Memory - A Town made to remember the times of City Folk - FINAL DAY"!

You're kidding, right? Thousands of people play Wii and DS games every day that are considered "outdated", by your standards, like Mario Kart Wii.

yeah that's outdated

- - - Post Merge - - -

they wont even be selling those systems soon

Wait what? I only have an iPhone 5c! Omg

I use an iPad 2 and an iPod 4. You're with the new generation. :rolleyes:

Anyway back on topic I'd join this stuff but I'm way too lazy to see the original Startown haha.

The wifi is being shut down because it isnt a smart move for a company who are suffering major losses to keep up an essentially free wifi system. Just learn to accept it.

The wifi is being shut down because it isnt a smart move for a company who are suffering major losses to keep up an essentially free wifi system. Just learn to accept it.

its a smart move and I am going bound excepting that fact

Wanna know the real mistake they made? Making Wii Us in the first place!

(sorry bout that let's get back on topic)

You cant blame a company for trying something new. We wouldnt have gotten things like the wii, snes, nes or hell even saved the industry without taking a few risks. The wii u failed. Innovation doesnt always work. It seems to me your just too stubborn to accept the truth and try to fight it.

The wifi is being closed. Wether you like it or not.

As i posted before,

DEAL WITH IT.

You cant blame a company for trying something new. We wouldnt have gotten things like the wii, snes, nes or hell even saved the industry without taking a few risks. The wii u failed. Innovation doesnt always work. It seems to me your just too stubborn to accept the truth and try to fight it.

The wifi is being closed. Wether you like it or not.

As i posted before,

DEAL WITH IT.
All I've said was that I just think it's a bad move, I never said I was going in front of NoAs headquarters holding a picket sign that says "Bring Back Wi-Fi". Sheesh, no need to bust out size seven text, I get the message.

There's also a difference between "innovation" and "greed".

All I've said was that I just think it's a bad move, I never said I was going in front of NoAs headquarters holding a picket sign that says "Bring Back Wi-Fi". Sheesh, no need to bust out size seven text, I get the message.

There's also a difference between "innovation" and "greed".

A differnce you cannot tell.

Tme to depart, this flamewars gone on long enough. Slly people never learn

Last edited:
Did you guys expect them to keep it up forever??? They don't even MAKE Wiis anymore, and DSes have been out since the beginning of time. Of course they're going to turn off the wi-fi. Calm down about it, it's not like they're destroying all the Wiis and DSes, you can still USE them.

Yes! I finally got my copy of City Folk.
I am now creating memory. But i need your help!
Can you possibly gather up the bells for expansions etc?

Yes! I finally got my copy of City Folk.
I am now creating memory. But i need your help!
Can you possibly gather up the bells for expansions etc?

I don't play in my city folk town very much, but I'll help gather as much as I can ;) I love the idea of a commemorative town!

Hey Fireninja1, I think Prof. Gallows said it best:

You really shouldn't be complaining about how "corrupt" Nintendo is for making this decision.

They've been keeping the servers for DS games on for almost as long as some of our members have been alive here. Nearly ten years. They had to drop these because they couldn't afford it, including the Wii servers. If Nintendo were being corrupt they would have been charging you to use those online features in the first place. But they didn't and they most likely never will. You should do a little more research into things before you start going off calling people corrupt for things you don't understand fully.

Not looking to derail the conversation, just tired of seeing people complain about this. I think that this is an excellent idea for a town, and I wish you the best of luck with it.

Back