Ideas for new villagers?

The Gummy Bear one along with Stitches could look really nice. In other side, i always want Sharks and Snakes.

Snake villagers would be really cool, so would foxes! But the animal that I'd like the most would be the red panda. Their personalities could be Peppy, Uchi, and Lazy.

There are some great ideas in this thread!
I simply LOVE the gummy bear idea. When we already have Stitches (who is like a handmade teddy bear) it makes the most sense to add in a future game.

I would also like to see more variations of cat/dog villagers. Some have different kinds of ears, tails, and fur instead of just having one base model for the cats/dogs. The only variations we really see in the game currently are Isabelle, Digbe, and Harriet.

Sharks could be pretty cool, and it would be able to work since we already have squid villagers and frog villagers.
To add onto that, I would love to see some insects become villagers. A ladybug would be pretty cute, or even a bee. I would even advocate for a spider villager, maybe the design would be similar to Muffet from Undertale?

Logical extension of octopus villagers -> squid villagers ( or is that too close to splatoon?) . I like the idea of more food-themed villagers but that's just me {I would love to have a food themed villager only town} Maybe a yeti villager with the gorilla model? Fox villagers could look sort of like wolf villagers (like bears and bear cubs sort of).

If they make a chameleon villager there needs to be a lazy ( maybe smug? ) one named francis ( if you get my references :) )

Last edited:
I just want cute things with wings on their backs. Maybe bug villagers, but that's a really bad idea considering you catch bugs and stuff to make a living in the game, and I can't imagine that sitting with a little butterfly villager. (But can you just imagine mouse/hamster sized butterflies with cute little wings running around and having the time of their lives?)

Question: will we ever get a species that already has NPCs representing it, i.e. foxes (Redd), skunks (Kicks) etc. I hate to say it, but it almost seems like their intentionally avoiding having overlapping between actual villagers and NPCs. The only exceptions I can think of right now are cats and dogs, and those two are just such popular standard animals that it just wouldn't have made sense to exclude them either way.

I'd personally love foxes, otters and raccoons. Bats would be cute as hell too!

I would love to see a winter white hamster villager that changed colours from grey to white depending on the season! I would also love to see other small animals villagers like gerbils, guinea pigs, chinchillas and degus.

A Japanese themed villager other then sanrio that you can get without an amiibo card :3
or a dragon villager with either a grumpy personality or a normal one

Bat Villagers, Snake Villagers, Seahose Villagers, Hedgehog Villagers and Armadillo Villagers, there's so many possibilties :)

Moose villagers :eek:

- - - Post Merge - - -

this wouldnt make any sense but i want an insect villager lol (like a beetle boy or somethin)
There are frog villagers and you can also fish frogs, there are octopus villagers and you can get them when diving, so why not?

Bats and foxes! They'd be so cute! Also charmelons sounds really cool, maybe even a ghost villager! Like wisp?

Meercats, just about the cutest animal ever, would be a very cool addition to the lineup.

Back