7476-1290-5326
October Birthstone (Opal)
Yellow Candy
ど
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Cake
So this is the reason I've been so slow at requests lately...sorry about that XD
but this is my manga basically (≧∇≦)I've always wanted to draw/write one so... Here I am ( ^ω^ )
Its called "Normal" and it's about
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
(≧∇≦)well you'll have to read to find out ♪
But in all seriousness, I really want feedback on how I'm doing so far (^∇^)I know a there are a lot of artists and writers here, so please don't be afraid to give me suggestions or criticism! Just please give me your first impressions or anything like that please ( ^ω^ )
I'll be (hopefully) posting a page a day so please check back for updates! I'll also be posting this to my deviant art here: http://mewmewmewm1.deviantart.com/gallery/

So without a further ado, here it is (⌒▽⌒) "Normal" chapter 1
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg

Thank you so much for reading (^◇^)

EDIT : GUYS ITS 2020 AND THE WORLD IS FALLING APART I DID NOT NEED THIS BUMP/REMINDER FROM WHEN I WAS 14
OH NO

Thank u guys for being so nice though what!! This was long ago and I was a kid just starting to draw on an ipad but I'm so lucky then and now to have people who are really supportive and give good critique. Not gonna lie tho when I saw this thread in my notifs I was preparing for the worst 😭

Last edited:
dont know much about art so
1. hmmm kinda cliche and it doesnt really interest me. and i dont like it when stories start off something with a dream bc. meh
cant really say anything else since its only like 4 pages

dont know much about art so
1. hmmm kinda cliche and it doesnt really interest me. and i dont like it when stories start off something with a dream bc. meh
cant really say anything else since its only like 4 pages
Hmm I'll take that into account and definitely try to work on it then. XD and yeah it is kinda only 4 pages right now... Should probably work on that (≧∇≦)but I'll try to make it more interesting in the ahead chapters then!
thank you so much for the honest feedback! ( ^ω^ )

it looks very interesting~ hehe I'm attempting to make a manga too :p xD just for fun tho~ Let's work hard together~ ^^ ouob

I don't like the wording in the first two panels.
"For some reason I can't remember why I'm here"
To start off "for some reason" is not something you would ever say to yourself, the same with "I can't remember why I'm here" It would make more sense to have the character question herself instead of stating what she does not know, like "where am I", "What's happening" etc.
I'm no author, but I think a good idea is to put yourself in their shoes and think about how you would react if you were them, and what you would think.

Or that's what I think at least, good luck! ^^

Next page it's up (⌒▽⌒)
Also I actually did research out of school so yay for that (≧∇≦)

I'm sorry. It's just my OCD. I just need to say... everyone's hair has a giant knot in them.. They have really big hair..
But the story, it looks pretty good so far. *Thumbs up thumb*

(≧∇≦) noooo someone's realized my big hair obsession !!!!! (*^◯^*)
I have really big hair in real life so now I shall force all the characters to have it to
MWUHAHAHAHAH ψ(`∇?)ψ
Okay not really XD I promise some characters won't have hair that could pass as an animal (≧∇≦)

Last edited:
Sorry about the late page. I was sick in bed all day yesterday with a stomach cramp and didn't feel like drawing (≧∇≦)
But IT IS HERE~(⌒▽⌒)
I'll try to double up tomorrow to make up for it (^∇^)

Side note:I spent like at least an hour on deciding/trying to draw tripping people.
ヽ(;▽;)ノSO I DREW A CHIBI INSTEADDDDDDDD

please don't kill me

Last edited:
Bump fo all dat feedback (≧∇≦)#YOLOSWAG
what is wrong with me XD...

The big hair is kinda cute haha (I got confused for a minute since it says "manga" but reads left to right though, heh n.n'...)

But on the topic of the thing itself, I'm not going to comment on the art level, because 1. You will get better, and you know you'll get better, and the fact that you can draw the same character in multiple frames and have it look the same, I appreciate that skill because I can't do that with my art.

As for the story: Yeah, its cliche, but most stuff is now. And while amnesia is another common tool, adding them together could make some better plot points. Its now up to you to write a good plot, to over come the "been there saw dead people" factor. I'm waiting to see how she handles the dead people and what they want.

And as for my earlier comment: Its not that its bad that its a comic, its just that I'm pretty sure it is one. Looking at language (and therefore structure), paneling, the fact that its colored and how the shading works, and that I can assume since its not structured as manga you yourself are not from japan, its a cute comic. Not a bad thing though!

Basically, I don't really enjoy seeing dead people plots usually, but I do like to see what people do with them. It's up to you to make this unique, and its possible. So many plots are cliche, and in the real world they get popular anyway. That's why so many people use them, and why they become cliche.

As someone who writes, and is terrified of leaving my characters as predictable, I suggest you work to build your characters in parts outside of the plot, and really spend some time putting your own spin on the situation. Add things. Develop everyone's goal. And make sure that while your characters purpose is to further this plot, that they have enough substance to exist without it. Manga, and comics, aren't only about the art.

(and I do appreciate the color, just to be clear)

Last edited:
Eh. Not a big fan of the art style. It's too chibish, to the point of disgust in my op.
The story is extremely cliche aswell and doesn't interest me so far.
The font sorta odds me out aswell... I dunno

Last edited:
The big hair is kinda cute haha (I got confused for a minute since it says "manga" but reads left to right though, heh n.n'...)

But on the topic of the thing itself, I'm not going to comment on the art level, because 1. You will get better, and you know you'll get better, and the fact that you can draw the same character in multiple frames and have it look the same, I appreciate that skill because I can't do that with my art.

As for the story: Yeah, its cliche, but most stuff is now. And while amnesia is another common tool, adding them together could make some better plot points. Its now up to you to write a good plot, to over come the "been there saw dead people" factor. I'm waiting to see how she handles the dead people and what they want.

And as for my earlier comment: Its not that its bad that its a comic, its just that I'm pretty sure it is one. Looking at language (and therefore structure), paneling, the fact that its colored and how the shading works, and that I can assume since its not structured as manga you yourself are not from japan, its a cute comic. Not a bad thing though!

Basically, I don't really enjoy seeing dead people plots usually, but I do like to see what people do with them. It's up to you to make this unique, and its possible. So many plots are cliche, and in the real world they get popular anyway. That's why so many people use them, and why they become cliche.

As someone who writes, and is terrified of leaving my characters as predictable, I suggest you work to build your characters in parts outside of the plot, and really spend some time putting your own spin on the situation. Add things. Develop everyone's goal. And make sure that while your characters purpose is to further this plot, that they have enough substance to exist without it. Manga, and comics, aren't only about the art.

(and I do appreciate the color, just to be clear)
( ? ▽ ` )ノthank you so much for the feedback
(≧∇≦)yeah I'm sadly currently writing this in America XD and it just felt natural for me to write from left to right XD

Also everything I draw turns cute ヽ(;▽;)ノ

I know I'm not a very good artist, not even close, but I want to keep trying no matter what happens. My dream is to one day be a manga writer/comic writer. To do this, I know I have to start somewhere(^ν^)even if a lot of people think it's stupid and cliche,but I want to make sure I keep going no matter what (^∇^)i want to write something that other people will enjoy. that's why I asked for feedback, good and bad, so I can take that into account and try my best to make my writing and drawing skills better. Im trying my best to improve at whatever I can(^∇^)

And thank you so much for being honest (^ν^)it really means a lot to me. I'd rather have people giving me honest opinions on how I can get better and any first impressions they had so I can get better (^ω^)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Eh. Not a big fan of the art style. It's too chibish, to the point of disgust in my op.
The story is extremely cliche aswell and doesn't interest me so far.
The font sorta odds me out aswell... I dunno
Thank you so much for your honest opinion (^ν^)
Yeah I guess my art style is pretty weird XD I'm only a beginner artist so I'll have to try to make it less chibish (≧∇≦)
As for the story I'm hoping some things I haven't revealed yet will make it more interesting, so I'll just have to try harder.
(≧∇≦)and about the font... It was either that or comic stans and comic Stan's reminds me of my mean second grade teacher soo~
*sigh* I need new fonts (≧∇≦)

Thank you so much for your feedback though! (^ν^)

It's not bad art. Anime style wise, you're a lot better than I would be I'm sure haha. And the eyes are nice.

And the good thing about writing and this sort of thing is that the more time and effort you put in, the better it will get! :D
I'll be looking for updates :3

I suggest buying Mark Crilley's Mastering Manga Book.
It may be a bit harder since you are on a lower level, but it helped me bunch.
Another suggestion is to practice drawing A LOT, like all the time and every single day. Then when you reach the level you reeeallly like continue the comic. Tip: Attempt to draw something of an artist you adore, not too hard but not easy either. I drew a lot of Bleedman art when I was younger and it helped too. Maybe a how-to or a video should help as well. The Last Airbender is a great one to practice from too.
Hope you get better and I hope your comic goes well. :-3

Last edited:
I suggest buying Mark Crilley's Mastering Manga Book.
It may be a bit harder since you are on a lower level, but it helped me bunch.
Another suggestion is to practice drawing A LOT, like all the time and every single day. Then when you reach the level you reeeallly like continue the comic. Tip: Attempt to draw something of an artist you adore, not too hard but not easy either. I drew a lot of Bleedman art when I was younger and it helped too. Maybe a how-to or a video should help as well. The Last Airbender is a great one to practice from too.
Hope you get better and I hope your comic goes well. :-3
Oh my gosh I love Mark Crilley and his work (^ν^)i know he has a lot of manga tutorials so maybe I should give them another try. The struggle of being only 14 (≧∇≦) also~
AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER IS AMAZING ( ? ▽ ` )ノ
Thank you so much for the feedback, especially from another artist as good as yourself! (^ν^)

Oh my gosh I love Mark Crilley and his work (^ν^)i know he has a lot of manga tutorials so maybe I should give them another try. The struggle of being only 14 (≧∇≦) also~
AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER IS AMAZING ( ? ▽ ` )ノ
Thank you so much for the feedback, especially from another artist as good as yourself! (^ν^)
Okay, I'm just gonna start with, please never, NEVER, waste your money on a "how to draw manga" book.
I hate those things. They are just ugh. Take an art class. You'll learn a lot more. Even if it is just a junior high/high school class.

First, I think the art is pretty good! I do think the hair needs to be smaller. Unfortunately, story is the most important thing in a comic/manga, and I think the big hair will distract from that. I actually really like the way you color eyes.
First, I would work on your outlines, before you get to work, try making sure your outlines are soft, like manga.

A good lining program is Easy Paint Tool Sai. This program doesn't work on Apple products, so you couldn't use an iPad (sorry, went to you DA to see what you use). Try a computer, and get a tablet- Wacom is my favorite. I use a Bamboo Fun, but it went out of style, apparently. Find one on Amazon. It's roughly $170. Though a cordless mouse works fine, too. I have done a lot of pictures with one. I'm serious, though, try Sai before you even go to Photoshop. I can barely use Photoshop to paint. So, first things first, use a computer, and use a tablet/cordless mouse. For the time being though, there are some good programs for the iPad, but since my iPad is at my mom's at the moment, I can't tell you which ones they are. >.>.

Also, try Manga Studio for the screen tones. It's an easy to use program, with a nice user interface.

For fonts, go online! You can find THOUSANDS of fonts for manga/comics online for free! Just download them, it'll ask to install, and install. Then start up your program! This will only work if you are using something like Photoshop, Illustrator, or Manga Studio to put in the font. Otherwise, try using one that is easily readable, not so girly(? I don't know how to describe it.) try something like this fontor like this font. Try to stay away from anything like this font. It needs to be easy to read, and not at all distracting.

Smooth out the frames. Try Illustrator for frame making, or again, Manga Studio. Illustrator has a nice smart guide, that will make sure everything is nice and straight. Manga Studio actually gives you a couple of page templets to work off of.

Don't just write the sound effects, use text. Also, notice that they artist in this example wasn't afraid to bring the sound effect out of the panel. [x]

Also, try drawing everything on paper, to give yourself an idea, then scan it in! If you don't have a scanner, a camera works, too. Just make sure that if you're going digital, everything is digital. So, even if you scan it in, you will need to line it again.

With your lines, try giving the lines variation of width and dark/light. Like so [x]

Don't be scared of color! I was for a long time, and couldn't color worth a dang, try adding in colors that aren't just on a gradient. So, say yellow can be shaded with orange. Blue can go into skin tones! Play with it. Don't confine yourself to light brown to dark brown. try throwing in yellows, blues, and purples! Also, don't just slap it ont here and call it good. Blend everything together and make it look soft.

That said though, the background should be softer and less noticeable then the actual people. Using bright pink is too much, try a softer, more delicate pink. Like the pink you used in the "school starts in 10 minutes" panel.

User references for anatomy. Real people, not other drawings.
http://www.senshistock.deviantart.com/ is a good resource. I use it all the time.
She has hundreds of pictures online to help. Honestly, try to get as close as you can to the picture, and if it's a little off, don't worry too much. After awhile, you'll have no problem moving arms and limbs around.

The last thing I'm gonna mention about the art, er re-mention is the hair. It distracts too much from the story and it's hard to look past.

Anyway, I think you're doing great so far! I think the story is fine.

However, make sure you flesh out that character. Do NOT make her a cliche. Nobody will care about her. This is a little resource I like to use when making characters. [x] Trust me, you have the best story ever, and it will be completely ignored and awful if the characters aren't good.

Get to know your characters. Make sure they're their own person, and separate from yourself (while still maintaining a part of who you are in them.) This is probably gonna sound crazy, but, try to let your characters talk to you. Let them make decisions for themselves and you just write it down, k?

Make sure your characters have in-depth backstories, and personalities and form relationships with each other.
Here's a good resource on relationships [x]

Also, there's more than just romantic relationships, by the way.
Also focus on friendships, parent-child relationships, enemies, casual acquaintances, and other.
I promise that writing strong relationships will make the story.

Try to not be to cliche with the amnesia/ghost seeing part. It's used a lot, but it can be done right. I personally have never written any of these types of stories, so I'm not at part to speak. Just make sure it's original.

Oh! Plot twists! Everyone loves a good plot twist. But only put on in if you feel like it's needed.
DOn't be afraid to make up the story as you go, and don't be afraid to change things. Chances are, the more you work on this, the less it will become what you originally wanted. And that's okay. One of my stories started out about an airforce pilot with lots of aliens, and now it's a slice of life about a college kid and him dealing with his problems and being a single dad. Things change. It's okay. Let it happen.

I know I sound crazy! But I do know what I'm talking about! I teach character creation and story making classes!
Okay, that's enough for right now.

Again, in think this has a lot of potential and I'm looking forward to chapter 2!

Last edited:
Okay, I'm just gonna start with, please never, NEVER, waste your money on a "how to draw manga" book.
I hate those things. They are just ugh. Take an art class. You'll learn a lot more. Even if it is just a junior high/high school class.

First, I think the art is pretty good! I do think the hair needs to be smaller. Unfortunately, story is the most important thing in a comic/manga, and I think the big hair will distract from that. I actually really like the way you color eyes.
First, I would work on your outlines, before you get to work, try making sure your outlines are soft, like manga.

A good lining program is Easy Paint Tool Sai. This program doesn't work on Apple products, so you couldn't use an iPad (sorry, went to you DA to see what you use). Try a computer, and get a tablet- Wacom is my favorite. I use a Bamboo Fun, but it went out of style, apparently. Find one on Amazon. It's roughly $170. Though a cordless mouse works fine, too. I have done a lot of pictures with one. I'm serious, though, try Sai before you even go to Photoshop. I can barely use Photoshop to paint. So, first things first, use a computer, and use a tablet/cordless mouse. For the time being though, there are some good programs for the iPad, but since my iPad is at my mom's at the moment, I can't tell you which ones they are. >.>.

Also, try Manga Studio for the screen tones. It's an easy to use program, with a nice user interface.

For fonts, go online! You can find THOUSANDS of fonts for manga/comics online for free! Just download them, it'll ask to install, and install. Then start up your program! This will only work if you are using something like Photoshop, Illustrator, or Manga Studio to put in the font. Otherwise, try using one that is easily readable, not so girly(? I don't know how to describe it.) try something like this fontor like this font. Try to stay away from anything like this font. It needs to be easy to read, and not at all distracting.

Smooth out the frames. Try Illustrator for frame making, or again, Manga Studio. Illustrator has a nice smart guide, that will make sure everything is nice and straight. Manga Studio actually gives you a couple of page templets to work off of.

Don't just write the sound effects, use text. Also, notice that they artist in this example wasn't afraid to bring the sound effect out of the panel. [x]

Also, try drawing everything on paper, to give yourself an idea, then scan it in! If you don't have a scanner, a camera works, too. Just make sure that if you're going digital, everything is digital. So, even if you scan it in, you will need to line it again.

With your lines, try giving the lines variation of width and dark/light. Like so [x]

Don't be scared of color! I was for a long time, and couldn't color worth a dang, try adding in colors that aren't just on a gradient. So, say yellow can be shaded with orange. Blue can go into skin tones! Play with it. Don't confine yourself to light brown to dark brown. try throwing in yellows, blues, and purples! Also, don't just slap it ont here and call it good. Blend everything together and make it look soft.

That said though, the background should be softer and less noticeable then the actual people. Using bright pink is too much, try a softer, more delicate pink. Like the pink you used in the "school starts in 10 minutes" panel.

User references for anatomy. Real people, not other drawings.
http://www.senshistock.deviantart.com/ is a good resource. I use it all the time.
She has hundreds of pictures online to help. Honestly, try to get as close as you can to the picture, and if it's a little off, don't worry too much. After awhile, you'll have no problem moving arms and limbs around.

The last thing I'm gonna mention about the art, er re-mention is the hair. It distracts too much from the story and it's hard to look past.

Anyway, I think you're doing great so far! I think the story is fine.

However, make sure you flesh out that character. Do NOT make her a cliche. Nobody will care about her. This is a little resource I like to use when making characters. [x] Trust me, you have the best story ever, and it will be completely ignored and awful if the characters aren't good.

Get to know your characters. Make sure they're their own person, and separate from yourself (while still maintaining a part of who you are in them.) This is probably gonna sound crazy, but, try to let your characters talk to you. Let them make decisions for themselves and you just write it down, k?

Make sure your characters have in-depth backstories, and personalities and form relationships with each other.
Here's a good resource on relationships [x]

Also, there's more than just romantic relationships, by the way.
Also focus on friendships, parent-child relationships, enemies, casual acquaintances, and other.
I promise that writing strong relationships will make the story.

Try to not be to cliche with the amnesia/ghost seeing part. It's used a lot, but it can be done right. I personally have never written any of these types of stories, so I'm not at part to speak. Just make sure it's original.

Oh! Plot twists! Everyone loves a good plot twist. But only put on in if you feel like it's needed.
DOn't be afraid to make up the story as you go, and don't be afraid to change things. Chances are, the more you work on this, the less it will become what you originally wanted. And that's okay. One of my stories started out about an airforce pilot with lots of aliens, and now it's a slice of life about a college kid and him dealing with his problems and being a single dad. Things change. It's okay. Let it happen.

I know I sound crazy! But I do know what I'm talking about! I teach character creation and story making classes!
Okay, that's enough for right now.

Again, in think this has a lot of potential and I'm looking forward to chapter 2!

image.jpg
This basically sums up my feelings about your comment...
You...

You are literally making me cry tears of thankfulness right now ヽ(;▽;)ノ
I...I don't even know what to say... Thank you.... Thank you so much for all of that. It must've been a lot of time and effort to write that, especially with all the thinks and such. I-I-i
*sniffle*
All of those tips...I-I... Those were really good tips too ( i _ i )I-I
I honestly am at a loss for words here... Thank you so much for everything ( ? ▽ ` ) I went to all of the links you suggested and I really think that they'll help me out a lot from here. Due to my school having an odd system, I can't take art classes until next year, but all do those tips....that was honestly amazing. I'll definitely use them every time I want to work on it. I'm currently trying to save up just a little more for a drawing tablet (^ν^)I'm getting a summer job and I already have some money saved up so hopefully I can get maybe one that costs around 150-200. I really am serious about this. This has always been my dream job so I want to start working towards it now. And then fact that your helping me so much
ヽ(;▽;)ノ
*salutes* I WILL DEFINITELY TRY MY BEST FROM NOW ON, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR BELIEVING IN SOMEONE LIKE ME!

Back