• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia VII: Animal Crossing [Game Over/Town Win]

Justin

Nefarious did this.
Staff
Administrator
Bells
Switch
4135-9919-0984
Spring Sakura
Zipper Sakura
Red Pikmin Easter Egg
Zipper Sakura
Spring Sakura
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
eomstsh.png

TOWN WINS!

Phase Links:

Day One | Night One
Day Two | Night Two
Day Three | Night Three
Day Four | Night Four
Day Five | Night Five
Day Six | Night Six
GAME OVER!

QuickTopics and Google Docs

Mafia Chat
Observer Chat
Actions Spreadsheet

Transaction Log

Item Descriptions

Nookling Junction

Water Cooler - 1 Bell
It looks really cool in your house. Unfortunately, it?s broken and does absolutely nothing! No refunds!

Pitfall - 2 Bells
Bury a pitfall outside of another Player?s house for an unknown random chance at blocking their actions and items that night. Requires Shovel to bury. (Night, 1 Use)
MOD NOTE: 33% Chance

Shovel - 2 Bells
Allows you to bury selected items (the item will tell you) in the ground as long as you have this in your inventory. (Night, 2 Use)

Bulletin Pin - 3 Bells
Post a short anonymous note (maximum 70 characters) to the Bulletin Board at the beginning of the next Day (Any Phase, 1 Use)

T&T Mart

Amazing Machine - 4 Bells
Calibrate the Amazing Machine to learn information about the current status of the game. (Night, 1 Use)
MOD NOTE: Current members remaining in each faction, total number of Bells currently in circulation in the game, and total number of Items currently in circulation in the game.

Envelope - 3 Bells
Write an anonymous letter to send privately to another player delivered through the Post Office during the beginning of the next Night. If sent during the Night, it will not be sent until the next Night. (Any Phase, 1 Use)

Observatory Pass - 8 Bells
Enter the Museum Observatory for one Night allowing access to a telescope to watch another player during the Night. This will inform you of anyone who targets the player during the Night in which you use the item. You will not learn what occurred, only names. (Night, 1 Use)

Super T&T

Backpack - 4 Bells
Expands your inventory slots by 2 passively as long as you have it in your inventory. (Passive)

Axe - 12 Bells
Hit another player, requires two hits from you to kill, independant from other hits or shots (Night, 2 Use)

Medicine - 10 Bells
Protect another player from hits and kills during the Night. You cannot use Medicine two Nights in a row. (Night, 1 Use)

Tricky Pitfall - 5 Bells
Bury a tricky pitfall outside of another Player?s house for an unknown random chance at blocking their actions and items that night. Requires Shovel to bury. (Night, 1 Use)
MOD NOTE: 66% Chance

Playerlist:

1. Trundle Tortimer/Veteran, Died Night Two
  2. Karen Blanca/Miller, Died Night One
  3. lynn105 Luna/Doctor, Died Night Four
  4. Cory Tommy/Mafia Goon, Lynched Day Two
  5. BlueLeaf Bill/Townie
  6. FoxWolf64/Horus Booker/Deputy, Died Night Three
  7. BellBringerGreen Resse/Townie
  8. Kaiaa Cyrus/Townie, Died Night Three
  9. LittleBeary Dr. Shrunk/Doctor, Died Night Four
  10. Tom Farley/Townie, Died Night One
  11. Jeremy Phyllis/Mafia Goon, Lynched Day Four
  12. Minties Copper/Detective, Died Night One
  13. Lunatic K.K. Slider/Jack of all Trades
  14. oath2order Chrissy/Townie, Died Night Three
  15. Lithia Coco/Townie, Modkilled
  16. Dolby Chief/Townie, Modkilled
  17. Farobi Don Resetti/Tracker
  18. Kuma Pelly/Townie
  19. LaurinaMN Gandalf Yellow Bird/One-Shot Poisoner
  20. ACNL noodle Blathers/Townie
  21. KarlaKGB Tom Nook/Godfather, Died Night Three
  22. Prin Julian/Townie
  23. VillageDweller Hazel/Townie
  24. Kit Pete/Framer, Lynched Day Six
  25. Ashtot Crazy Redd/One-Shot Vigilante, Died Night One
  26. tsundere Kapp'n/One-Shot Coward, Died Night Five
  27. puppy Octavian/Mafia Roleblocker
  28. Prof Gallows Lyle/Mafia Goon, Lynched Day Three
  29. TheCreeperHugz Isabelle/Townie
  30. pallycake Timmy/Mafia Jack of all Trades, Lynched Day Five
  31. Makkine Resetti/One-Shot Vigilante, Died Night Two
  32. FireNinja1 Brewster/One-Shot Poisoner
  33. PurplPanda Ankha/Townie, Lynched Day One
  34. Truffle Bob/Townie

Thanks Tom senpai for the profile links. <3

Players remaining: 12/34

Mafia KP = 0 (# of mafia/2, rounded up)

This game is the spiritual sequel to the original two Animal Crossing Mafia games hosted on The Bell Tree. You can find the previous games by clicking here: Game One, Game Two!

Introduction:

Terror is a constant thought in the small town of Boondox. It's a small town without much wealth but the townspeople manage to get around with the small Bells they have scavenged. Unfortunately, the Mafia has been slowly growing over the years infiltrating all positions of the village. These days, it's not uncommon to find dead bodies floating down the river stream. The time has come for the townspeople to rise up against the scum once and for all to save Boondox from impending doom! Save the villagers, save the world!

Mafia is typically very active, and the thread can get big quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game. You should spend at least 15 minutes per day on the game, just to keep up with what's happening and to vote. Naturally, that won't be enough time to make detailed analyses of your own, but it will be enough for you to bandwagon opinions on. This is obviously not the recommended playstyle, and you will contribute far more to your team if you spend more time on the game. Strong players tend to spend upwards of an hour or two per day on the game, but again this is not required.

How to Play Mafia for New Players:

Welcome to TBT Mafia. Mafia is a game of the informed minority versus the uninformed majority. To elaborate, the game is divided into two teams: the Town and the Mafia. Mafia know who each other are, and can coordinate their actions privately. Town on the other hand don't know anything other than their own role. To compensate, there are many more Townies than Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, you are PM'd your role. The game is divided into repeating phases of Day and Night. Day will generally last 48 hours and revolve around voting for a player to be lynched. Each player (including Mafia) get one vote, and players must figure out who the Mafia are, and convince others that they are correct. At the end of the day, the person with the most votes is lynched, and their alignment and role are revealed.

Night is typically 24 hours long and is reserved for Mafia night kills and players with special abilities. Usually, players discuss the results of the lynch at night, and make plans for the next day. When night ends, everyone will be informed of who died during the night. The new day will begin, and discussions for the lynch begin anew.

Mafia is a game of logic, intuition, persuasiveness, reading ability, emotion, and will. In short, its a thinking man's game. There are many different ways to approach the game and every game is a very different experience. In addition, Mafia is not for the faint-hearted or overly emotional. While not occurring every game, sometimes people can get into very heated arguments with one another. People can get very emotional playing Mafia, as it is a high-intensity endeavour. That being said, playing Mafia is an excellent to develop thick skin, improve your patience, and make yourself a stronger person mentally.

Roles:

This game is a Closed Setup. There is no list of possible roles and role names are unique.

However, the full Role PM of every player will be revealed and posted upon their death, including the name of their role name and any abilities they may have had. Players can gain valuable information about the setup and roles from this. Obviously information such as fellow scum members will be censored.

Because role names are unique, some roles (such as mafia) may be given official "safe claims" by the host to use. These are role names that are guaranteed by the host as not used in the game, therefore making them safe to claim as knowing that they will not conflict with an identical role name that another player has.

Regarding role selection, I have ran the Player List and my personal Roles List against a randomizer three times, and picked the most balanced setup in my opinion to use for the game. I have not manually moved players around between roles, like most games have done. Hopefully this will reduce the effect of meta speculation based on player skill and role.

Win conditions are included in your Role PM.​

Animal Crossing Mafia Game Mechanics:

Bell Economy:
Exclusive to Animal Crossing Mafia, this game offers a Bell economy. Each Player has an ABD account to earn and store Bells to their name. Please keep track of your bell count if possible, but I am available to check for you if you send me a friendly PM asking. You may be denied updates if you are abusing this by asking multiple times per day when you can keep track yourself to a degree.

Earning Bells:
There are four public ways you can earn Bells:

• Each Player starts the game off with 2 Bells deposited into their ABD account, unless otherwise stated in their Role PM.
  • Each Player earns an additional Bell deposited into their ABD account at the start of every odd numbered Night, or two additional Bells at the start of every even numbered Night, unless otherwise stated in their Role PM.
  • You can be transferred Bells from another Player. To transfer Bells to another Player?s ABD account, post in the Transaction/Voting thread with ##TRANSFER BELLS: [amount] to [playername]. You cannot transfer Bells privately.
  • When a Player dies during the Night, if they have not written a will or if their will was set to a now dead player, a vote will start in the Day to decide what to do with their leftover Bells. The town must vote to either give them to another Player (##VOTE BELLS: PlayerName), or toss them into the ocean to be lost forever (##VOTE BELLS: OCEAN). If there are multiple Player deaths during the Night, the winner of the Bells will receive the combined Bells of all available Bells for that Day. Voting follows the Majority Lynch rules, and will automatically be tossed into the ocean if no consensus is reached after 24 hours. This vote must be completed first before any lynch votes can be counted.

Some Roles may offer additional ways to earn Bells, but these are unknown to the public unless revealed by a player.

Shopping:
Players can spend their Bells at the Nookling Store during the Day to purchase powerful (and not so powerful) items to store in their inventory and use during the Night or Day. (varies by item) You can find the Nookling Store and more details on it in the second post of the main thread.

Inventory:
Players can store up to 2 items at once in their inventory, unless otherwise stated. Items can be trashed with no refund at any time if desired, usually to free up inventory space for more items. Items cannot be directly transferred between players.

Only 1 item can be used per each phase. During Night, you can use 1 item in addition to any regular Night ability. (such as an inspection or kill)

To use or trash an item from your inventory, just PM me letting me know which item in your inventory you wish to use or trash. It would be appreciated if any wills and night actions were sent in the same PM to save me time, but not required.

Please keep track of your own inventory and bell count if possible, but I am available to check for you if you send me a friendly PM asking. You may be denied updates if you are abusing this by asking multiple times per day when you can keep track yourself to a degree.

Bidding:
When a Player dies during the Night, if they have not written a will or if their will was set to a now dead player, their remaining items will be auctioned off in a public auction. Bids are for the entirety of a Player?s inventory at the time of death. (if an item?s uses were exhausted during the Night, it will not be included)

To bid in the auction, post in the Vote/Transfer/Bid thread with ##BID [playername]: [amount] for the player?s items you wish to bid for. You can bid for multiple players if multiple are available for auction. You cannot bid privately.

The highest bidder for each Player?s items after 24 hours will be awarded said items in exchange for the bid amount at the end of the Day. In the event of a bid tie, the earliest bid for that amount will be used.

Wills:
Every Player in the game can set a Will in their name during the Night. You can additionally change your Will later in the game up to 3 more times, but never more than once per Night.

Your Will dictates who will receive any remaining Bells or Items belonging to you at the time of your death during the Night. (does not apply to lynches) If a Will is not set when a Player dies or if their Will was set to a now dead Player, their Bells and Items will be distributed according to the previously stated rules in earlier sections.

If you use an Action or Item at Night, it would be appreciated if you set any wills you intend to set with your action PM at the same time to make my life easier, instead of sending a seperate PM later. Thank you!

Mail Service:
Boondox's post office service delivers at the start of every Night. You may receive mail delivered by Pete anonymously from another player in the game. All mail is anonymously sent, but can be signed with any name if desired.

Bulletin Board:
Boondox's Bulletin Board is updated with new messages in morning at the start of every Day. All messages are anonymously posted, but can be signed with any name if desired.

General Mafia Rules:

Cheating:
Cheating includes (but is not limited to):

1. Posting after death. You may have one polite goodbye post, but it may not contain any potentially game-changing information.
  2. Ruining the game by doing something like handing out your mafia's member list to the town.
  3. Logging on to someone else's account to get their role or looking over someone's shoulder to get their role.
  4. Posting screenshots of your inbox.
  5. Posting or sharing any PM you receive from a host.
  6. Getting yourself mod killed to help your team. Your non-majority-decided death may not be used as a bargaining chip.
  7. Signing up more than once using smurf accounts.
  8. Offering favours/items/bells outside of the game for a ingame information.
  9. Sharing accounts with other players.
  10. Posting a false role PM phrased/screenshotted as if you received it from the host. You can still fake roleclaim, but you cannot make it look like you are posting a PM you received from the host.

!!! ANYONE CAUGHT SHARING SCREENSHOTS FROM OBSERVER, PM, SCUM CHAT, ANYTHING WILL BE BANNED!!!
Cheating is not tolerated here as it ruins the game for everyone. I can and will take action.

Time Cycle and Phases:
Under regular conditions, the game will generally follow a 48 hour day and 24 hour night cycle, however some secret conditions may cause this to change throughout the game. If I am not online and available to post when a phase is set to end, the game will be paused until I can post. No vote changes or actions will be accepted during this period.

Day:
During Day, the village must vote to lynch another player from the game. Selected items can also be used from your inventory during Day. Under regular conditions, Day ends after 48 hours or when Majority vote has been reached after at least 24 hours. Some conditions may cause this to change throughout the game.

Night will follow after the lynch post has been published by me.

Night:
During Night, you can send in night actions and use items from your inventory. Under regular conditions, Night always ends after 24 hours, regardless of when all actions are submitted. This to prevent meta speculation over when actions were sent in. Some conditions may cause this to change throughout the game.

Activity:
If you miss voting in two Deadline No Lynches in a row, or miss voting in three Majority Lynches in a row, you may be mod killed depending on the circumstance.

Please also make your best attempt to post on a regular basis. If I feel you are not contributing to the game enough, I may prod you via a PM asking you to post. If you ignore this and continue to avoid posting, you may be mod killed.

Play to Win:
You should try your best to help your team win while you are alive and in the game. However, this does not mean that you should try to win by being a jerk to the other players so they all want to quit playing. There is a fine line. If I feel as if you are not acting responsibly, I will PM you and ask you to keep your behavior in line.

This also means that you cannot leave the game without a good reason. These situations will be dealt with on a case by case basis. PM me if you need to leave the game.

Wisdom of the Crowds:
When you sign up, you may PM me with the name of one player you do not want to play with. If I get enough PMs about the same person, they will be excluded from the game, subject to my personal review. This will be done with the utmost confidence. If I feel this is abused, I may opt to not remove the player.

Editing:
Editing is not allowed for any reason. Editing will result in a warning. After that, you may be mod killed, depending on what the edit was. While I ask for everybody to post as concisely as possible, post again if you have to edit anything.

Inappropriate Posts:
Mafia games can get heated, emotional, and salty. Please keep it civil and remember that what happens in Mafia should stay in Mafia. Don't let things wash over to the rest of the forum, it's just a game. DO NOT let the Salt flow through you, contrary to popular belief. Especially if Tom tells you that.

Out of Thread Communication:
It is common for mafia or a town PM circle to use a medium outside of TBT such as QuickTopics or IRC to communicate during the game. Please be mindful that other players may attempt impersonate members of your team or attempt to infiltrate your chat. You use these media at your own risk.

Replacements:
This game uses replacements. Replacements will be made in the game until Day 3. If a player is mod killed during the designated time, then they will be replaced by a player on the replacement list.

Mod Font:
This is the mod colour. It is reserved for the host. Please do not use it.

Question Font:
This is the question colour. Use it to ask the host questions about the rules in public. You can also PM me.

General Mafia Voting Rules:

1. This game will use Majority Lynch. For those of you familiar with IRC Mafia, it is the same system. When a player attains over 50% of the vote, they will be immediately killed and Day will end. (For example, with 14 players alive, a player requires 8 votes to be lynched) If I am not online and available to post when this occurs, the game will be paused until I can post. No vote changes or actions will be accepted during this period.
  2. If the deadline is reached without a majority, nobody will be lynched. This is considered a Deadline No Lynch. Voting is required on a regular basis or you may risk mod kill, please see the Activity section under the General Mafia Rules. You may choose not to lynch, but you must make this clear (##VOTE: No Lynch).
  3. Voting is done in a separate thread, located here. (TBA) You may announce and discuss your votes in this main thread, but only votes in the Voting thread will be counted. Do not PM me your vote.
  4. Please vote in the following format: ##VOTE: Username. Votes not done in the correct fashion may not be counted. I will update vote counts whenever I get the chance.
  5. If you want to change your vote, first type ##UNVOTE followed by your new vote ##VOTE: Username. You can change your vote at any time and as much as you like (within reason) up until a majority is reached.
  6. No conditional voting.
  7. You may vote for yourself. You may not vote for anyone dead or outside the game.
  8. Voting is required on a regular basis or you may risk mod kill. Please see the Activity section under the General Mafia Rules.

If you would like access to the Observers Chat, please PM me. Before you do though, I ask that you possibly consider joining the replacements list instead. If you join the Observer Chat, you obviously cannot become a replacement later in the game if needed. You CANNOT share the chat with living players, or any information from it.

If you have not read all the rules, go back and do so. I will not compensate for ignorance!

Shopping

To purchase an item from the Shop, first please ensure you have enough Bells to purchase the item. Then if you're sure you wish to purchase it, send me a PM letting me know which item you would like to buy. I'll send you a PM back later detailing what the item does, and your updated Inventory/Bells status.

As a note, the descriptions of items are secret until you purchase them. You can choose to, or choose not to, share them with other players when you learn their true ability.

Remember that purchasing items is not required. It is optional.

cexmp4j.png

Bulletin Board

Nookling Junction
Watercooler - 1 Bell
Pitfall - 2 Bells
Shovel - 2 Bells
Envelope - 3 Bells
Bulletin Pin - 3 Bells
Amazing Machine - 4 Bells
Observatory Pass - 8 Bells

tPifI7I.png

Day dawned upon Boondox. The beautiful town tree in the plaza stood tall over the gathered townspeople as they awaited a speech. Mayor Justin took the stand. "Today is the day that we rid the Mafia from this town once and for all!" he shouted through a megaphone at the crowd. The townspeople cheered in support. Now they must decide who to lynch. They knew there was no room for error.

mpfMpTG.png

Nookling Junction is now open for business!

It currently takes 18 votes to Majority Lynch a player. If no player reaches 18 votes by 8PM Pacific Time on March 19th, there will be an automatic no lynch.

Mafia KP = 4 (# of mafia/2, rounded up)

As a reminder, all votes and bell transactions belong over in this thread only: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...VII-Animal-Crossing-Voting-Transaction-Thread

Item purchases should be private messaged to me.

Good luck town! The game begins as of now! You may now post, discuss, vote, transfer bells, and purchase items.

okay I say we consider lynching Makkine today

why? because she's inactive and there's no one else to go for
also because we need a starting point

a no lynch is a total waste, and it's been proven we need to get rid of inactives early on such as in MM4 when DOLBY WAS MAFIA and he stayed pretty much quiet the entire time

Judging from the first two posts, we're already off to a great start. I'm going to work on a post, but for now enjoy my role. I am Townie. Take it at face value or be paranoid of me, I could care less.

Shovel looks fun. Maybe you can knock someone out with it haha. I'm assuming the Bulletin Pin is used for posting a message on the bulletin board, and pitfall can perhaps role-block somebody? No idea what the water cooler is for though.

i say we need people to experiment buying the items and figuring out what they do
i mean, the pin is pretty much self explanatory
maybe the pitfall seed like roleblocks or kills someone but that'd be a longshot. or maybe you need a shovel and a pitfall seed in your inventory to be able to perform an action using the two items?
uhh watercooler seems useless <-< but someone should try it to see what it does

i say we need people to experiment buying the items and figuring out what they do
i mean, the pin is pretty much self explanatory
maybe the pitfall seed like roleblocks or kills someone but that'd be a longshot. or maybe you need a shovel and a pitfall seed in your inventory to be able to perform an action using the two items?
uhh watercooler seems useless <-< but someone should try it to see what it does
I'll buy it to see what it does, every one ok with that?

I agree with going the inactives route since there really isn't anything to go off of (obviously).

I was thinking about two items as well, but only one item can be used per night. I think that rules out needing two items. Could be wrong though.

I was thinking about two items as well, but only one item can be used per night. I think that rules out needing two items. Could be wrong though.

maybe you use a shovel the first night, and then bury the pitfall seed the second? :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Am I the only one who feels bad about lynching Makkine? ,_,

yeah bcuz theres pretty much no one else to lynch unless you could give a better name? o-o fireninja?

I agree with going the inactives route since there really isn't anything to go off of (obviously).

I agree with that, given that there is almost no merit in using a no lynch (besides the fact that we potentially don't lose a town member)

Water cooler is useless. Pitfall blocks players actions and items for 1 night. Need the shovel to is though.

We need more than one person to try out the items because
if mafia buys an item and makes up bs on what it does we are screwed
and there's 7-8 mafia this game (kp 4, dam)
So I think we need more than one person to try an item to be completely safe -- assuming that the items are of use, it won't be a complete waste for several people to buy it.

Soo

jub said:
Bulletin Board:
Boondox's Bulletin Board is updated with new messages in morning at the start of every Day. All messages are anonymously posted, but can be signed with any name if desired.
Pin - anonymous or identified bulletin board post

Pitfall - some kind of attack?

But yeah the combo with the shovel and pitfall seems to fit together o:

And the water cooler? Is there some kinda bg story that might help with that? Onetime I went to the Xbox thing and there was a Xbox water cooler room idk but it was kinda weird lol

Back