feel like it tipped the game a little in favor of a mafia win. never mind I see it now.

ALLY I TRUSTED U AND U BETRAYED ME BYE

oh dear

Last edited:
Back