• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Our Current Status

Tyler

Retired Staff
Bells
Cake
Our 3 year anniversary is in about a week or so, and the site turned 1 year a couple of weeks ago. Yea, time does fly by quickly. As I have stated in my past article, TBT Continues to Grow, we are growing, and will continue to go. In the life span of TBT we've had over 2,000 members grace us with their presence, and that's no easy feat on InvisionFree forums, and we should be thanking the ones who started it all. I mean look at this image. We are beating all of the Nintendo Forums, and both of the two top AC sites out there over the past month! Now that's a feat!

bec79660.jpg

Traffic Details of the-bell-tree.com via alexa.com.
During the short time period of TBT being open in 2004, 31 members joined, and 4 of which are still with us today. Now in most people's mind, that is a horrible number of members staying, you need to remember all forums are like that. TBT was open to the public as of December 3rd, 2004, so not too many people could actually get here, also. Within the time period of 2005, we got to 577 members.

Now 2006 was an interesting year overall though. There was a lot of speculation of the forums dying, or stormcommander and Bulerias would give up. Obviously we now know today that they didn't. With the release the blog in the summer, that got us a good amount of members, and than the release of the official site brought in even more members. By the end of 2006, that number of 577 doubled to 1,258 members. Over the span of 2007 the number increased, and we are now at about 2,100 members. Since we are almost at the beginning of November, we have nearly 2 months left. Can we get 400 members in that span of 2 months? Personally, I'd be surprised if we did, but wouldn't be if we were close.

However a certain amount of members do not make a site...

The matter of the fact is that we aren't really close to a site, even though we have a domain and a site with excellent Gamers' Lounge content, that wasn't the point of the site. The community was founded off of Animal Crossing, and it should always keep its Animal Crossing roots. The staff hasn't forgotten that, and neither have I.

5af965e6.jpg

A symbol none of us will forget, as it has been the standing point of community at TBT.
Now why aren't we close to a site? Well the site is bare bones overall when it comes to AC content and has been for the past year. I know there are tons of great projects that'll amaze the heck out of the members but before those projects can begin we need to focus on the site. Storm really shouldn't have to do all the work, and I know I've said this before, and I've been a hypocrite over and over again, but we need to focus on the present day instead of the past. How can this be fixed? Obviously just we need to volunteer and do it. The majority of the forum is full of a lot of bright and intelligent people, and together we really can get something done.

Basically what I'm saying is that there are multiple things that can be done, and it'll really help the community and yourself. Basically the easiest thing that you can do is participate. Participation is the key factor of any event, or anything in general. Participate in Signature Contests and your Annual Holiday Competitions. It really couldn't get any easier. If you participate the staff will want to hold more events of this kind. Also if you sign up for something remember to stay active in it, and don't stop working because you don't feel like doing it.

Another way, as I mentioned is just volunteer and help out. While there are certain things you guys don't know about, there are always ways you can help out. For instance the Items Guide hasn't been worked on in months, and it was supposed to be done at the launch of the site. That's obviously not a good thing.

Holdables1.png

Helloooo? Where are our items?
Now if you think about it, once we get this little problem of ours done we'll be more like a site.

Just think of it like this. We're all friends, and will most likely always be friends. However there's a time and a place for fun. Now think of the position TBT is in. We're in a good one, but always shoot for the stars. TBT can become one of the biggest AC sites. ACC isn't the greatest community ever, and AXing is falling apart. Now is our chance, we just have to stop being lazy!

"Bare-bones"? I'm sorry, but when you overlook the stunning VG content, ESPECIALLY the Virtual Console portion... that makes me a sad panda. As for the AC section, yes I agree with you. But calling the whole site bare-bones is just wrong.

Bulerias said:
"Bare-bones"? I'm sorry, but when you overlook the stunning VG content, ESPECIALLY the Virtual Console portion... that makes me a sad panda. As for the AC section, yes I agree with you. But calling the whole site bare-bones is just wrong.
The matter of the fact is that we aren't really close to a site, even though we have a domain and a site with excellent Gamers' Lounge content, that wasn't the point of the site. The community was founded off of Animal Crossing, and it should always keep its Animal Crossing roots. The staff hasn't forgotten that, and neither have I.

*fixes anyway*

OddCrazyMe said:
Bulerias said:

*fixes anyway*
OK... "Original point of the site"... points and meanings aren't immortal. They can change. Roots, okay. I respect my roots. But to be honest with you, I haven't played an AC game in . . . a long time.

I agree that people don't want to do that kind of stuff, but there's nothing really to do about it (even though we've been on the edge of finishing for a while). So right now, a select few will continue the work, and eventually more dedicated ACers will come along for future projects.

Bulerias said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Bulerias said:

*fixes anyway*
OK... "Original point of the site"... points and meanings aren't immortal. They can change. Roots, okay. I respect my roots. But to be honest with you, I haven't played an AC game in . . . a long time.
Well I do agree, however there are still many people out there who still play the game. Yes I do agree that compared to other DS and Wii games, AC is a small one but still it does have a fanbase.

If it's true that AC will be an MMO... and Nintendo does a good job... TBT will grow a lot more. That kind of aspect enhances the community of the game, and that's us, a community.

OddCrazyMe said:
Bulerias said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Bulerias said:

*fixes anyway*
Well I do agree, however there are still many people out there who still play the game. Yes I do agree that compared to other DS and Wii games, AC is a small one but still it does have a fanbase.
Not denying that, and I still see your point. But the way I see TBT, at least judging by the current circumstances, AC and VG should at least be equal... But I can barely handle doing VG content. Someone needs to, you know.... help...

Which was the original idea in your post.

^_^

stormcommander said:
If it's true that AC will be an MMO... and Nintendo does a good job... TBT will grow a lot more. That kind of aspect enhances the community of the game, and that's us, a community.
I agree with that. When a game becomes an MMO, the replay value increases a million-fold... and if there's a lot to do in MMO-ified Animal Crossing, there's going to be a lot to cover.

"A symbol none of us will forget, as it has been the standing point of community at TBT." If I'm not wrong, isn't that the symbol the rebels used on Storm's day? It's not really that important (I may be wrong...because that symbol really does mean nothing).

Also, about the participation that's very true. Which is why I've won probably about 6 or 7 tournaments and contests here. No one here can stick to something (VG tournaments), not one tournament has succeeded here at TBT. The Pokemon tournament that Zero hosted a while ago got to about the Semi or Quarter Finals, however, in the beginning many people quit right away (hmmm...no dedication at all?). This forum is not about video games or contests really, it's about chatting. That's what TBT has turned into. Otherwise I wouldn't have won all the contests I have won (well...I would've won the MKDS and MSC one anyways...). Is there anyone else on this forum who has actually fully participated in events/tournaments/contests like me? But like I said earlier, no one cares about the video games, contests, events. It's all about chatting, which is why I don't come here much anymore, because someone's differences make a big deal on this forum.

Note: I'm not replying to rude/disrespectful/pointless comments.

Super_Naruto said:
"A symbol none of us will forget, as it has been the standing point of community at TBT." If I'm not wrong, isn't that the symbol the rebels used on Storm's day? It's not really that important (I may be wrong...because that symbol really does mean nothing).

Also, about the participation that's very true. Which is why I've one probably about 6 or 7 tournaments and contests here. No one here can stick to something (VG tournaments), not one tournament has succeeded here at TBT. The Pokemon tournament that Zero hosted a while ago got to about the Semi or Quarter Finals, however, in the beginning many people quit right away (hmmm...no dedication at all?). This forum is not about video games or contests really, it's about chatting. That's what TBT has turned into. Otherwise I wouldn't have won all the contests I have won (well...I would've won the MKDS and MSC one anyways...). Is there anyone else on this forum who has actually fully participated in events/tournaments/contests like me? But like I said earlier, no one cares about the video games, contests, events. It's all about chatting, which is why I don't come here much anymore, because someone's differences make a big deal on this forum.

Note: I'm not replying to rude/disrespectful/pointless comments.
Than change it.

@ YOU shouldn't be talking, Mr. Items are illogical...

edit: understand you're not trying to be rude, but that's kinda hypocritical.

I did quite a lot for the items, not as much as Storm or Justin though. Also, there's no way to change it, I participate fully in everything but no one else does, and I make posts saying no one participates (well not really...but yeah) and it doesn't matter.

Super_Naruto said:
I did quite a lot for the items, not as much as Storm or Justin though. Also, there's no way to change it, I participate fully in everything but no one else does, and I make posts saying no one participates (well not really...but yeah) and it doesn't matter.
True, true... it just seemed like you weren't dedicated to it at all.

Anywho, yea just keep trying with contests and make sure people get on top of it about it. Maybe try other kinds of contests.

OddCrazyMe said:
Super_Naruto said:

Anywho, yea just keep trying with contests and make sure people get on top of it about it. Maybe try other kinds of contests.
I was not dedicated at all, however, I still did more work than a lot of people. Also, how many PMs did I send out when I hosted the MSC tournament. About 20 and to 6 different people. However, people are so busy in their lives to come on here hours and a day and not play 10 mins in a tournament that's fun.

Super_Naruto said:
BTW, before you post next...

Don't even bother saying you won a contest before and never got the prize. >_>

Super_Naruto said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Super_Naruto said:

I was not dedicated at all, however, I still did more work than a lot of people. Also, how many PMs did I send out when I hosted the MSC tournament. About 20 and to 6 different people. However, people are so busy in their lives to come on here hours and a day and not play 10 mins in a tournament that's fun.
I didn't enter because your rules are always out of wack.

Justin125 said:
Super_Naruto said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Super_Naruto said:

I didn't enter because your rules are always out of wack.
It was a standard Mario Strikers Charged game? However, instead of a match being the default 3 game match I made it 5. How is that out of whack? The rest of the rules were default. Howevever, because of no participation and pure lazyness (besides .bored and me) the tournament failed, just like all the other tournaments.

Super_Naruto said:
OddCrazyMe said:
Super_Naruto said:

I know why I didn't enter.

I don't have the game.

Back